6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

330 Pages V  « < 328 329 330  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh official Whereís Box? thread, Bueller? Bueller?
post Jun 3, 2019 - 11:24 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 3, 2019 - 1:22 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 3, 2019 - 7:20 AM) *
I need to go over the Celica but can practice on the Mazda. What did you use?

I just got a cheap PDR kit on Amazon. The black glue holds much better than the yellow glue. Just gotta be careful because itís easy to pull the dent too far out and end up with a raised spot but if thatís the case, the little rubber pens and hammer are only $12 on Amazon. It was fairly easy to do and for that price, I feel like itís a good kit to have around.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HNLB9G6?p...ob_b_asin_title

Thank you. Added to my ever growing list of things to buy.

--------------------
post Jun 4, 2019 - 3:41 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

It's official, I've turned into Ferdi... IT'S THE FERDI-ING! I keep defending the merits of the Miata to my brother, who's power obsessed. Like yesterday going to get dinner the $1,000 ABS pump in the BMW started acting up again, so I said something about how it being typical of German cars. Then he was like, "German cars are the best though" and I'm like, "Yeah, best at being expensive to maintain." He goes on about "What else rides as well?" and I'm like, "The Miata, it rode better" and he says "But this has sports suspensions" and I say "But the Miata is a SPORTS CAR" so then he's all "The Miata doesn't weight anything though(not sure what this is trying to prove on his point), and it's slow." So then I say, "Not everyone is obsessed with power, you can't even use it legally most of the time anyway. It's why I'm selling the Firebird for another Miata since the engine noise is the only thing I like about it." and then he goes on about "Who ever said anything about using it legally?" and then I just have to shake my head "There's always going to be someone with more power and a faster car, it's pointless on the street to have more than what you can use legally or safely." and he just replies with "Well you can be faster than 99% of people you come across" and I just sigh as we pull into the parking lot.

Like I get it, it's nice to have power on tap when it's needed but that's so few and far between. Then most of the time you can just chillax and take a little longer getting to where you're going, versus speeding to do whatever maneuver it is you think you need to do. The only time I definitely recommend using power, and technically it's illegal, is to get around a big truck(don't **** with those) and/or away from a driver that's weaving.

--------------------

1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula hardtop 6-speed

330 Pages V  « < 328 329 330
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: June 16th, 2019 - 11:20 AM