Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

amazing! love this build!

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Aug 4, 2020 - 9:27 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Fantastic. Good to see you are still active. I miss my 7A. kindasad.gif

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Aug 22, 2020 - 8:56 AM
+Quote Post
Hafkai

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 9, '05
From Germany
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Aug 3, 2020 - 12:03 AM) *
have you any videos of your car on track?

No, nothing from a 1/4 mile and no circuit videos with this setup, but i wouldnīt try it with this setup right now, on a circuit iīm pretty sure something would overheat with the stock cooling system biggrin.gif .. and for a 1/4 mile i would need some better tires and would have to rebuild the transmission, everything looked ok when i took it apart but itīs really hard to shift over 7000rpm, no grinding but the gears just take long time to go in. Iīll rebuild the synchros from 1-4 in the next months with new oem parts, i hope it will make a difference.

But i finished my new intake manifold and itīs huge... made a massive difference in my VE map, the old intake lost power from 6000 to 8000 in a almost straight line, now it stays way longer at a higher level, i gained over 10% at 7500rpm.

post Aug 24, 2020 - 7:05 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Damn. That's awesome.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Jan 20, 2021 - 6:14 AM
+Quote Post
Hafkai

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 9, '05
From Germany
Currently Offline

New year, new turbo... wink.gif .. i initially wanted to get rid of the totaly useless internal wastegate of the GTX, it just canīt flow enough to be able to control the turbo, so i was going to replace the T28 exhaust housing with a nice v-band housing but since this is somewhat pricy i decided to spend a little more on a completely different turbo that already comes with a v-band housing and has more potential. I decided to go with a G30-660 AR.61 in combination with a Tial MV-R ... maybe a little overkill on the wastegate side but itīs perfect to reduce boost in lower gears.

Before i swapped the turbo i went to a dyno with the GTX and made a little over 400whp and 350ft/lbs @ about 28psi.

G30-660 vs GTX2867R GenII, the G30 is a really compact unit

Fitting the G30 to the engine was quite easy, i just cut off the T25 flange from the header, put the v-band flange in the same position and everything looked perfect, even the inlet fit without any modification, i just had to rebuild the oil and water lines.

The wastegate on the other hand took some time.... but i found a nice position and iīm really happy how it worked out.

The G30 of course spools a little bit later then the GTX, even with the small 0.61 exhaust housing, but when itīs at about 15-16psi it almost immediately jumps to 26-28psi wich feels really funny wink.gif
The swap was definitely worth the money, at last iīm able to control the boost without crazy overboosts, the car feels way better with this setup. I use a 4port Mac valve for boost control which works amazing, the wastegate is running a 7 psi spring so i have plenty control in first and second gear.
post Feb 27, 2021 - 1:54 PM
+Quote Post
Manu_GRMN

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 27, '21
From Spain
Currently Offline

a fantastic project smile.gif smile.gif , how did you install the coils on plug ?? what material are needed
post Feb 28, 2021 - 5:50 AM
+Quote Post
Manu_GRMN

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 27, '21
From Spain
Currently Offline

whaooo good project, you have a diagram to put the bosch p65 coils and what material is needed
post Jun 19, 2022 - 6:02 PM
+Quote Post
madk4speed

Enthusiast

Joined Apr 18, '20
From UK
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Hafkai @ Dec 5, 2011 - 3:44 PM) *
I decided to completely remove the old ignition system and build me a coil on plug system. I will use a Avensis 7A-FE distributor as crank angle(24 instead of 4 teeth) and sync pickup. The coils are from Bosch (part#: 0 221 504 024), since they're dumb coils withouh build in igniters i have to use an external (part# 0 227 100 211)
Those coils fit quite well, the only problem could be the hood since they're connectors face in that direction ......

Can you let us know on the P/N of the distributor? I am looking the Toyota parts catalogue online but I cannot find it. Is it a distributor indeed or a Camshaft sensor?

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 10:07 AM