> Need advice, ‘94 Celica tranny and engine swap
post Feb 4, 2019 - 12:34 AM
+Quote Post
NC_1994_6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 4, '19
From Kameron0898!!
Currently Offline

Hey everyone, I’m new to the community. I just bought my ‘94 Celica st and it is the 2nd Celica I’ve owned. I love this car already and buying it was almost accidental (just needed a new car quick) however it is an automatic and has >220,000. It runs great but I think I’m going to put a manual transmission in and do an engine swap (for more power and eventually adding a turbo). Could anyone give me advice on what engine to get (based of price and best quality) as well as any advice on actually swapping them both out. Any advice is very much appreciated thanks everyone.

Start new topic
Replies
post Feb 9, 2019 - 7:15 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NC_1994_6GC @ Feb 3, 2019 - 11:34 PM) *
Hey everyone, I’m new to the community. I just bought my ‘94 Celica st and it is the 2nd Celica I’ve owned. I love this car already and buying it was almost accidental (just needed a new car quick) however it is an automatic and has >220,000. It runs great but I think I’m going to put a manual transmission in and do an engine swap (for more power and eventually adding a turbo). Could anyone give me advice on what engine to get (based of price and best quality) as well as any advice on actually swapping them both out. Any advice is very much appreciated thanks everyone.

we cant give you any advice until you tell us what you can or cant do?

1. your skill level
2. your budget
3. your garage and tool capability
4. your dedication level
5. Married or single living with pops...

these are very important factors before you consider a task like this...

1. your skill level-------> if you cant change a lightbulb, dont jump into a swap
2. your budget----------> if you dont have at least 2,000 budgeted, well, start saving
3. your garage and tool capability ---------> you need space and tools, obvious
4. your dedication level ---------> will never finish if you only work 15 min at a time, and not afraid of cold weather
5. Married or single living with pops... ------> self explanatory......

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Feb 11, 2019 - 9:30 AM
+Quote Post
NC_1994_6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 4, '19
From Kameron0898!!
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Feb 9, 2019 - 7:15 AM) *
we cant give you any advice until you tell us what you can or cant do?

1. your skill level
2. your budget
3. your garage and tool capability
4. your dedication level
5. Married or single living with pops...

these are very important factors before you consider a task like this...

1. your skill level-------> if you cant change a lightbulb, dont jump into a swap
2. your budget----------> if you dont have at least 2,000 budgeted, well, start saving
3. your garage and tool capability ---------> you need space and tools, obvious
4. your dedication level ---------> will never finish if you only work 15 min at a time, and not afraid of cold weather
5. Married or single living with pops... ------> self explanatory......

Skill level: beginner but learning quick
Budget: not starting work yet but trying to save up around 3-4g to start off
Garage/tool: don’t have my own but have a friend with his own garage who is gonna help
Dedication: very, been wanting to do this since I got the first Celica, at college now but waiting till this summer so I’ll have time

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 2:30 PM