> 2GRFE v6 convertible
post Jan 23, 2019 - 8:01 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

i did not have time to check on it today, runs like a motorcycle and check engine blips, serious loss of power. so yeah, thats my bump again for today

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jan 27, 2019 - 6:56 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I'll take fueling issue for $500 Alex.

--------------------
post Jan 27, 2019 - 10:03 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

nope.....

it was spark plugs. thats all i did...

pain in the ass to get to the rear bank..

had to test the coils one by one...

i was scared it was something else, the gremlins may come back anyways... ill see.

https://i.imgur.com/3vZzy8h.mp4

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: Jan 27, 2019 - 10:04 PM

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jan 27, 2019 - 10:05 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

Glad it was something simple...well for the most part aside from getting into the back there. lol

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jan 29, 2019 - 4:04 PM
+Quote Post
Yupe7

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '18
From Oregon
Currently Offline

I think thats one of the main reason i wouldn't want to have a v6. Would be a pain fighting to get the sparkplugs
post Feb 4, 2019 - 12:36 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Yupe7 @ Jan 29, 2019 - 3:04 PM) *
I think thats one of the main reason i wouldn't want to have a v6. Would be a pain fighting to get the sparkplugs

I used iridiums per faisbuk, according to polls in faisbuk you only change them once a decade.

--------------------

post May 2, 2019 - 8:47 PM
+Quote Post
Fuppylodders

Enthusiast

Joined Jan 9, '19
Currently Offline

You're not alone with one other anymore smile.gif
There are now 3! (or is it 4?)
https://flic.kr/p/2dszfD2

This post has been edited by Fuppylodders: May 3, 2019 - 12:01 PM
post May 4, 2019 - 7:12 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Feb 4, 2019 - 12:36 AM) *
QUOTE (Yupe7 @ Jan 29, 2019 - 3:04 PM) *

I used iridiums per faisbuk, according to polls in faisbuk you only change them once a decade.

Yep, mostly. Some 'performance' iridium plugs are like 30-60K miles though like the IX. The ground straps wear away on those and then they're done. The Denso 'twin tip' Iridium plugs run an honest 100-120K miles on them and perform very awesome through out their life span. Iridium center and pointed platinum ground makes for a less shrouded spark. It'll sound like I'm spitting some ricer boi BS here but honestly I think my 2ZZ runs harder with those twin tip plugs, I know the IX were worn some but it feels much sharper and crisper. Plus, you like...never change them again.

--------------------
post May 4, 2019 - 7:35 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I loved the Denso TT that I put into the Celica, would've put them into the Firebird had it not already had plugs put in by the PO. Once I get a Miata that'll be the first thing I'll do probably since it's so inexpensive and easy on it, regardless if they've been changed recently short of the PO using the Denso TT.

Side note and relative, how is it Nissan can make access slots in their manifold to get the rear bank spark plugs on their V6 but Toyota can't be bothered?

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 5, 2019 - 8:58 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

oh the sparkplug debate.

The joys of breaking ones mind for sparkplugs.

Too hard to reach, to frequent to be changed. use the ones with unobtainium, use the ones for this and that.

lol, i dont want to swap to a v6.

Me: I use whatever, if they break, i put another set..... I use my brain cells for something else..... If they mess up the engine, well its opprtunity for another swap....

But hey, long live the spark plug debate..

Moving on to the next topic..

THE ANTISEIZE CREAM... Is it worth it, ist it good, will it hold, will it seize, hold on here comes the freight train.......

--------------------

post May 5, 2019 - 11:11 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

I never use antiseize for plugs.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post May 6, 2019 - 9:37 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (narly_charley @ May 5, 2019 - 11:11 AM) *
I never use antiseize for plugs.

Which is correct for most plugs, the only plugs needing them are the phosphate black spark plugs. The 'shiny' spark plugs do not need them and should not use it because the 'shiny' coating acts as thread lubricant already.

On brake and suspension bolts just use it, it's fine, adjust the torque spec as needed if it's a TTY bolt though.

--------------------
post Oct 23, 2019 - 1:56 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

bump!

how's the 3sfe?

--------------------

post Oct 23, 2019 - 3:17 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Im doing a hybrid block. im using 3sfe heads on the 2gr block. its going to be a 3sfgre engine, hoping it will be faster then the blurple beams.

--------------------

post Oct 28, 2019 - 2:52 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

anything's faster than a plurple beams. ANYTHING.

and you need more alphabets in your engine build. maybe an LMNOP or QRSTUV + the 3sfe.

--------------------

post Oct 28, 2019 - 4:28 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

bump

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Oct 30, 2019 - 2:27 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

i did bump my head today.

but no news on the celica. Im tempting to make it AWD sometimes. but too much work for so little gains. plus its not as awesome as to make it RWD

--------------------

post Oct 30, 2019 - 8:38 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

do HWD conversion.

--------------------

post Oct 30, 2019 - 6:13 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Oct 30, 2019 - 8:38 AM) *
do HWD conversion.

Better GTFOWD

--------------------

post Oct 31, 2019 - 1:01 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Oct 30, 2019 - 2:27 AM) *
i did bump my head today.

but no news on the celica. Im tempting to make it AWD sometimes. but too much work for so little gains. plus its not as awesome as to make it RWD

Only do it if you genuinely enjoy custom fabrication... Because things like the sway bar and fuel cell are a total pain in the ass

--------------------

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 12:36 PM