> ST204 Modifications
post Oct 12, 2019 - 8:28 PM
+Quote Post
Succbus

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 11, '19
From Rudy4pbc
Currently Offline

So, I just bought a 1998 Toyota Celica GT and I was wondering what kind of engine modifications are out there for the 5sfe. I'm looking to do an engine swap down the line; most likely a 3sge. I've been looking for parts all day but it seems kind of limited for that year. The previous owner told that there were limited options, and I see that now. Just looking for recommendations.
post Oct 13, 2019 - 1:47 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

In regards to the 5SFE, there's not a lot in regards to cost+performance vs a 3SGTE/3SGE. Most people will say for cost+performance+ease the 3SGTE is by far the best. Drops right in, enough aftermarket support, and motor can handle power.
The 3SGE (Beams) is a good N/A, although there's not a lot you can do after since it's pretty much at it's peak. With a bit of work you can try the 1MZ; some more work you can do the 3MZ instead; and with much more work the holy 2GR.

This isn't to say you can make power w/ the 5S; but it's more expensive. You could however if you have the know how, to do the 5SGTE (I think 5S head on 3S block).

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 3:20 AM