> Traded in My Celica: Bitter/Sweat experience, 2006 Nissan350Z Roadster Mint
post May 11, 2018 - 10:06 AM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

Hello All: It was a difficult decision but the 2006 350Z Roadster w/ 6 speed Low miles mint condition and correct price was too big to pass. I want to thank all of you for all the advise and help you offered me over the past several years. I will post some parts i took off that I will be offering in the For Sale Section.

Special thanks to Box, njccmd2002, richee3, cheela, and malpaso for their tremendous support and help. Forgive me if I have forgotten other names.

msk59

This post has been edited by msk59: May 11, 2018 - 10:14 AM
post May 11, 2018 - 1:34 PM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

Did you trade it in or sell it? Trading old cars in is usually a waste of time. In the end, they'll offer you a pack of gum and a bottle cap for your old Celica. Haha!

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post May 11, 2018 - 1:52 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Glad I could be of help over the years. Should make a post of the Z in the off topic section once you get the chance.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 11, 2018 - 2:07 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Pictures of the Z? Should be a fun car for you!

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post May 11, 2018 - 6:15 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

I got $2200 out of the car. I wanted 2500. (Lessons learned: Never taking my wife again car shopping) I could have gotten 2500 out of my car but I managed to offer lower and got where I wanted. Celica had no problems and was very reliable. I had plans to offer it here but this car popped up on the dealer and after test driving it, I had to have it. I wanted manual transmission and convertible

I will post some pictures of the Z in the off topic section. I am the third owner and the two folks who owned me were older guys and the reason for second one selling it because getting in and out become difficult. and believe me it is difficult. There is a certain way you have to get in and out LOL. Very low miles for the year. Pearl color still looks like new and I have not polished it yet. Its a Touring edition with Bose system (which in my opinion is crap).

The car is a blast to drive. So much power and pulls nicely. I am going to treat it gently for now.

This post has been edited by msk59: May 11, 2018 - 6:17 PM
post May 11, 2018 - 7:01 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

You think the Blows- I mean, Bose sound system is bad, you should hear the standard sound system. There’s no volume at which it doesn’t rattle and crack like blown speakers. I truly cannot believe that anyone let them leave the factory that way.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post May 11, 2018 - 7:27 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

This one the CD changer is not working with barely any use . it does not read the CD and tells me to check disk. So gradually I will put an aftermarket system with Nav and backup camera. there is a module that you can still use Bose amp. I don't know where Bose manufactures its stuff but it is not good quality at all. the soldering is done by kids in swet shop in china. I was watching some You Tube video on this car's Bose subwoofer and the soldering is so bad that the relay gets loose . that is bad.

Nissan does have quality issues on its several models since it was taken over by Reno in the early 2000. Here they learn how to fight it and get away by issuing a TSB instead of a recall.
post May 11, 2018 - 8:40 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Easiest way to get in and out for a low slung car varies from person to person, but most find it easier to turn their backside towards the passenger side and then sit down like your sitting on a bench or chair then pivot yourself self on the seat as you pull your legs in. Then getting out is the reverse, swing your legs out and pivot yourself until your backside is towards the passenger side and then step up out of the car. Which I'm short so it's actually easier for me to step in and drop my body at the same time as I get in, but then I get out like aforementioned.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 11, 2018 - 8:45 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

Thanks, that is the only way i can get in and out.
post May 11, 2018 - 8:47 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

While I'm thinking about it, since it's low miles go preventative on the oil consumption by doing a catch can since most say that helps a lot even on ones that burn heavily.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 11, 2018 - 9:10 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

Catch can: is this where you add a bottle to the PCV side to catch the oil from re-entering the engine?
post May 12, 2018 - 1:51 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Yup, between the PCV valve and intake.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 12, 2018 - 6:26 AM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

OK I looked up on the My350z forum and there is a huge debate about it, I found a company that makes a custom one for Zs. Thanks Box.
post May 12, 2018 - 8:14 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

Glad I was mentioned. Lol hope I helped as much as you say I did. Post some pics of the Z.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post May 13, 2018 - 10:56 AM
+Quote Post
block

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '06
From Soda
Currently Offline

350Z's are good looking cars. I was going to buy one in 2013 before I got my FRS but it just wasn't for me. Quick car but it felt heavy and steering wasn't there for me. Post up some pics when you get the chance!

--------------------
post May 13, 2018 - 12:23 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

glad you are happy.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 13, 2018 - 7:24 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

I have not posted pictures in a while. Photo bucket is out so what is the new procedure.

nj; The car has very low miles and it still smells new. Its a convertible and 6 speed manual transmission. I was actually looking for Honda S2000. And the funny part is the day I bought this one, there is one low miles 2007 for around 13K at the local dealer here in Tulsa.

block: Mine is 2006, 2007 and 2008 are the best models in 350 class. I liked the car so far. Only driven it 107 miles that includes driving it home. Just going over the manual and looking at the my350z forums for dos and don't s. On mod I will do is the front vertical reflectors will be replaced by DRLs with turn signals and the Radio. The Bose units is finicky.

Box: I looked at various ones and picked on up which I will order next week. I am finishing up my Frontier project. installing new speakers in my truck. the space is not there but I will figured it out.

Cheela: You gave me some tips on the exhaust manifold which I followed and i think there were some other questions you answered. thank you.

This post has been edited by msk59: May 13, 2018 - 7:29 PM
post May 13, 2018 - 8:02 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I started using Flickr.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 13, 2018 - 8:16 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

Flickr account created now what to do. post the link? or something else?

This post has been edited by msk59: May 13, 2018 - 8:17 PM
post May 13, 2018 - 8:51 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Go to the share arrow, then click on the BBCode tab, then take the link between the image brackets as well as the brackets, then copy and paste.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:03 PM