post May 13, 2017 - 1:37 AM
+Quote Post
STom205

Enthusiast

Joined May 12, '17
From Japan
Currently Offline

Hi all,

First post here, so I apologize in advance if anything is amiss.

So, I just picked up my "new" ST205. I got through auction, I brought it blind other than some dodgy photos and info on the auction sheet. It's my first Celica, and the first car I've owned that will potentially be a major project car and not a daily driver. I have a rally track five minutes down the road, so am hoping to get some time in it down there.

It's a 1996 St205 with a bit under 100k miles on the clock (150,000km). I'm still waiting on the paper work, but seems there was only one owner prior to me. I was pretty shocked at the state of it when I picked it up, as the auction sheet listed the condition pretty highly, and straight away I can see that it needs a full paint job at the minimum. Looks like it's been stood for a long time, both exterior and interior pretty filthy. However it starts without issue, and sounds sweet. Seems pretty stock other than what looks like a turbo timer, later wheels, and I can't place the spoiler.

After picking it up I drove it back for about an hour and a half (mainly highway). The only issues I can see are the alignment of the steering wheel, and the brakes seem a little spongy. Other than that seems ok so far.

I've little experience with mechanics, so not much idea on the steering wheel and brakes, (guessing brakes could just need bleeding) but if any of you can suggest a good check list to work through it would be appreciated. I've got it booked in for testing on Monday, so hopefully will get it through that without any major issue, but will at least know what I'm dealing with after the tests.

I'll get some photo's up as soon as I can work out how to on this forum.

Start new topic
Replies
post May 23, 2017 - 2:34 AM
+Quote Post
STom205

Enthusiast

Joined May 12, '17
From Japan
Currently Offline

Makes sense on the spoiler, I thought it seemed stock, but haven't seen any others, so couldn't place it.

So, I need to get my toe sorted then smile.gif

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 6:51 AM