6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 327 328 329 330 331 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post May 31, 2019 - 4:14 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

YESSSS, I'd love to have one of the 500 or so NB coupes. Shame they're still years off the 25 year rule though. If I were to import something now it'd be terribly tempting to get a Cappuccino.

I'm trying to think how to make white or silver work out if for some reason a super nice one for a fair price pops up locally, which is what I'm really trying to do here... maximize options to get me driving again sooner. Since Sunlight Silver was the most popular colour each year... This has '01-03 at least and one could assume the numbers follow similarly for '04-05: https://www.miata.net/faq/production.html

I honestly think I rather have white over silver, at least white is a blank canvas and you can do colour accenting. Or be like everyone else and accent with black. The silver, I dunno I guess you could do the same and treat it like white it's so light and bright:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 31, 2019 - 4:23 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Though I'd still really prefer one of the nice blues, or that green, if not black for vinyl wrapping. I'm just tired of not being able to drive... So ****ing tired of it... For one just day to day life ****, but then my one outlet for relaxing and de-stressing has been gone.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 31, 2019 - 7:22 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Get you an automatic Celica GTS and clone my tire, brake, suspension setiup. laugh.gif No clutch leg knee problems, looks sharp, black/blue were popular, fast enough to have fun, and handles like a go-kart on steroids.

--------------------
post May 31, 2019 - 7:36 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I'm too much of a manual and RWD snob though. tongue.gif If I weren't a RWD snob I'd totally find one of these really rare Raspberry Metallic MX-3 GS:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 31, 2019 - 8:47 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I *might* be going to TOTD, you're more than welcome to take my very slow Celica for a spin to see if I can convert you laugh.gif

Also, PM.

--------------------
post May 31, 2019 - 10:39 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Probably not, not even quick cars with a ZF automatic have been successful. As far as FWD goes, I just like rotating through corners by using the throttle. It's also why I need a LSD, there's this one corner that's uphill and radiused that'd always lock the differential on the Firebird. That and the roads are pure **** in terms of even traction. If not for that I'd be fine with FWD or AWD, but it's just impossible for me to go back now.

Okie dokie.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 31, 2019 - 10:44 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I can rotate by lifting throttle laugh.gif

--------------------
post May 31, 2019 - 11:09 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

It's not the same, that or you can use the handbrake but again not the same. Meh, should be able to find a Miata to my liking with money to spare over what the Firebirds are seeming to sell for. It's just hard to be patient waiting out for a particular colour, so trying to think of ways to make them all work for me instead of excluding some because of it. Aside from Classic Red, not going to happen. Ever.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 1, 2019 - 11:00 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

So the nose cone is off and I see primer, so maybe some time this year it'll get done so I can sell it... So frustrating having life put on hold because of a car, and this time it's not even my fault. Just ignore me choosing not to sell it to that kid a month prior that'd have gotten himself killed, he couldn't even handle a Miata without totaling it so how was I supposed to sell it in good conscious. That and I didn't want anything to happen to the car, how ironic...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 2, 2019 - 10:40 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Mod the firebird to miata levels of handling, screw it lol

--------------------
post Jun 2, 2019 - 2:59 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I've thought about it, but that'd cost soooo much money. Plus still trying to figure out how to sort the clutch weight short of doing a LS conversion just to get the hydraulic TOB. At least the Firebird already has double wishbone suspension up front, just like a Miata! If I could drop 400 pounds off the Firebird(without ruining it) and do a double wishbone conversion in the rear it'd meet all of my criteria. I still couldn't see where I was going, but at least it'd do everything I want from a car.

This post has been edited by Box: Jun 2, 2019 - 3:01 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 2, 2019 - 7:28 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 2, 2019 - 9:40 AM) *
Mod the firebird to miata levels of weight, screw it lol

FTFY. Remove the whole body and get that thing down to 2,000 lbs. No need to get the front bumper painted if there is no bumper! Power to weight FTW. And you can certainly appreciate the exhaust note that much more.

Tried my hand at PDR yesterday. We had someone hit the 4Runner at some point. We have no idea when or how but we came out to the driveway to find a dent in the driver rear quarter by the taillight one day so we said screw it and figured we’d fix it ourselves. I couldn’t get this spot perfect but I can live with it. There was a dent on the roof that I made look brand new again. Should have gotten pictures of that one.

Before and after:

Now to spend a weekend working on the GT4 at some point...

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 2, 2019 - 8:26 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well it's an uni-body car; I don't think there's 1,400 pounds between the hood, doors, lift, bumpers, and fenders. Though there would be a lot of weight to save just in the lift glass, I think it's like 150 pounds for something that's otherwise some aluminum and composite. **** ton of glass... Same with the windshield, I'd hate to know how heavy that is. Between glass and the hood you could save a lot of weight from the top of the car.

Ughhh, that sucks... My guess is someone wasn't paying attention in their truck or SUV backing out of a parking space.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 2, 2019 - 11:02 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Black Cherry looks purple depending on the light... wonder how many were made...

Since in the Miata gallery the Black Cherry looks more reddish brown:

But in all these Google pics it looks purple. So now I have one colour I really want, that I have no idea how many were made. Now I'm suffering from great angst, wonderful.

This post has been edited by Box: Jun 2, 2019 - 11:09 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 3, 2019 - 8:20 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 2, 2019 - 7:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 2, 2019 - 9:40 AM) *
Mod the firebird to miata levels of weight, screw it lol

FTFY. Remove the whole body and get that thing down to 2,000 lbs. No need to get the front bumper painted if there is no bumper! Power to weight FTW. And you can certainly appreciate the exhaust note that much more.

Tried my hand at PDR yesterday. We had someone hit the 4Runner at some point. We have no idea when or how but we came out to the driveway to find a dent in the driver rear quarter by the taillight one day so we said screw it and figured we’d fix it ourselves. I couldn’t get this spot perfect but I can live with it. There was a dent on the roof that I made look brand new again. Should have gotten pictures of that one.

Before and after:

Now to spend a weekend working on the GT4 at some point...

I need to go over the Celica but can practice on the Mazda. What did you use?

--------------------
post Jun 3, 2019 - 1:22 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 3, 2019 - 7:20 AM) *
I need to go over the Celica but can practice on the Mazda. What did you use?

I just got a cheap PDR kit on Amazon. The black glue holds much better than the yellow glue. Just gotta be careful because it’s easy to pull the dent too far out and end up with a raised spot but if that’s the case, the little rubber pens and hammer are only $12 on Amazon. It was fairly easy to do and for that price, I feel like it’s a good kit to have around.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HNLB9G6?p...ob_b_asin_title

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 3, 2019 - 3:05 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

You mean you didn't go full baller and get the infrared PDR stuff?

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 3, 2019 - 9:12 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jun 3, 2019 - 2:05 PM) *
You mean you didn't go full baller and get the infrared PDR stuff?

Because poor. laugh.gif I do think I'm going to expand my PDR kit though, pick up some of the pens to push dents back in if they pop out too far, maybe the slide hammer for bigger dents. Even though I couldn't get one dent all the way out, the one on the roof came out pretty well and gave me a pretty good idea of what I'm doing. I can still buy a better selection of PDR tools and still come out ahead for what these crazy Coloradans wanted just to pop out one tiny ding, so this has already paid for itself and then some. There are at least four dings on the GT4 that I'm ready to try to get out now so a little bit better selection of tools can't hurt anything. We all need more tools.

I've always called Black Cherry Miatas the root beer Miatas. That's what the color reminds me of when I saw it in person. Definitely more of a brown hue to my eyes.

Solution: NB Miata in either McLaren Mauvine Blue or Fux Fuschia.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 3, 2019 - 9:53 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

See this is why you get a car made out of composite, no dents or dings to worry about.

Yeah all the pictures I saw prior like in the gallery, the second pic, it looked more reddish brown but then all the ones showing up in Google were like the first and purplish.

Part of me really wants to hold out for a Brilliant Black, if not Midnight Blue or Strato Blue since I like them, so then I can just vinyl wrap it whatever colour or could even paint it. Being black I wouldn't have to do a fully stripped down all over respray to make it look right or keep my OCD in check, that or vinyl. Maybe I'm crazy, but even doing vinyl I would want a black engine bay and such. Then this other part of me says, "YOU IDIOT JUST GRAB THE FIRST NICE ONE AT A FAIR PRICE, SO LONG AS IT ISN'T CLASSIC RED."

This post has been edited by Box: Jun 3, 2019 - 9:54 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 3, 2019 - 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Though Pure White and Sunlight Silver are so bleh though, just not offensive like Classic Red. If it's not a colour I'd wear on my nails, then why would I want my car to wear it? laugh.gif

Hey, that's quote worthy. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

400 Pages V  « < 327 328 329 330 331 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 3:22 AM