> Accelerator pedal won't press down on start-up
post Apr 8, 2020 - 3:19 AM
+Quote Post
MSKapcala

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 29, '18
From Jersey
Currently Offline

So I have this weird issue, where occasionally, I start the car, let it warm up and get ready to drive and the accelerator pedal won't push down. I'm shifted into gear, but the pedal won't de-press. It's like it's stuck or something is under it (obviously it isn't). Only way it seems to rectify (and I'm not sure it helps), is if I open the engine and manually open the throttle body while in neutral a couple of times. Then if I keep playing with the pedal it finally gives presses and works fine.

Anyone else ever experience this? I have no idea what it could be. I also have a new accelerator cable. I feel like it happens a lot, if before I last turned off the car, I reversed (like into a parking a spot) and then shut off the car.

I also thought maybe the throttle body was getting stuck, like a vapor lock or something? Like pressure built up in the throttle body or something. It's weird. It happened yesterday so I got under the dash and looked at the pedal and where the cable connects... Nothing obstructing or anything like that. I have no idea...

Start new topic
Replies
post Apr 9, 2020 - 4:25 PM
+Quote Post
MSKapcala

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 29, '18
From Jersey
Currently Offline

Thanks. The cable is new and i've cleaned the throttle body a couple of times, but maybe there was a lot of junk built up...

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 9:26 AM