> SoCal Here I come...., in August
post Apr 14, 2008 - 11:16 PM
+Quote Post
BlackCelicaGT94

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '03
From Kirkland, Washington
Currently Offline

So I am going down to Anaheim/LA at the end of August and am putting together a list of things to while im down there. If you are from the area or have been to SoCal please feel free to give me input on things to do while im down there.

Thanks.

1. Find Laguna Beach high School - i know that sounds dumb but its the one place my friend and I didnt find in LB when we went down 2 years ago.
2. Hollywood Walk of Fame
3. Hunt down Rob Dyrdek. :-)
4. Graumans Chinese Theatre
5. Go to a taping of a TV show - Jay leno?
6. Eat at In&Out

--------------------
Cruisin down the street in my Infiniti...always lookin for my next trip to Sin City
post Apr 14, 2008 - 11:52 PM
+Quote Post
MaskedMan

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 29, '03
From 캘리포니아
Currently Offline

In&out is some pretty good stuff. Hmm while you're in Hollywood, you should go eat at Pink's hotdog stand or w/e. I have never been there, but according to a few people I know, it's the best place to get a burger/hotdog/sandwhich. So what's the main reason for visit? Or are you just coming down here to complete the 6 things listed? I have been here for 3 years and have done nothing on that list besides eat at In&out haha.

--------------------

post Apr 14, 2008 - 11:54 PM
+Quote Post
BlackCelicaGT94

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '03
Currently Offline

well if i had it my way id be in SoCal atleast twice a year. Unfortunetly since I dont have friends who live there and a couch to crash on it, its too pricey to go down that often. My friend and I went down 2 years ago for a drifting event and now were just going back to have fun. Shes going ot do a half marathon at Disneyland and I may do the 5k. The main reason for going down is to get away! :-)

--------------------
Cruisin down the street in my Infiniti...always lookin for my next trip to Sin City
post Apr 14, 2008 - 11:59 PM
+Quote Post
CelicaST_CALI

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 28, '07
Currently Offline

i was just in ahiem,go to disneyland,or CA adventure,or both,then go to Hollywood studios.it was 95 degrees yesterday .UHH lol

--------------------
BANNED. for life, you moron.
post Apr 15, 2008 - 12:04 AM
+Quote Post
airfron

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '05
From Southern California
Currently Offline

the price is right is a tv show that is easy to go to a taping of. maybe you can get into a boxing match with drew carey and tell him that the price is wrong b****

how long will your stay be?

--------------------
post Apr 15, 2008 - 12:09 AM
+Quote Post
BlackCelicaGT94

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '03
Currently Offline

I believe 5 days..over labor day weekend.

--------------------
post Apr 15, 2008 - 1:23 AM
+Quote Post
xs94st

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '07
From Corona, CA
Currently Offline

woot woot smile.gif go to disneyland/dtown disney/dinner and all that good stuffs. who are you coming with? or are you meetin up with peoples down here? smile.gif

hmm..i'll post stuff up to do as i think of em cuz everything in socal is pretty regular as i live here lol

--------------------

Pandelica 2.0 in progress.
post Apr 15, 2008 - 1:27 AM
+Quote Post
Chanh55

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 29, '03
Currently Offline

You coming down with Amy?
post Apr 15, 2008 - 2:07 AM
+Quote Post
CelicaST_CALI

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 28, '07
Currently Offline

dtown disney was stupid,the rain forest cafe was bomb,stupid ass monkey scared the **** outa me lol

--------------------
BANNED. for life, you moron.
post Apr 15, 2008 - 7:10 AM
+Quote Post
BlackCelicaGT94

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '03
Currently Offline

Im coming down with my friend Adrienne. Shes posted on here before. I believe her name is IntegraChick95?? something like that.

--------------------
post Apr 15, 2008 - 11:32 AM
+Quote Post
xs94st

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '07
From Corona, CA
Currently Offline

maybeeee-the beach? hang out at santa monica pier/promenade and eat and chill maybe go to venice beach to eat and chill lol go to san diego! that place is chill as hell as well. they got the sd zoo as well as wild animal park which is pretty awesome. uh......knotts berry farm is realtively cheap and pretty cool to go to lol. i duno what else we got out here..

--------------------

post Apr 15, 2008 - 12:14 PM
+Quote Post
Random_Stranger

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 20, '07
From Bakersfield, CA
Currently Offline

I dunno if you all got a six flags up there, but um........ there is one on the way out there to Southern Cali. I haven't been to Los Angeles or that area in a long time, and I am only an hour and a half away. Haven't been going there since we stopped going to Spundae in West Hollywood.

--------------------
91 MR2 Turbo SW20, 92 MR2 Turbo SW20, 95 Celica GT ST204
post Apr 15, 2008 - 12:29 PM
+Quote Post
BlackCelicaGT94

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '03
Currently Offline

good ideas. i dont wanna spend too much money on amusement parks though. I really would love to do six flags though.

maybe you guys could put together a celica meet. :-) Im going to try rent a convertible while im down there. We will see though!

--------------------
post Apr 15, 2008 - 2:46 PM
+Quote Post
MaskedMan

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 29, '03
From 캘리포니아
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Random_Stranger @ Apr 15, 2008 - 10:14 AM) [snapback]664814[/snapback]
I dunno if you all got a six flags up there, but um........ there is one on the way out there to Southern Cali. I haven't been to Los Angeles or that area in a long time, and I am only an hour and a half away. Haven't been going there since we stopped going to Spundae in West Hollywood.
QUOTE(BlackCelicaGT94 @ Apr 15, 2008 - 10:29 AM) [snapback]664820[/snapback]
good ideas. i dont wanna spend too much money on amusement parks though. I really would love to do six flags though.

maybe you guys could put together a celica meet. :-) Im going to try rent a convertible while im down there. We will see though!

The only bad part about six flags is that it closes at 6pm now frown.gif. We'll get a speedzone celica meet put together or something when you're down here. And high five for convertibles smile.gif.

--------------------

post Apr 15, 2008 - 3:38 PM
+Quote Post
fastgt

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 13, '03
From California
Currently Offline

meh...socal is old news...lol....hollywood is really a waste of time....its not its all cracked up to be....

id say hit up the beaches...the canyons(malibu)....the dining LA area
k1(karting)

i have a couch....dunno how comfy it is tho...lol

--------------------
2011 Spice Orange Mini Cooper
2011 Alpine White BMW E92 M3

gone but not forgotten
2008 Space Grey BMW Z4 ///M
2009 Black Honda Civic LX Coupe
2006 Magnetic Black Nissan 350Z
2007 Crimson Red BMW 335i Coupe
post Apr 15, 2008 - 3:39 PM
+Quote Post
BlackCelicaGT94

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '03
Currently Offline

SoCal old news? no way! i love it down there. id move there ina heartbeat if i could afford it.

--------------------
post Apr 15, 2008 - 7:03 PM
+Quote Post
xs94st

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '07
From Corona, CA
Currently Offline

i'm not a fan of hollyhood cuz i'm not really loaded lol.

six flags would be tite smile.gif you should go cuz its always fun!

we should throw a meet, twould be awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Apr 15, 2008 - 8:03 PM
+Quote Post
MaskedMan

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 29, '03
From 캘리포니아
Currently Offline

QUOTE(xs94st @ Apr 15, 2008 - 5:03 PM) [snapback]664949[/snapback]
i'm not a fan of hollyhood cuz i'm not really loaded lol.

six flags would be tite smile.gif you should go cuz its always fun!

we should throw a meet, twould be awesome biggrin.gif

I will have to leave organizing the meet up to you guys, since I will not longer be living in SoCal at that time. I suppose I could always come back down since we are getting out of state visitors smile.gif.

So how are the living exspenses up in Washington like?

--------------------

post Apr 15, 2008 - 9:56 PM
+Quote Post
forkee

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 13, '02
From So Cal
Currently Offline

eh...they are right. when you've lived here your whole life, you get over the glamorous stuff quick. everything is literally less than an hour away.

if youre heading to hollywood, i suggest parking at the hollywood and highland shopping center. you can walk along the walk of the stars, its literally right next to the chinese theatre, across from the el capitan, even the pantages is right there. u can see wicked, its a really good musical. u can also get a good view of the hollywood sign from a walkway in the shopping center. they have Vert, a restaurant run by wolfgang puck, or you can eat at California Pizza Kitchen.

Theres also lots of window shopping in Rodeo Drive and Third Street Promenade.

--------------------
post Apr 15, 2008 - 10:27 PM
+Quote Post
BlackCelicaGT94

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '03
Currently Offline

Thanks for all the help guys!!!

We have CPK up here so ill pass on that. :-) Yeah i see where you are coming from that when you live somewhere for so long that its not really anything special. I mainly love Socal because of the weather, beaches, pretty people and palm trees. :-)

Washington living expenses are cheap but better than SoCal

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:39 AM