> Blinker issues?
post Nov 13, 2017 - 1:45 PM
+Quote Post
tnareau

Enthusiast

Joined Aug 29, '16
From asheville nc
Currently Offline

I have a 97 celica conv and today when I got in, (before I tried to start it) it sounded like the blinker was on. I put key in and nothing. But the blinker noise was still there. All the lights came on inside, and radio worked and antennae went up and down. Anyone???? Thanks
post Dec 11, 2017 - 7:52 PM
+Quote Post
Langing

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '14
From Durham, NC, USA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (tnareau @ Nov 13, 2017 - 1:45 PM) *
I have a 97 celica conv and today when I got in, (before I tried to start it) it sounded like the blinker was on. I put key in and nothing. But the blinker noise was still there. All the lights came on inside, and radio worked and antennae went up and down. Anyone???? Thanks

You posted your question a long time back, so you probably have already figured out what was wrong, but since nobody responded to your questions, I will venture to help, in case it is still needed.

BLINKER

(A) Was the blinker sound active BEFORE you inserted the key into the ignition switch?

(B) Or, did the blinker sound start exactly when you inserted the key, but BEFORE you turned the key to the ON position?

© Or, did the blinker sound start exactly when you turned the key to the ON position?

(D) Or, did the blinker sound start exactly when you turned the key to the START position?

LIGHTS, RADIO, ANTENNA

The key switch has three positions, KEY IN, ON, and START. At which position did the lights, radio and antenna become active?

And was the blinker sound active at all three switch positions?

From your answers, we might be able to determine, from the schematic, what is happening to the blinkers on.
post Dec 11, 2017 - 8:12 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

if all else fails

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 11, 2017 - 9:34 PM
+Quote Post
Langing

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '14
From Durham, NC, USA
Currently Offline

Or the newer GF-5 version. It has a special additive.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 12:54 PM