6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3sgte 4th gen wiring, Trying to do the wiring on the 4th gen to a 97 gt celica 5sfe
post Sep 23, 2017 - 10:13 PM
+Quote Post
Tmiller

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 21, '17
From Miller42!
Currently Offline

I am trying to do the wiring on my 5sfe to the 3sgte 4th gen need some help !
post Sep 24, 2017 - 1:52 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Like what?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Sep 24, 2017 - 3:14 PM
+Quote Post
HardHead93

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 7, '15
From New Mexico
Currently Offline

There is not much info out there on doing the rewire because it is a JDM motor. Everyone usually sends their wiring harnesses off to WireGap or PrimeMR2. You are welcome to be the first person to document the rewire.
post Sep 24, 2017 - 6:35 PM
+Quote Post
Tmiller

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 21, '17
From Miller42!
Currently Offline

I can't be that hard .. i feel like people just don't want the headache I just wanted some pointers and maybe help from someone who's done it
post Sep 25, 2017 - 9:27 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Do you have your 4th gen yet? If so, lay the two harnesses down side by side to get an idea of what you need to do. These cars aren’t Hondas that are built like Legos. Toyota isn’t making it easy for you. It’s far from a case of move this wire, bridge those wires, and done. You will be disassembling both harnesses, scouring wiring diagrams, and basically building a brand new harness from the ground up. Can it be done? Sure. But consider how many hours of labor you will have in just looking at the harnesses and figuring out what needs to be done, before you actually start doing any work. Time is money, and that’s more time that your car will be off the road. If you make one single mistake, you have to pull the harness back out (which is no easy task once the motor is in the car,) and start racing every single wire to find what went wrong.

I am not trying to discourage you at all. But it is definitely a much harder and more complex job than I get the feeling you think it may be. That’s why it is absolutely worth $500 to me personally to have Wiregap do the harness so it comes back extended to the correct length, all connections are correct, no loose or broken wires, plug and play with no issues. It’s one vital part of a swap that I don’t have to worry about. Again, not trying to discourage you- just my $0.02.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 29, 2018 - 6:46 PM
+Quote Post
trdproven

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 2, '05
From Guam
Currently Offline

^ very true unless time is what you have and patience.

--------------------
94 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tom's|Competition Clutch|5Zigen|Apexi|
|Laille/Beatrush|Magnecor|Denso|Royal Purple|Optima|PIAA|PW JDM|Megan Racing|Nitto|
|Work|Greddy|Samco|Project Mu|H&R|Gates|Moog|Rota|Yokohama|Epman|1320|Upgr8
04 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tein|BC Racing|Greddy|

89 Supra (Sold)
90 Supra (Sold)
post Jan 30, 2018 - 11:29 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

like said above, open both harness' up get the drawings for your car and the 4th gen. follow the wires and make extensions as needed. when i did the 3rd gen swap, i had to add about 2 feet to each wire. when i did the swap in my 4 runner. i ran all the wiring with the engine in the truck, then loomed wires together.

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 1:30 PM