> 1994 st build
post Apr 22, 2016 - 12:20 PM
+Quote Post
6gentrd

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 29, '15
From Hardword11
Currently Offline

hey guys my names David picked up a celica two months ago and have been restoring it in my back yard lol its a 1994 6gen st i bought the celica for 3 hundred but it needs some work the front bumper was a vader bumper that wasn't in the greatest shape all cracked and the fenders were drilled in with screws to hold the bumper the fender the same thing so i basically had to get anew front end and skirts
the interior was put all dissembled so yeah had a lot of work cut out for me but got lucky that my brother had a celica before so hes been helping me out put it together its coming along nicely plans for the car gt four conversion its going to be my daily car but then i want to also be able to do some auto x with it as well probably gonna turbo in the future because i know a swap into a st is pretty hard and expensive and im still in college and on a buget
post Apr 22, 2016 - 1:56 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Will have to get some pictures up when you can. They're nice handling cars with some aftermarket suspension bits and good tires. There are a few members here that autocross their Celica and could point you in the right direction.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 24, 2016 - 5:18 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Two words stand out...

Colllege..... Budget....

Enjoy your st engine.

Swap or turbo is not for a budget person. Seriously

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Apr 24, 2016 - 6:36 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Apr 24, 2016 - 5:18 PM) *
Two words stand out...

Colllege..... Budget....

Enjoy your st engine.

man speaks the truth

This post has been edited by enderswift: Apr 24, 2016 - 6:36 PM

--------------------
post Apr 25, 2016 - 7:43 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Apr 24, 2016 - 5:18 PM) *
Two words stand out...

Colllege..... Budget....

Enjoy your st engine.

I will have to agree as well.
and I STILL have my ST engine. I do quite enjoy it now that i've got most of the suspension redone.

I will always suggest that you start out with upgrading the suspension (springs/struts or coilovers, endlinks, sway bars, strut bars, brakes, rims etc.) makes the car alot more fun to drive and enjoy.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Apr 25, 2016 - 9:51 AM
+Quote Post
6gentrd

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 29, '15
From Hardword11
Currently Offline

no yeah i get what your saying but i mean in the future a swap or turbo

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Apr 24, 2016 - 6:18 PM) *
Two words stand out...

Colllege..... Budget....

Enjoy your st engine.

post Apr 25, 2016 - 11:07 AM
+Quote Post
6gentrd

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 29, '15
From Hardword11
Currently Offline

Well here arm some pictures from when i got it http://imgur.com/JFoBhDH
wheni bought the car it came with the vader front i was looking on what to do i was going to do a ss3 front but i went on craigslist and saw someone selling a complete gt four front end wing and skirts i lost on on the skirt and wing because i didnt have enough money and he sold them before i went to pick up the front end when i got there he told me he had bought pipes old car and ended up parting it but he had a sick st185 parked infront that he was swapping the 3sgte into then i bought a set of 7 gen rims that im refurbishing for 70 dollars come along good then i went and bought the wing off tiga woods and trd side skirts off Garin a pretty far drive but it was worth it now i just need rising blocks i need to flush al the fluids out because my rad fluid is a brown orange and the reservoir looks even worst valve cover gasket,spark plugs, spark plug wires new brakes and i have to change my trans because it grinds second and third was thinking about rebuilding it but too time consuming and pretty pricey and my interior when i got it was all ripped out and in the car but all in the back and my brother helped me put it all back together missing the shifter trim and where the radio goes alot still left to go want to finsh by the end of may
post Apr 25, 2016 - 2:16 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

As far as the transmission goes I'd make sure the clutch is fully disengaging first and if that checks out you can try draining the trans and filling it with SynchroMesh, more often than not it helps and some say it got rid of any and all grinding. Just depends on how much damage has been done and how responsible the current oil is for the issue.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 26, 2016 - 11:06 PM
+Quote Post
6gentrd

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 29, '15
From Hardword11
Currently Offline

Yeah it does engage so ill try out what you said probably going to replace the clutch still
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 25, 2016 - 2:16 PM) *
As far as the transmission goes I'd make sure the clutch is fully disengaging first and if that checks out you can try draining the trans and filling it with SynchroMesh, more often than not it helps and some say it got rid of any and all grinding. Just depends on how much damage has been done and how responsible the current oil is for the issue.

post May 2, 2016 - 12:31 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (6gentrd @ Apr 25, 2016 - 9:51 AM) *

Two words stand out...

Colllege..... Budget....

Enjoy your st engine.

Did not mean to sound like an ass. Any swap is 3k or above. Ive seen too many owners simply trading to other high performance cars simply for this. Putting 3k on a 1k car is not practical for everyone but a few. Hence my comment.

Tining mk6 celica is not cheap either.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 4, 2016 - 1:30 PM
+Quote Post
6gentrd

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 29, '15
From Hardword11
Currently Offline

no its cool man i understood what you said i didnt take it in a bad way and yeah i saw the prices for beams and 3sgte crazy just mad i have a st and theres not alot of aftermarket parts or bolts on i can do with this

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ May 2, 2016 - 1:31 PM) *
QUOTE (6gentrd @ Apr 25, 2016 - 9:51 AM) *

Two words stand out...

Colllege..... Budget....

Enjoy your st engine.

Did not mean to sound like an ass. Any swap is 3k or above. Ive seen too many owners simply trading to other high performance cars simply for this. Putting 3k on a 1k car is not practical for everyone but a few. Hence my comment.

Tining mk6 celica is not cheap either.

post May 4, 2016 - 1:42 PM
+Quote Post
6gentrd

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 29, '15
From Hardword11
Currently Offline

a few pictures of the gt four front i got
post Jun 1, 2016 - 6:15 PM
+Quote Post
RedSunCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 29, '02
From San Diego CA
Currently Offline

any updates on this?

having a Celica ST I can honestly say springs and shocks from a convertible with sticky tires and a 6 puck unsprung clutch was very fun in the AUTO X world.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:09 PM