6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 195 196 197 198 199 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Apr 16, 2017 - 2:36 PM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

My mothers 4Runner started misfiring yesterday. Threw a code for one coilpack. I replaced that I hoping it would fix it and while it's running better its still got a bit of a mis to it. So now I'll just replace the other two coil packs on it and hopefully that cures the mis.

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Apr 16, 2017 - 2:48 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

It's a good one for a home gamer and light pro use. Used mine mostly for quick code checks, I/M monitor checks, and watching coolant temp while purging air from cooling systems.

--------------------
post Apr 16, 2017 - 8:16 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 16, 2017 - 9:05 AM) *
Those are neat, but this is for work.

Ah ok, that makes more sense then.

Family Easter stuff was today, the highlight like most every family event was talking to my cousin that runs her 335i in autocross. She apparently won the female division by over ten seconds, I've never been more proud of a family member.

This post has been edited by Box: Apr 16, 2017 - 8:17 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 17, 2017 - 2:18 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

This weekend I:
Friday: Went to the Royal Easter Show
Saturday: Replaced Oil and Filter on the Cube
Sunday: Lunch and Dinner at the misses parents house
Monday: Lunch at my grandparents house.

/completely procrastinated on doing maintenance to the Caldina.

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Apr 18, 2017 - 7:02 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Won a header and down pipe that might fit the Mazda for $30.99 free shipping L O L. Only bid was my winning bid snipe.

--------------------
post Apr 18, 2017 - 9:15 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hey that's about what an eBay special header is actually worth since you have to fruck with them in order for them to fit and seal right.

So sitting here trying to find a cutting and polishing pad to buy, was looking at the Chemical Guys and Meguiar's stuff. I figure even despite the clear peel at least the other 95% of the paint is still decent enough and worth doing, if it looks good from 10-20 feet I'll be happy all things considered. Perhaps will end up vinyl wrapping it some day and then problem solved. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 18, 2017 - 9:27 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

My eBay header on the Geo was a perfect fit and had zero issues, but that was a long time ago. This one may or may not be a direct fit, it's for a MX/Probe but it's the same engine and roughly the same exhaust lengths so I'm hoping there's minimal dickery. If there is dicking needed then there's a wiz of a welder down the street who would probably be able to make it work for $50, and I'd be OK with that I think. But I'm hoping it just fits the first time. If it does, then the only original part will be the cat but it's got some mighty crusty flanges, might have to replace it just due to rot not lack of efficiency, though things are stinking more in the mornings than they used to. I'll have to watch the O2 sensors on the scan tool to see how well it's still working.

--------------------
post Apr 18, 2017 - 11:46 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hopefully it does fit, but it seems eBay specials are always hit or miss. Hmm, cat could be clogging up and need cleaned. Might do a manual cleaning with it off the car.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 20, 2017 - 6:45 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Got a look under yesterday, confirmed it is the flex section leaking, flanges don't look as bad as I thought. I hope it fits! I'll slide the mid pipe under the car at home to see if it looks like it's about the right length and if the hangers are in the right places.

Also the fog lights and ballasts got delivered today, going to go grab those from the mail box now.

Well **** me, was testing with an old halogen and it exploded inside one fog. So I'm waiting on a message back about getting a single fog. Looks like pretty good output though! Very wide with little foreground on halogen. The lamp needs better water proofing than the little patches on it however, I'll have to order some real gortex patches to seal them with, these on it are like cloth. Looks like I can make it fit the Celica, I'll find out later when I pull the bumper off.

This post has been edited by Bitter: Apr 20, 2017 - 7:27 PM

--------------------
post Apr 22, 2017 - 4:27 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Did an external wash of the Tiguan which came up awesome:

And finally took it around to my mates shop to get it on the proper OBD reader to figure why the interior lights are dead:

Tried a simple reset of the code and it came back straight away. Only info the scanner provides is 'Check fuses' which has already been done. Time to try and source where the open circuit is >.<

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Apr 22, 2017 - 8:42 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Welcome to german module and wiring purgatory.

Today I'm going to the SRGCC meet, Starved Rock Girly Car Club. :rofl: Bunch of midwest Celica people and Toyota nuts and whomever else meet up at this state park a few times a year for BBQ, bull****, hiking, and dinner. I made gaucamole again this year. The weather is going to be pretty cool, it's about 50F right now and my tires prefer warmer temps. No hooning around!

--------------------
post Apr 22, 2017 - 2:59 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Just do a rolling burnout out to warm them up first.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 22, 2017 - 7:24 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

With an auto.....

Video later of a great time on a twisty road, your axle will cry.

--------------------
post Apr 22, 2017 - 7:37 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I was thinking the Celica was a 6-speed for some reason.

It doesn't cry on twisty roads, it hops, skips, and shimmies which therein lies the problem. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 22, 2017 - 10:23 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Well that was a fun day.

--------------------
post Apr 23, 2017 - 1:10 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I came in expecting a video of twisty roads. That's ok I'm a few axle binds away from getting frustrated enough to sell it and buy something with IRS.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 23, 2017 - 1:48 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Re-checked all the fuses and one of the 20amp that isn't even meant to be for the interior lights was blown. Changed it and lights on.
Re-inserted the LED into the glovebox and popped again. Faulty LED.

--------------------

post Apr 23, 2017 - 5:10 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well at least it was something simple.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 23, 2017 - 9:31 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I need some suggestions on easy to use software (free!) to correct exposure and splice two clips into one and cut some footage off.

--------------------
post Apr 23, 2017 - 4:06 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hmmm isn't there a Windows Movie Maker or something to that effect? If you ever need sound editing software come back to me. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

400 Pages V  « < 195 196 197 198 199 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 8:13 AM