6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Third times the charm right?, The story of my celicas.
post Sep 27, 2014 - 4:56 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Well I am sure as many of you know, I have been here a while and have had my fair share of celicas. I will only briefly go over my past celicas since they both have build thread(Red GT,

My Celica Journey started in 2007 when my dad told me that he would be giving me his 1994 Toyota celica ST coupe when I turned 16.

Obviously the car really needed some exterior TLC but luckily it was dead reliable so I never had many issues with reliability with it. I owned this car for around 3 years and throughout the years it went though a few different looks. All the work on ALL of my cars was done by myself, the only think any of my cars have been into the shop for are wheel alignments and smogs. The first look was just a clean shaved look with SS-III fronts and OEM sides(All paint and bodywork done by yours truly):

At the MOTY meet 2010:

A few months after MOTY I decided I wanted a bit more of an aggressive look so I went c-one front with a TRD wing:

Ran out of paint for the TRD so I just made due with the c-one front(shaved a bit as well)

6 months later I was given a ride in a guys 500whp MKIV supra and the thirst for HP began. I found some cheap MKIII supras so I sold my grey celica and built an MKIII supra:

Now being only 19 I had no money so a lot of corners were cut with the MKIII, and it was unreliable(compared to my old celica). Now this car put down around 300whp, so it was fast, but just starting college I needed something reliable, so I started to search for a GT celica. A few months went by and I found exactly what I was looking for, a 1994 GT 5 speed hatchback. I promptly pulled the trigger on it and sold the supra for about 3x the price of what I had bought it for(Because I swapped the engine from a parts car). The red car was in an accident right before I bought it, so I had to go through another celica rebuild.

Then started the moding:

After about 6 months of driving this gorgeous red car around, the HP thirst got the better of me, and I pulled the trigger on a sc400 after selling my red car(Still kick myself for selling that car)
<a href="http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/Ask92/media/Build%20Thread/2012-09-28184040_zps51de9821.jpg.html" target="_blank">
I had the SC400 for about 2 months, but realized I really disliked the boaty feel of the SC(Although that 1uz was freakin sweet). I then, for the 2nd time started looking for ANOTHER celica. Luckily (for me, not him) a friend of mine had recently been in a wreck in his celica and was looking to sell it. He gave me a price on the car I could not refuse so I sold the SC and bought my 3rd(and current) celica.

Now, onto the current car. This car, like the last 2, was going to need a serious rebuild to be anything to look at. It came with some interesting styling choices to say the least:

First thing I did when I got home was tear off that damn wing(Which was literally glued on):

Luckily the car came with all kinds of parts so I had a ton of options for the look of the car:

For the first stage I chose to just leave it somewhat stock looking and paint the rims and install the OEM wing:

The next step was to install the C-one front and paint the front black(To match the rims a little better)

Next was coilovers:

Then went wingless with some skirts:

Finally at this point I had moved to a new house with a garage and was ready to finally get the car one color. Being my only car, painting the car myself was a PITA as far as timeframe. I chose to primer the car first to allow me to get the bodywork all worked out:

I drove the car primered for a few months. Now this car is my daily so it sees all kinds of weird ****:

By this point the car was close to done body wise and was sitting on some new rims with some new JDM tails

Next step was some Riser blocks:

At Toyotafest with Maskedman:

Finally fixed the stupid gap between the GT4 hood and st204 c-one:

Slowly built the interior up as well:

Finally I found enough time to get the car painted:

Now onto the reason I started this thread. The white celica is finally to a place where I can show it off. Still a bunch of **** I need to fix but it works for a daily, for now.

The next question is do I take the car to the next level, or do I sell it and buy another celica in 2019 wink.gif.

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Feb 2, 2016 - 3:00 PM
post Sep 27, 2014 - 6:44 PM
+Quote Post
kevin311

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 23, '12
From North Carolina
Currently Offline

Seeing as this is your third 6gc, why not go all out?! You'll wish you hadn't sold it a few months down the road anyway. With that much time and effort invested, keep going. Get a beater for DD'ing and hook her up. I'm wanting to repaint mine back super white this fall, these cars look amazing in white. Nice job on the paint btw. What have you got in mind for the "next level"?
post Sep 27, 2014 - 10:19 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

When the hp bug bites and it will. Just fight back with a 3sgte. Done and done. Lol

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Sep 27, 2014 - 11:04 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Kept it a secret! Like the end product. Put a 1mz and call it a day...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Sep 27, 2014 - 11:58 PM
+Quote Post
Batman722

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '04
From Newport, RI
Currently Offline

Congrats.

Looks much better with the front fixed and one color.

Since you can't get rid of the lip on that bumper, put the skirts on.

--------------------
post Sep 28, 2014 - 2:31 AM
+Quote Post
Noahwhite2014

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 1, '14
From Hawaii
Currently Offline

I love how the car looks in white. I was thinking of doing so myself, But i already settled on Gloss Black as you can't really go wrong with that either wink.gif

Honestly ill probably be plastidipping mine pearl white in the future!

Don't sell it.

Put some side skirts on it biggrin.gif
post Sep 28, 2014 - 12:29 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

QUOTE (kevin311 @ Sep 27, 2014 - 4:44 PM) *
Seeing as this is your third 6gc, why not go all out?! You'll wish you hadn't sold it a few months down the road anyway. With that much time and effort invested, keep going. Get a beater for DD'ing and hook her up. I'm wanting to repaint mine back super white this fall, these cars look amazing in white. Nice job on the paint btw. What have you got in mind for the "next level"?

The next level would be to put the rest of my exterior parts on, and to boost the car.

QUOTE (cheela @ Sep 27, 2014 - 8:19 PM) *
When the hp bug bites and it will. Just fight back with a 3sgte. Done and done. Lol

Well at this point I have a large amount of disposable income, and a second empty garage spot in my new house wink.gif. So the sky is the limit now.

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Sep 27, 2014 - 9:04 PM) *
Kept it a secret! Like the end product. Put a 1mz and call it a day...

Yea I didn't feel like putting a thread together until it was sort of done haha. I thought of the 1mz, but when its all said and done the 1mz is not much cheaper than a 3s, and I love me some boost wink.gif. Thanks Berto.

QUOTE (Batman722 @ Sep 27, 2014 - 9:58 PM) *
Congrats.

Looks much better with the front fixed and one color.

Since you can't get rid of the lip on that bumper, put the skirts on.

I actually really dislike this front bumper, but I am living with it. I have a set of 404s I may paint when I paint the TRD wing and throw it all on and see what comes out. Thanks Dustin.

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Sep 28, 2014 - 12:30 PM
post Sep 28, 2014 - 1:50 PM
+Quote Post
HectortheRican

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '09
From Albuquerque, NM
Currently Offline

You are an extremely quick worker, my friend. Your current Celi looks like a dream!

--------------------
taking too long to mod since '09
June '12 COTM
'95 AT200
post Oct 1, 2014 - 11:22 AM
+Quote Post
Syaoran

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 4, '12
From US
Currently Offline

Why do you dislike it? I really like it lol.

--------------------
1993 Celica GT Coupe - sold
1994 Celica GT Liftback
post Feb 2, 2016 - 2:49 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Well I figure after a year and a half I should update this thread. Lots has changed in the last year including some promotions at work that have allowed me to move into a bigger house with a bigger garage, as well as add some more cars to the collection.

I have first off gotten back into the supra world and picked up a clean title 1991 turbo targa MKIII supra:

I continued to daily drive the celica however now that I have disposable income I can finally build a MKIII to what I want:

Eventually I needed some new tires for the celica and decided I wanted to get rid of the ridiculous spacers I had on the celica(35mm rear, 25mm front). I ended up picking up 4 17x9 gunmetal Work Kai replica wheels and got some new tires for those, so no more spacers!

At this point I was getting tired of daily driving the celica and wanted to get something that was a comfortable daily driver, but yet fast enough to still put a smile on my face when the time was right. And thus, a 2007 BMW 335i was welcomed to the family:

As one would guess the celica has been getting seriously neglected lately and it sits most of the time undriven. I of course have thought about selling it multiple times, but every time I get to drive the car, after driving the 335i and supra for weeks, the celica has a unique feel to it that I absolutely love. In the coming year(After the 2jz goes in the supra) the celica will go down for a complete powertrain and exterior makeover. All I will say is I plan to build the car into a purpose built track car(circuit and drag) that I can drive to and from the track with and bash on mercilessly when I do.

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Feb 2, 2016 - 3:07 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 2:46 PM