> Because RACECAR!!
post Aug 7, 2012 - 2:43 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

After a few weeks this is what it looks like...

--------------------
post Aug 7, 2012 - 2:48 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

glad to see that adapter changed hands again, i should have signed it, and made more and then world domination.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Aug 8, 2012 - 1:15 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

This, Is a celica?!
Da fuq? lol.

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!
post Aug 8, 2012 - 8:23 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Aug 8, 2012 - 1:15 PM) *
This, Is a celica?!
Da fuq? lol.

I'm glad someone asked.....

NOOO! this is a late model dirt car, rear wheel drive, 500+ horsepower crate motor, it'll be the other car we take to the track come race night.... Celica be on the other trailer lol

--------------------
post Aug 9, 2012 - 5:33 AM
+Quote Post
yellowchinaman

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '08
From London
Currently Offline

Amazing that an adaptor can change an entire car smile.gif
post Aug 20, 2012 - 9:01 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Aug 20, 2012 - 9:36 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

^ laugh.gif Weight reduction to the EXTREME! tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 28, 2012 - 5:17 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

I'll just leave this here from yesterday...

--------------------
post Aug 30, 2012 - 9:48 AM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

rollcage!
post Aug 30, 2012 - 10:31 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

amazing!!!

--------------------

post Aug 30, 2012 - 8:50 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

--------------------
post Aug 30, 2012 - 10:54 PM
+Quote Post
mkernz22

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '10
From MA
Currently Offline

So you're going doorless? laugh.gif
Just kidding. I see that you're going to be welding a panel on there instead of having an actual door.
post Sep 10, 2012 - 9:44 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

--------------------
post Sep 10, 2012 - 10:43 PM
+Quote Post
turnip

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 24, '09
Currently Offline

In regards to LSD vs weld. I recommend welding as it's Just plain better on the dirt. After 3 celicas an 5 years of racing on the dirt there is no comparison as Welded trans will outperform LSD. The one caveat is each tracks rules. Some say no welded. However most tracks don't check or even care to enforce the rules. I have run some very small tracks an ur concerns in regards to tight turns r valid for a welded diff but even the 1/4 mile tracks r not an issue. Key is tires an suspension. The super strut is great but not worth the headache. The unreliability is a fact. If I get thru this season without a wheel coming off I will be surprised. It was good to test it out but going back to stock cause I need parts an finding them will be an issue an not worth the expense. Sorry I have been MIA. Will post up some pics soon an give me a call with any questions. I have built 3 of these an can give u a lot of pointers. Maybe we can race at Tyler county next spring.
post Sep 11, 2012 - 6:48 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

QUOTE (turnip @ Sep 10, 2012 - 10:43 PM) *
In regards to LSD vs weld. I recommend welding as it's Just plain better on the dirt. After 3 celicas an 5 years of racing on the dirt there is no comparison as Welded trans will outperform LSD. The one caveat is each tracks rules. Some say no welded. However most tracks don't check or even care to enforce the rules. I have run some very small tracks an ur concerns in regards to tight turns r valid for a welded diff but even the 1/4 mile tracks r not an issue. Key is tires an suspension. The super strut is great but not worth the headache. The unreliability is a fact. If I get thru this season without a wheel coming off I will be surprised. It was good to test it out but going back to stock cause I need parts an finding them will be an issue an not worth the expense. Sorry I have been MIA. Will post up some pics soon an give me a call with any questions. I have built 3 of these an can give u a lot of pointers. Maybe we can race at Tyler county next spring.

If you're going to be at TYLER COUNTY i will most def be there. That's like an hour from my house. Where in general are you coming from?

But thanks for the heads up on the welded. I wouldn't have thought the difference would have been that much. Post up some pics of how your car looks.. Inside... outside.... fuel cell...we're trying to figure out what all we're gong to do with this one... make it look like a late model maybe LOL

The tracks around here say that welded differentials are allowed... so I think I"m good there.

--------------------
post Sep 14, 2012 - 9:34 PM
+Quote Post
turnip

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 24, '09
Currently Offline

Sounds good on racing in the spring at Tyler County. I race at all around western PA and Western MD.

I will round up some pics but if you pull my old build thread you can see the cage install. We have been using the same cages for the other cars. I fabricated a trick quick disconnect for the steering wheel retaining the stock steering wheel and I recommend retaining the power steering vs eliminating it. Only run OEM axles....rebuilds from advanced will last about one race. Im running stock fuel tank vs a fuel cell.

post Sep 14, 2012 - 10:06 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I've just had a thought. I know the BEAMS and 5S use the same 190 lph fuel pump, but considering how much time you will spend at WOT or at least above 50% throttle, you might consider a new fuel pump. I know the stock fuel pump takes a second to build pressure back up, so a newer fuel pump might not be a bad thing. Low fuel pressure is never a good thing. Of course, I'm sure you've already thought of this since you're two steps ahead of me

The cage is looking great! I'd love to make it up to the race between you two. Keep me updated and I'll check my schedule!

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Sep 15, 2012 - 1:59 AM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Hey look, its almost a racecar smile.gif
post Mar 14, 2013 - 7:44 AM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

Updates coming this weekend...

--------------------
post Mar 14, 2013 - 3:55 PM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

bout time!!!

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:22 AM