--------------------
post Feb 27, 2010 - 3:26 PM
+Quote Post
Ted95

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '09
From Westport, MA
Currently Offline

very fixable.. but srry to say my dude, if u let ur buddy drive ur car wen hes on all that sh!t, u prob deserved that to happen haha.. not one of the better decisions lol... i like the color tho looks fresh

--------------------
st205 powered ss3 coupe
post Feb 27, 2010 - 3:33 PM
+Quote Post
manphibian

Joined Oct 13, '06
From UK
Currently Offline

*shakes head* frown.gif

--------------------
post Feb 27, 2010 - 3:36 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Ecstasy and coke...interesting combination. Yeah, probably shouldn't let him drive anymore.

Sorry man. frown.gif

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Feb 27, 2010 - 3:46 PM
+Quote Post
str8thugginit4ya

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 11, '07
From Davie, Florida
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Feb 27, 2010 - 4:36 PM) *
Ecstasy and coke...interesting combination. Yeah, probably shouldn't let him drive anymore.

Sorry man. frown.gif

Drugs are wack!!! You can get that fixed for under $5000, no problem. I just hope you learned your lesson (says mom).
post Feb 27, 2010 - 4:19 PM
+Quote Post
GriffGirl

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '07
From Portland, Oregon
Currently Offline

Your Jewish Mother in Oregon is making another maternal appearance, pointing her finger at you, shaking her head and giving you "the look."

WTF?! If you're gonna party, don't be fcuking stupid and go drive. You're both lucky all that got cracked up is the rear of your car, and not your heads or someone else's. If you wanna be stupid (or your friend, w/e) and put yourself at risk, that's one thing, but don't be an ass and put other people at risk in the process.

--------------------
post Feb 28, 2010 - 5:33 AM
+Quote Post
Promasta

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 2, '07
From Manitoba, Canada
Currently Offline

ok good to know.
i am just worried about that corner above the taillight. not sure how they will fix that.

wow, ****ed up weekend.
post Feb 28, 2010 - 5:44 AM
+Quote Post
whatthe

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 13, '08
From Australia
Currently Offline

The corner above the tailight would be the hardest part to fix.

--------------------
post Feb 28, 2010 - 5:47 AM
+Quote Post
MrAyasli

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 19, '09
From Sydney
Currently Offline

Poor celi frown.gif

--------------------
post Feb 28, 2010 - 6:33 AM
+Quote Post
Euphoria

Enthusiast
Joined May 6, '08
From Lisarow, NSW, Australia
Currently Offline

you got out lucky! shouldn't be too hard to fix, a good time to invest in some jdm tails wink.gif
post Mar 9, 2010 - 8:45 PM
+Quote Post
Promasta

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 2, '07
From Manitoba, Canada
Currently Offline

**** guys, that rear quarter cannot be fixed, i've talked to lots of shops.

so i'm getting a brand new one from japan for $1500 shipped. Plus 15 hours at $80/hour to install. ****ty thing is it will take 2 months to get here.

a new 2 post spoiler is $1700 (dead serious) but they can fix it in 4.5 hours at $80/hour so $360. I know I can get one used from 6gc but with shipping to Canada and taxes it would end up being more.

A new tail light and paint everything and I'll be good to go. Paint my authentic TRD skirts and rear splitters at the same time. Hopefully my C-One lip will be here by then (i've alreadly been waiting over 2 months).

Does all this seem right? Keep in mind I am in the middle of Canada and **** is expensive here. In Winnipeg there is a '95 selling for ~$9000 and a '94 with high miles selling for $5500.
post Mar 9, 2010 - 8:54 PM
+Quote Post
cjh4l22

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 18, '06
From cincinnati
Currently Offline

why would you let....
n/m

--------------------
proud =3sgte SWAPPED= '95 Celica ST owner [calling it the GT2 or half-trac]
309,000 miles n' .... dead-> ALIVE AGAIN!! ~14,000 miles driven
post Mar 9, 2010 - 8:58 PM
+Quote Post
Euphoria

Enthusiast
Joined May 6, '08
From Lisarow, NSW, Australia
Currently Offline

Id say it would be possible to get under the rear interior and beat it out, then bog it up.

And why are you getting genuine? I dunno about the rear quarter, than is a very painful thing to have dented but as for the spoiler, and tails you should be able to get that all second hand for $300 and thats with jdm tails.
post Mar 9, 2010 - 9:15 PM
+Quote Post
Promasta

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 2, '07
From Manitoba, Canada
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cjh4l22 @ Mar 9, 2010 - 9:54 PM) *
why would you let....
n/m

lol i was really ****ed up. i barely remember anything from the night.

QUOTE (Euphoria @ Mar 9, 2010 - 9:58 PM) *
Id say it would be possible to get under the rear interior and beat it out, then bog it up.

And why are you getting genuine? I dunno about the rear quarter, than is a very painful thing to have dented but as for the spoiler, and tails you should be able to get that all second hand for $300 and thats with jdm tails.

Insurance will pay for it even though it was a hit and run since I wasn't driving. As long as the damage is less than what the car is worth. I know it is hard to believe that a 1994 is worth $5000 but that's what they go for here. The insurance company gets the prices from their book, they don't go shopping on ebay or 6gc.net. Initally they said it was totalled but I can show them what they sell for and if you have replaced oem parts on the car and have receipts it increases the value. So I don't really care if they fix it with oem parts or if they write me a check for $4000 and I buy it back from them, either way it is going to get fixed. JDM tails aren't a big deal, 99% of people don't even notice them. As for the spoiler, shipping alone would be $200 to Canada.
post Mar 9, 2010 - 9:29 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

I have the spoiler and stock tails if ur interested? Just pm me if interested

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica Project Mean Green
3RD Gen 3SGTE WRC Edition W/LSD E153 - Love BOOST <3

2001 Solar yellow Lexus IS300

2001 Dodge ram 1500 Off-road edition
post Mar 12, 2010 - 5:14 AM
+Quote Post
Goonter

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 27, '09
From Canada
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Promasta @ Mar 9, 2010 - 9:45 PM) *
**** guys, that rear quarter cannot be fixed, i've talked to lots of shops.

so i'm getting a brand new one from japan for $1500 shipped. Plus 15 hours at $80/hour to install. ****ty thing is it will take 2 months to get here.

a new 2 post spoiler is $1700 (dead serious) but they can fix it in 4.5 hours at $80/hour so $360. I know I can get one used from 6gc but with shipping to Canada and taxes it would end up being more.

A new tail light and paint everything and I'll be good to go. Paint my authentic TRD skirts and rear splitters at the same time. Hopefully my C-One lip will be here by then (i've alreadly been waiting over 2 months).

Does all this seem right? Keep in mind I am in the middle of Canada and **** is expensive here. In Winnipeg there is a '95 selling for ~$9000 and a '94 with high miles selling for $5500.

wow you ****ed that **** up sir. btw i got my 2post spoiler MINT and shipped to me with no duty or customs charge or w/e for 120 dollars canadian. talk about AWESOME!. it was from RPMgarage btw. my OEM sideskirts also came in today (also from RPM but was sellin git on ebay). it was almost 2 meters long and i still didnt get charged anything, it was 186 shipping but i won the skirts for 10 dollars on ebay lol. iunno if its rpm garage or w/e. but ive gotten something from them twice now and i never got charged for customs.

and btw that celica for 9000 is Azian_advanced's. i'd take that over the 5500 ANY DAY!

Edit:: OH forgot to mention. if you're willing to spend 5000 bucks on that car. might as well import a GT4 from japan for the same price. just my $0.02

This post has been edited by Goonter: Mar 12, 2010 - 5:17 AM
post Mar 12, 2010 - 4:45 PM
+Quote Post
tin_foil

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 7, '05
From Corvallis, OR
Currently Offline

Wow, I just looked up the exchange rate. I can't believe it's approaching 1:1. If I was you, and planning on keeping the car for a while, I'd let them total it, take the money and buy the car back, and then fix it for half of what you're being quoted. (Then use the remaining 2000 on modifications. =D )

--------------------
post Apr 3, 2010 - 6:36 PM
+Quote Post
Promasta

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 2, '07
From Manitoba, Canada
Currently Offline

Goonter you are dam lucky you didn't get taxed, i always do. Insurance is paying for the $5500 in damages, I only pay the $500 deductible. Plus I am paying extra to get my TRD skirts and rear splitters fixed up and painted. Car will be finished on Tuesday. My C-One front lip that I ordered on Jan 7 from RHDJapan still isn't here sadly.

I know that celica for $9000 is azian_advanced's. I was not interested in buying a new one, just making a point that celica's are worth a lot more here than in the states. Decent GT-Four's in Canada sell for $9k plus shipping and taxes. Importing one yourself from Japan is very difficult especially if you don't know the language. And ya its awesome for Canadians that the exchange rate is nearly 1:1.
post Apr 3, 2010 - 7:51 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

You can get a gtfour imported from japan, shipped to canada and everything for 10k to 11k. I'm planning on doing it this summer once i make enough money through school

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 7:30 AM