6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> FS: Feeler- 1996 Celica hatch, Please lock.
post May 25, 2010 - 9:09 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Like the title says, this is just a feeler. I bought the car a little while back after I sold my other Celica. This one doesn't run. Needs a little bit of work, obviously. The biggest things are paint, engine, and seats. So basically everything that gets replaced and redone in every project car. I know I can sell the car for what I'm asking but I'm just so far away from everyone. I'm not in any hurry to sell the car, so this is just seeing if there's any interest in the car at all. Pictures speak louder than words, so here you go.

Stats:
-1996 GT Hatchback
-Needs new engine or this one rebuilt. Doesn't run at all.
-Needs new seats, as you can see.
-Needs paint, and has several small dings in the body. Needs new high beam headlights as well.
-No radio in the car.
-The wheels could stand to be refurbished, but everyone always ends up buying new wheels anyway.

I was going to rebuild the engine, get new seat covers and a new radio, and get the body work done. It's a project car. New interior, new engine, and body work are mandatory with project cars! Anyway, like I said, I'm still planning on working with the car, but if someone else wants it more than I do, they're welcome to it. Believe me, the asking price is vary fair. I've left it out of this post for a reason. PM me for the price.

Edit: Pictures added. I feel that I should also add here, with the new pictures, that the glovebox is in the trunk. I took it out to get it ready to pull the engine.

This post has been edited by richee3: Jun 17, 2010 - 7:32 PM

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 15, 2010 - 3:08 PM
+Quote Post
SlvrCelica09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 10, '09
From Burtonsville, Maryland
Currently Offline

If still for sale.. Ill give you $650

--------------------
THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM!
Still trying to find the cure for ST205 asthma..
6gc.net's outlaw vigilante because im a LEADER not a follower.
post Jun 15, 2010 - 3:15 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SlvrCelica09 @ Jun 15, 2010 - 3:08 PM) *

PM'd.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 15, 2010 - 3:23 PM
+Quote Post
SlvrCelica09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 10, '09
From Burtonsville, Maryland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 15, 2010 - 3:15 PM) *
QUOTE (SlvrCelica09 @ Jun 15, 2010 - 3:08 PM) *

PM'd.

pm replied.. so besides those things.. does everything else work? like the fog lights.. things electrical.. and could u take some pics of the interior dash panel so I can see what I'm working with.. trunk.. back seats.. what about speakers.. just like a checklist of what works and what doesn't will be cool.. thanks.

--------------------
THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM!
Still trying to find the cure for ST205 asthma..
6gc.net's outlaw vigilante because im a LEADER not a follower.
post Jun 15, 2010 - 6:51 PM
+Quote Post
block

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '06
From Soda
Currently Offline

damn nice project! i would love to pick it up but my wife would kill me. i have an engine for it!

--------------------
post Jun 15, 2010 - 7:26 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

is it sold?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 15, 2010 - 9:44 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Thanks Block. Like I said in my original post, I'm not hurting so if nobody buys the car, I'm going to continue with my plans and restore it. But if somebody with more time and money wants a shot at the car, it would probably be better off with them.

PM's replied. Mike, I had unexpected company out here, so I didn't get your pictures yet. I will get them tomorrow after work and upload them here as well as send them to you via PM. Everything electrical still works. Pw, pl, moonroof, all the lights, everything. I can't vouch for the speakers working, as the car doesn't have a radio in it. To my knowledge, when Marc pulled the cd player out of the car and put it in his truck, all the speakers were working, but they easily might not have been. Since they are 14 years old, I was going to play it safe and replace them anyway. Given the sudden interest in the car, here is a more complete, detailed list of what needs repair.

-Blown engine- haven't had a chance to pull it out and find out how bad. The block is still in good shape.
-Needs paint pretty badly, as you can see.
-Both front fenders, doors, and rear fenders have dings in them. No dents anywhere, but dings in several body panels. Shouldn't be a problem since the car needs paint anyway.
-Both high beam headlight lenses are cracked. Well, not just cracked, but busted all the way through. The holes are small, but I get the feeling that driving in the rain with your brights on would burn the bulbs out.
-Passenger side door panel should probably be replaced.
-Arm rest is pockmarked, typical for these cars.
-Driver's side door handle isn't completely fastened down, but still functions 100%.
-Rims, as you can see, are scratched, curbed, stained, and generally in rough shape, None are bent though.
-Driver's seat and shift boot are ripped. All the leather seats are hard as a rock from never being maintained.
-Missing the sideskirts, as you can see, but they were removed by a body shop and any (if there even were any) holes were filled.
-I removed the cruise control switch and put it in my black car, so no cruise and no horn anymore. The horn is easily remedied.
-The key fob is busted, but that's a cheap and easy fix.
-Battery
-The biggest problem of all with this car is that shipping quotes are brutal. I live pretty far away from everybody. I'll let the car go cheap enough, but be prepared to make up for it with shipping. I got some quotes for Mike earlier, and every single quote was double what I expected.

The good side to this car is that a vast majority of the problems with it are things that we all replace anyway. The engine, you can find a used 5S easily enough. Paint, most project cars get that anyway. Rims and radio, we all replace those pretty much first thing. Vincent_Doggy sells seat and armrest covers and shift boots to handle the interior.

As i said, detailed pictures coming tomorrow. I plan on pulling the engine of this car in the next month and once I pull the engine out, the car will no longer be for sale. I might pull the engine out 30 days from now or it might be 5 days from now. But it will probably be happening soon.

This post has been edited by richee3: Jun 16, 2010 - 5:57 PM

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 15, 2010 - 11:34 PM
+Quote Post
pagii

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 23, '10
From Madison, WI
Currently Offline

PM'D super interested!!! thanks smile.gif

--------------------
96 Land Cruiser -Sold
88 All-trac -Now a front clip
90 Celica - Sold
94 Prelude -Sold
94 Celica - Project Optimus Prime LoL
post Jun 15, 2010 - 11:38 PM
+Quote Post
block

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '06
From Soda
Currently Offline

like i said above, this would be an awesome makeover man. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
post Jun 15, 2010 - 11:55 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

I think i can come and get it. From galatia to jackson is a 3 hour drive...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 16, 2010 - 12:19 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

pm me you cell

--------------------

post Jun 16, 2010 - 6:14 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

All PM's replied. Pictures added to the first post.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 16, 2010 - 6:32 PM
+Quote Post
pagii

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 23, '10
From Madison, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 16, 2010 - 6:14 PM) *
All PM's replied. Pictures added to the first post.

just pm'd again smile.gif!!!!

--------------------
96 Land Cruiser -Sold
88 All-trac -Now a front clip
90 Celica - Sold
94 Prelude -Sold
94 Celica - Project Optimus Prime LoL
post Jun 17, 2010 - 7:31 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

After talking about it, I've decided to keep the car. All interested members will be/have been contacted and informed. Thanks for the interest!

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:46 PM