6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rally Gt-Four Appareance, Pg. 5 for latest pics. Converting a Celica GT to a GT-Four Rally
post Apr 23, 2012 - 2:04 AM
+Quote Post
JohanFer

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '12
From Los Angeles, California
Currently Offline

QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Apr 23, 2012 - 1:27 AM) *
Lol
im droids having zero trouble loading the pics

Because I fixed it right after. You loaded the lower resolution pics wink.gif

--------------------
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

post Apr 23, 2012 - 2:06 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Ditto, my pc had no problems and it's a few years old. redface.gif

This post has been edited by Box: Apr 23, 2012 - 2:06 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 23, 2012 - 10:34 AM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

Hmmm - interesting. My phone was dying like nothing else.... Loaded fine right now, maybe was just a weird thing last night. who knows. But that is a clean car to start with. I'll be enjoying the physical transformation for sure smile.gif

--------------------
post Apr 23, 2012 - 12:28 PM
+Quote Post
JohanFer

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '12
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ricochet1490 @ Apr 23, 2012 - 11:34 AM) *
Hmmm - interesting. My phone was dying like nothing else.... Loaded fine right now, maybe was just a weird thing last night. who knows. But that is a clean car to start with. I'll be enjoying the physical transformation for sure smile.gif

Haha, no, what I did was to resize all pics in Photoshop. They were 12 mp images each averaging about 2.3 mb. They are 1mp noe each averaging about 90 kb, I think. It is much better now wink.gif

Yes, I am hoping to do most things this summer, but will have to see. I've got a few things to take care of first, but will be starting with the cheapest parts first.

--------------------

post Apr 24, 2012 - 8:02 AM
+Quote Post
JohanFer

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '12
Currently Offline

Just a small update, I got the mirror yesterday and here is the picture. I will install it today.

--------------------

post Apr 27, 2012 - 1:19 AM
+Quote Post
JohanFer

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '12
Currently Offline

I have a new update, I got the JDM tail lights this morning, so I installed them this afternoon. How do they look?

I don't know about you, but I love they way they look on the car.

This post has been edited by JohanFer: Jul 11, 2012 - 5:08 AM

--------------------

post Apr 27, 2012 - 1:24 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

They look great!!! Want to get a set myself one of these days.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 27, 2012 - 1:27 AM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

i always thought best mod for the @$$ of the car. makes it look "clean" is the only thing i can call it.

--------------------
*Thing i want for my car(i wish i had money)*
-full gt4 front end conversion (DONE :) JUST NEEDS PAINT(next on to do list) -new seats all around
-riser blocks -fog lights -new radio and speakers all around
-full bodykit splitters and sideskirts to go with conversion (just needs fitting and painting)
-nice rims (Got TC rims and painted them white)
-light blue tint (next step will do this right after i get my paint job)
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Apr 27, 2012 - 2:38 AM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

I feel like every time I enter this thread your avatar is eye raping me.
post Apr 27, 2012 - 10:07 AM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SupraKid @ Apr 27, 2012 - 3:38 AM) *

LMAO laugh.gif

--------------------
*Thing i want for my car(i wish i had money)*
-full gt4 front end conversion (DONE :) JUST NEEDS PAINT(next on to do list) -new seats all around
-riser blocks -fog lights -new radio and speakers all around
-full bodykit splitters and sideskirts to go with conversion (just needs fitting and painting)
-nice rims (Got TC rims and painted them white)
-light blue tint (next step will do this right after i get my paint job)
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Apr 28, 2012 - 12:14 AM
+Quote Post
JohanFer

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '12
Currently Offline

Haha are you serious? Sorry about that, it is obviously not my intention. biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Apr 29, 2012 - 10:34 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JohanFer @ Apr 27, 2012 - 10:14 PM) *

Haha are you serious? Sorry about that, it is obviously not my intention. biggrin.gif

Damn.
post Jul 11, 2012 - 5:52 AM
+Quote Post
JohanFer

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '12
Currently Offline

Ok, so it is time for an update. While I get ready to buy the front conversion, two weeks ago I set to clean the actual seats so I took off the seat covers to see what the actual seats look like. They were very dirty, but in good shape overall. Here are some of the pictures to show how they looked before and after.

I had never seen these seats and although they are not the greatest, I am not disappointed.

I also cleaned the excess dirt and grease off the rims, especially in their inside. I am basically getting them ready for the deep cleansing as the tutorial seen here in this forum. This is the progress.

As you can see, there is a clear coat that is falling apart. I really don't know if it is original or the previous owner added it but I will probably be sanding it off unless anyone can tell me how to remove it and clean just the aluminum alloy. I would appreciate any input on this.

Also, as you guys have much more knowledge than me about this car, could anyone tell me if this gap in the trunk is normal? I noticed more after I reinstalled the seats. It has always been there but it didn't bother me as much as after the re-installation of the seats.

If it is not normal, how do I go about getting rid of it? Do I have to readjust something or is it missing a part? Please let me know.

As for the future of this project, I am almost ready to buy a "front end conversion kit" or the whole "front clip" off eBay. I will not be using the 3S-GTE engine but since I plan to make the conversion from automatic to stick in the future, I would like to see if the rough difference of $ 1,300 is worth all the parts, assuming I can install the 3S-GTE stick transmission into a car with a 5S-FE engine. See, that front clip also has the projector headlights which, if I buy separately, would set me back another $ 500 plus shipping, so I would be getting the engine and transmission for roughly $800 which I can have standing by in case I go crazy and decide to place it in the car way far in the future.

Oh well, this is where I stand and I would like to see if I can get some help from you guys, which I consider experts on the matter. I've been reading a lot in this site and have learned so much, but being as I am, I never take things for granted. I say this because I don't want you to think I am lazy and don't search for information. I might ask something for which I might have a general answer but I ask anyway to make sure. These things are expensive and I must be cautious. For instance, I read somewhere that one can install the 3S-GTE transmission into the 5S-FE engine because they both were S series engine and that they bolt right in; in addition, I read that if one is to do the conversion from an automatic to a stick transmission, one must also change the car's computer to avoid having the check engine light permanently on. Since I think that those computers are engine specific, I don't know what would happen with the check engine light if I combine the 5S engine with the 3S transmission so then I am obligated to ask the question above, but I do read this website so that I bother you as little as possible. Anyway, I hope you guys can help me with this endeavor so that it can go as smooth as possible. I will be greatly indebted to you all.

--------------------

post Jul 11, 2012 - 6:30 AM
+Quote Post
smkr3w

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 29, '10
From Lake Havasu City, AZ
Currently Offline

For the gap in the trunk, the stock seats should have some slack, kind of like a flap, that have little button tabs which in turn button under the trunk carpet.

And to simply answer the trans question, no. Reason being the clip would include a stock gt-4 trans (e154f) which is AWD and (don't quote me but) pretty sure it wouldn't mate with the 5s.. but a more experienced member will probably chime in and divulge their knowledge

This post has been edited by smkr3w: Jul 11, 2012 - 6:32 AM

--------------------

6gcHeroes:808hectortimmybatmandiegotigamak
post Jul 11, 2012 - 9:37 AM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

yeah, it's some ype of carpet item that buttons onto the seats...

and no, it wont mate.

I know you said you'd not want to use the 3sgte.... but if you are going to pull the 5s motor out to put in a manual transmission, then you might as well put back a 3sgte with either a manual s54(5sfe trans) or an e153 froma solara or something.... you can use the e154f that will come with the clip, but I believe that you'll need some sort of "cover plate" to cover the rear drive shaft output from the dif or something like that... i believe that conversion had something to do with an mr2 part as well... but I'd have to find it again.

You already have EVERYTHING you need with the clip, intercooler, and pumps, and sensors, and intakes and tubing.... and there are a ton of people on here who have done the wiring etc etc. I'm not much of a fan of boost, but by the time you tear out the 5s motor, you'll have a much better understanding of where stuff is and what people mean by things like the Ea1 plug.

Good luck

--------------------
post Jul 11, 2012 - 10:39 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

The AWD trans CANNOT be easily converted to FWD. The conversion to a manual trans would be easiest/quickest with the usual S54 transmission.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 11, 2012 - 10:52 AM
+Quote Post
kurt95gt

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 23, '11
From kenton ohio
Currently Offline

Yea id just find a s54 from a scrap yard an then use what you can from the clip
But if you buy a clip with a 3s SWAP IT IN. Lol what the fun of having a car that looks like a rally racer but has as much power as a moped

--------------------
95 gt coupe, v6 swap weekend toy
99 gt hatch beams swapped wife's
94 st hatch my daily driver
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82235
n
post Jul 11, 2012 - 11:24 AM
+Quote Post
JohanFer

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '12
Currently Offline

Well, I am still to buy either the clip or just the parts for the front conversion and I am trying to go the cheaper way, but If the front clip proved cheaper in the long run, I would wait so I can buy it. Now, if I cannot use that transmission, that means that I will need to still buy the s54 later, proving that buying the clip won't be the best idea unless I can locally sell the engine later and brake even.

Now, does it mean that everyone who installs a 3S-GTE engine, and does not convert to AWD, has to use that "cover plate" for the rear shaft output or use the stock transmission? I mean, it makes sense but it would seem to me that there are a lot of people with those transmissions plied up.

I would love to have the 3S-GTE in my car, but I live in California and I am aware that it is illegal. I know that people still install them and never get caught, but if I am going to be driving around with a car that looks like a rally car, I will be attracting a lot of attention from police; they might as well pull me over and check if the engine is legal. I know they do that so I would not like to take any chances.

--------------------

post Jul 11, 2012 - 11:53 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

The cover plate is often brought up, but it does not work. The E154F splits power 50/50 to the front and rear wheels, so you've already lost half your power. I can't remember the specifics right now but it seems like it also breaks the trans to only use the front wheels. I'll search and find the specific answer for you in a bit.

Buying the front cut and reselling the 3S-GTE seems like it could be cheaper, if you're willing to try to resell it. The problem comes with shipping or how long you might have it before it sells.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 11, 2012 - 12:14 PM
+Quote Post
JohanFer

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '12
Currently Offline

This are the prices:

Front clip: $2,799 and it includes projector lights and front Celica catapillars, plus I might get someone to deliver to be for nominal price.

Front conversion: $1,200 and it is located two miles away from home.
500 projector light
__350 Celica cantapillars
$2,050 total

So this is the situation. Not to mention that I can use other parts from the clip that I haven't considered yet like the parts for the conversion from automatic to manual such as extra pedals and shifter and so forth. I don't know how hard or expensive would be to get them on my own or how difficult would be to sell the engine without these parts.

--------------------

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:04 AM