> Project Red Dragon, from DD to ...
post Oct 13, 2014 - 11:21 AM
+Quote Post
sandusky1977

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 3, '10
From Lansing, MI
Currently Offline

So,. I'm knee deep in wiring, as I turn an auto 95 ST into a manual 99 GT V6,. and over the weekend I went to my brothers to check on my "Winter Car", well it needs a few things.

So, next weekend, the 94 gets

1) New Radiator, it was sold with another project,
2) New battery,
3) New oil pan and intake gaskets, new fluids, and a serious cleaning,
4) Swap passengers fender and door, they were previously smashed,.
5) New clutch kit,. something about a clutch with 240k miles on it makes it not so good
6) I'm also thinking it needs the headers, and catless exhaust installed that are just sitting in the garage
7) Rear hatch supports,
8) Rear cargo shelf
9) New passenger side high beam headlight

It's more of a list of what I need to remember to do than an update for the masses.

post Oct 13, 2014 - 11:29 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Okay.... I officially give up on keeping track of your cars and plans for them tongue.gif

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!
post Oct 13, 2014 - 12:54 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

way to many

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Oct 13, 2014 - 1:16 PM
+Quote Post
sandusky1977

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 3, '10
From Lansing, MI
Currently Offline

It's simple, I change my mind all the time, and have been collecting the parts for a V6 swap,. now that I have all my parts, I've chosen the following

1) I have a 99 GT that is Black. that I drive daily, bone stock and staying this way at least until next year.
2) I have a 94 GT that is Red that I constantly change my mind on what to do with it, for now I'm getting it ready for winter driving.
3) I have a 95 ST that is going to get a auto to manual conversion, along with a V6 Swap the wiring is underway
4) I have a 99 GT in the weeds that only has glass left, not a lot of plans for this one it's totalled and going to the scrap yard at some point
5) I have an 87 Supra Turbo project, if I ever get done with my Celica projects I need to finish rebuilding the engine and install it

Curently, I'm working on the haness for the 95, however, next weekend I'm also working on making the 94 road worthy as it's been sitting for almost a year, and probably parking the 99 for winter, I want my daily driver (the 99) to stay nice, and the 94 is already at 240k miles, so if something bad happens in the snow, I still have a nice 99 for back and forth to work,. I drive 135 miles roundtrip everyday in Michigan so a lot of opportunities for stupid people to screw up your day.

Now, if I could quite my actual job, and just work on my projects, I could probably get something done..
post Jun 11, 2015 - 9:39 AM
+Quote Post
sandusky1977

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 3, '10
From Lansing, MI
Currently Offline

Just an update before I start a new thread,....

1) I have a 99 GT that is Black [Next V6 Swap]
2) I have a 94 GT that is Red [Getting Updated with 99 Motor]
3) I have a 95 ST [Motor Pulled Swap in Progress]
4) I have a 99 GT [Getting Scrapped]
5) I have an 87 Supra Turbo project [Motor being built]

So with a 10 day vacation coming up, it's time to start the new thread for "the White"
post Jun 28, 2015 - 5:01 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Reminds me of the crazy cat lady from down the street....

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Jun 29, 2015 - 8:39 AM
+Quote Post
sandusky1977

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 3, '10
From Lansing, MI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Jun 28, 2015 - 6:01 PM) *
Reminds me of the crazy cat lady from down the street....

Hey,. the crazy Toyota guy down the street is way cooler than the crazy cat lady,... and I added a wonderful new toy over the weekend. Saturday a guy dropped off my 87 Toyota pickup, so cool with it's little 22r and 7' bed.
post Mar 26, 2018 - 9:28 AM
+Quote Post
sandusky1977

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 3, '10
From Lansing, MI
Currently Offline

From Project Red Dragon, to the Red Devil.

Last year, I let my nephew borrow my 99 GT Liftback, after his Solara went to hell. Well, after a few months, he had found a car, I say that loosely as he picked up a used KIA. Well fast forward, a year or so later, he's had a dead KIA with a blown head gasket for around 4 months. Well, I decided I would find him a car, so after scouring the internet, and looking at a dozen or so, I hadn't found anything as clean as the 94 that I parked four years ago when I picked up my 99. So, we went about pulling it out of the field.

We got it pulled up so we could start cleaning it out and checking the state of things. Still has a dab of oil, so new battery, and we turn the key to hear it fire right up.

From there, we got to work. I parked it because it needed a clutch, AC, and with 240k miles I wanted something with a few fewer for my then 160 mile daily commute. Now, after sitting for four years it needed a few more things.

Transmission pulled

Flywheel has been resurfaced, I forgot to get a pic, but it's beautiful. Door and fender were swapped, someone clipped me a few years ago.

While the trans was out and the car was in the air, we noticed that most of the hard lines were just garbage. So, back to my personal parts store,...

That car lives on in my 94 GT, soon my 95 ST 3SGTE, my 96, another 96 that I sold, plus my 99,. so I've gotten my moneys worth out of it!
post Mar 26, 2018 - 10:21 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

I wish I had a field to throw random extra cars into...

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Mar 27, 2018 - 9:09 AM
+Quote Post
sandusky1977

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 3, '10
From Lansing, MI
Currently Offline

It just creates a problem when you have a field,...

87 Supra Turbo Project, 88 Celica Alltrac Project, 00 Camry V6 Manual for another project

99 4Runner, was a donor truck for a 4x4 swap on my 98

post Mar 28, 2018 - 2:50 PM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
From wild 100's, South Chicago
Currently Offline

ahhh. that 88 all trac.Thats the one you have to get running.
post Mar 29, 2018 - 2:17 PM
+Quote Post
sandusky1977

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 3, '10
From Lansing, MI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Mar 28, 2018 - 2:50 PM) *
ahhh. that 88 all trac.Thats the one you have to get running.

The Alltrac runs like a beast, 18lbs of boost. It needs bodywork is what it needs. The other side is smashed.
post Apr 3, 2018 - 8:36 AM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

We gotta find a great donor car or at least a nice quarter panel!!! Boost and alltrac is a great combination that needs to be unleashed already

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:01 AM