> TSZ Beams, The daily car
post Jan 22, 2022 - 3:35 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Yes indeed, I ended up with another Celica. A project car yes, but one that's pretty well done already.
At least one to be a year-round daily (yes... even in the winter salt snow).

It's funny to be buying cars from old celica veterans here. First it was Colin's V6; now it's Kurt's Beams.
To be honest after selling my FR-S I was not looking to get another celica. But this deal was too good to pass.
Thanks to my brother who moved on from celica's to off-road for coming with me and spending 2021 July 4th weekend to get the car from Ohio.

Car has about... 85k on the chassis and 65k on the beams motor as of right now? Low mileage overall, and pretty clean.
Chips and small dents here and there; but I didn't care so much cause overall it was still very good.
Plus it came w/ some interior and exterior goodies so I couldn't complain. Given the pandemic prices this was very nice deal.

Knowing that the car hasn't been driven in a long while, I decided to get a dolly just in case (good thing in the end).

Things were going swell until we hit the Dells (4 hours from home) around 10 PM and then one of the trailer tires ripped on us.
A long night trying to get to Walmart with their long lines and having to take the front bumper off lead us too tired to make it home.

Nonetheless we made it home safely. The car was bogging a bit and at first we though it was just clogged injectors or old gas.
But after while it got worst and so I ended up replacing the fuel filter. BROKE my gas line along the way so repaired that real quick.
However we found out later it was actually a valve cover gasket leak. Shout out to Mike Thoma though for offering his ignition coil cause I thought it was that.
Quick online order from battlegarage and visit to the junkyard for an ignition boot (thanks Pruis) and things were good again!

The exhaust was definitely too loud though for my taste, and sat rather low. I wanted something similar to the SP2 so I ended up going with Ken's suggestion.
Magnaflow 14829 muffler, 2.25" catback with OEM cat, and then a Summit Racing resonator. When I find my testpipe I'll fit that one instead I don't want my cat stolen.

Fixed missing stud up front, still have to install the interior audio and upgrade the lighting overall. Also it came w/ seized ksport coilovers so I'm soaking them in PB blaster as I gave it my old 1" Eibach Springs on KYB/Bilstein shocks. Here it sits with the old 5zigen wheels that I had on the FRS and Celica before.

Annnndddd this is how it sits now now that winter is here. Got some wheels with Artic Snow tires since snow tires make the difference up here in MN.
Future plans currently once it's warm again is to get my audio/lighting figured out and then paint the front spat red.

And here's a video or two on how the car sounds: Beams Celica with Magnaflow and Summit-Racing exhaust

Start new topic
Replies
post Aug 10, 2022 - 2:00 AM
+Quote Post
Deceptik1

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 12, '03
From So Cal
Currently Offline

Car looks good! I always wondered what the 57CRs looked like on our cars since I’ve always wanted them in gun blue. What window visors did you get?
post Aug 18, 2022 - 10:33 AM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Deceptik1 @ Aug 10, 2022 - 2:00 AM) *
Car looks good! I always wondered what the 57CRs looked like on our cars since I’ve always wanted them in gun blue. What window visors did you get?

Lol I almost thought about going Gun Blue as well but given these were for my other Celica that is already Dark Blue I decided Gold was a better all-arounder.

I bought the visors on eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/153862435457) but it was pre-Ukraine war. The seller is from Russia so you may need to find another seller on eBay that sells something similar.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 5:01 AM