> No air from driver's side vent
post Apr 29, 2004 - 11:22 AM
+Quote Post
exxtractor

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 31, '03
From BC
Currently Offline

Las week noticed I wasn't getting an air flowing from the driver's side vent, so I pulled the vent out, and made sure it wasn't closed, well after seeing m fingers through the vent, it wasn't, but still no air flow? Normal flow through the two middle vents and the passanger side. Any ideas?

Thanks exx
post Apr 29, 2004 - 7:26 PM
+Quote Post
runriot95

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 1, '02
From Pittsburgh, PA
Currently Offline

Check the vent tube( not sure what the technical name is ) underneath the dash that carries the air from the center console to the driver's side vent. If you remove the underneath dash trim you will see it easily.
post Apr 29, 2004 - 8:23 PM
+Quote Post
mikew04

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 19, '04
From austin tx
Currently Offline

hmm, mine always gets air flowin through it, even when i try to close the vent... interesting...

--------------------
user posted image
post Apr 30, 2004 - 11:27 AM
+Quote Post
kuya1284

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 15, '02
From Corona & Vallejo, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (runriot95 @ Apr 29, 2004 - 5:26 PM)
Check the vent tube( not sure what the technical name is ) underneath the dash that carries the air from the center console to the driver's side vent. If you remove the underneath dash trim you will see it easily.

That's most likely his problem. A shop that replaced my heater core, knocked mine off, which is why I'm not getting any air from the driver's side vent either. I need to buy that foam adhesive... or whatever it is that they use, so that I can reattach it.

But yes, I have a feeling that this is what's causing the problem.
post May 2, 2004 - 11:13 PM
+Quote Post
exxtractor

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 31, '03
From BC
Currently Offline

You guys were totally correct, lay underneath the dash, saw with a flashlight the connection was open, pulled it over the foam, and had the air flowing again. Thanks, probably saved me a few dollars in a service bill.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 9:29 AM