> Edit "My Celica" from profile page? Also still in "new
post Aug 25, 2017 - 8:47 PM
+Quote Post
Bushmatic

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 17, '16
From Grand Rapids, MI
Currently Offline

Just a couple issues I've been having with the site. If there's a way to edit your Celica (like on this page), I'd love to know how to do it. Mine is stuck with the photos I uploaded last year which I took directly from the Craigslist ad before I even had the car. It's come a long way since then and I'd love to keep it updated. Not a huge deal if you can't edit it, just wondering if it's possible. I've also looked for a "delete" button so I can just re-upload it, but again, no luck.

Also, I'm coming up on 70 forum posts and 1 year of 6gc membership, but my posts are still invisible until a moderator finds and approves them. I haven't seen a definitive answer as to how long this new member period lasts. I've seen 30 posts and a few other figures tossed around, all less than my current amount. As you might expect, sometimes it hinders the communication process between me and other members.

Not complaining about either of these problems, just seeking out information. They aren't major issues at all.

--------------------

QUOTE (TimeslideZ @ Apr 22, 2017 - 4:49 PM) *
I currently live in MN and have always been a Toyota my whole life.
post Aug 27, 2017 - 10:01 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Editing your Celica is easy after you figure it out the first time. On the top bar of the page, click “Home,” or just visit the home page (http://www.6gc.net). On the column on the left side of the page, click “Your control panel,” then it will pull up the page where you can add or edit your Celicas. Just a word of warning, keep an eye on your profile for a while after updating your cars. I’ve seen several spam bots that leave endless comments on profiles after they get bumped up to the front page after being added or updated. Moderators can ban profiles from posting in the forum but not on member profiles.

As for still being a trial member, there’s nothing we can do to help you out. frown.gif The auto promote function is broken so all we can do is keep approving posts until you finally get promoted to a full member. The number of posts needed changes from member to member so I’ve stopped even giving estimates. Coomer can manually promote members but moderators cannot. Once in a blue moon, Coomer will log in and fix a few bugs in the site but don’t hold your breath on that.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 12:30 PM