6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 259 260 261 262 263 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Nov 23, 2017 - 3:52 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

No taco Bell on the Ohio turnpike. Just crap mostly.

--------------------
post Nov 23, 2017 - 7:03 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

I live in Ohio and I can agree the majority of the food sucks on the turnpike

QUOTE (Bitter @ Nov 23, 2017 - 4:52 PM) *
No taco Bell on the Ohio turnpike. Just crap mostly.

post Nov 24, 2017 - 12:35 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Got the light covers off the Miata, polished out the headlights, and wrapped the hood in vinyl. Looks pretty good now, though he decided it looks better with the headlight covers so will repaint those and put them back on after fully restoring the lights. He's taking it to work tomorrow to do the oil change and fuel filter. Went out for a short ride to see how the HID kit worked and if the lights needed adjusted any, not bad for re-base I guess. I suppose really the only improvement left to be made there for the time being would be to do 9011 bulbs on a relay harness for the high beams, maybe after doing the Genesis and Audi with D2S setups he'll also do it. He kept trying to get the back end to spin and slide and it wouldn't do it, the BFG are too grippy and/or the Miata is too weak. laugh.gif Actually feels fairly sprightly though from a dig after doing the tune-up.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 26, 2017 - 6:03 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Really not much new at the moment, thinking about taking some plastic ducting and run it from the factory air box down into the front of the Miata. Or at least down into the fender/bumper opening, for some reason there's a cutout from the factory but the air box snorkel stops way short and draws air from the engine bay instead. Seeing as the Randall is the only really proven intake and it's just the factory setup with a snorkel running to a hole you cut into the firewall/cowl, I figure taking ducting to the front of the car should be just as effective and won't require desecrating the car. Ended up going for a top down ride earlier, with the glass window it's more trouble to put the top down than my hair up. About to finish up a top end clean with the CRC GDI cleaner, so that should be fun. Also took some pics showing off our handy work with vinyl, not bad for our first time doing something so large if I say so myself:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 26, 2017 - 8:38 PM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

Whelp Porsche ebay auction just ended and now I'm just awaiting payment. Hopefully guy comes through, he has good feedback so he should

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Nov 26, 2017 - 9:21 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Congrats! Hopefully all works out.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 26, 2017 - 10:06 PM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

Thanks now time to focus on finishing my celi

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Nov 27, 2017 - 2:48 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Ohio still sucks, if Florida is hell then Ohio is purgatory.

--------------------
post Nov 27, 2017 - 7:09 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Everywhere is Hell.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 27, 2017 - 9:19 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

Just bought these bookshelf speakers for my wife and I. We'll use it for our turntable setup in the living room. They have excellent reviews, although I've never had anything from ELAC.

https://www.amazon.com/Debut-Bookshelf-Spea...K9NDPZBX907FHXK

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Nov 27, 2017 - 5:52 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

They've been around for awhile and the reviews are good, so I think you should be ok.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 27, 2017 - 9:13 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Meh, pass.

I'd sooner go cheaper and grab a pair of used working M-Audio AV40 for around $100 and pair with a good sub for low end or go higher end and get a pair of M-Audio true studio monitors like the BX series. I've had a pair of good used AV40 for a number of years and use them regularly, the always sound amazingly good. Used studio monitors on eBay are almost always a bargain since people doing production work are much much less likely to abuse their speakers than normal people, and I just plain like having something of the same quality that the movie or music I'm listening to was mastered and mixed with. Same reason I love and adore my AKG K240 head phones.

--------------------
post Nov 27, 2017 - 9:33 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Just go all out and get McIntosh, if you don't have $50,000 of home audio equipment you're doing it wrong.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 27, 2017 - 9:36 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

That said currently using a Yamaha receiver and Polk Audio speakers and they do really well for movies and games. Use Peavey for my music gear and have a set of vintage Pioneer headphones for when headphones are needed.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 27, 2017 - 10:23 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

The NB looks good. I don't have any trouble with the window, the trick is to push the glass back and up slightly near the base as it will pinch otherwise once the top starts to fold. Seems to stick more when the vinyl is cold, I like to think it adds character.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Nov 27, 2017 - 10:23 PM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Nov 28, 2017 - 12:06 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Yup, it's really growing on me. He just ordered a radiator and timing kit for it, so will be doing that soon as well as the trans and differential fluid and that should wrap it up as far as catching any kind of maintenance items goes. I think having to push the glass is still easier than having to unzip it though, and putting it back up is definitely quicker. Of course the ND and 124 they really have it down to a science, but I guess that's progress for you. I have developed an intense fondness for it, and it's not even mine. I like it a lot more than the NA6 I had, why some people say "Just get whichever you can find since they're all the same" is beyond me as there's definitely a big difference between the NA6 and NB2 at least.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 28, 2017 - 1:32 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Just buy it from him already. Then LS swap it.

--------------------
post Nov 28, 2017 - 4:32 PM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

**** people. Porsche guy backed out Because "I wasn't clear." Yeah pictures and well written description must of not been clear enough idiot.

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Nov 28, 2017 - 6:29 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Nov 28, 2017 - 12:32 PM) *
Just buy it from him already. Then LS swap it.

He wants to turbocharge it and all that fun stuff, but if he ever wants to sell it I'm first in line.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 28, 2017 - 6:35 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (1994Celica @ Nov 28, 2017 - 3:32 PM) *
**** people. Porsche guy backed out Because "I wasn't clear." Yeah pictures and well written description must of not been clear enough idiot.

Ughh.... This is why you require a non-refundable deposit within 24 hours, so then if they back out you have their money to cover fees or you at least have proof to show eBay they fell through and never even paid the deposit. That or I've learned do it as a Buy It Now with immediate deposit required and then you either deal outside of eBay or if you do it through eBay you're covered in terms of fees.

I'm not sure if they changed it, but if you can see the bidder history you might can contact the second place bidder and see if they want it for their bid if you're ok with that price.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

400 Pages V  « < 259 260 261 262 263 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:41 PM