6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MidWest Spring Meet v2.2l ** April 25th **, 10years?! Has it been?
post Feb 14, 2020 - 2:41 AM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Chicago, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Feb 12, 2020 - 9:23 AM) *
Lucky for me I can cruise comfortably in the LS at 3 digits, so I guess the point is moot.

That being said, we're definitely out for this one.

*sadface*

Giant oof. Woulda like to meet you. ;.;
post Feb 14, 2020 - 8:35 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Feb 13, 2020 - 2:18 PM) *
Is it the date or location? Not that it's going to change just for you. 😉

It's the location for us.

But I want you guys to try new spots! Eventually the kids will be old enough for roadtrips, and I'd love to branch out. I've only been talking about it for years.....

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Feb 14, 2020 - 9:05 AM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Chicago, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Feb 14, 2020 - 7:35 AM) *
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Feb 13, 2020 - 2:18 PM) *
Is it the date or location? Not that it's going to change just for you. 😉

It's the location for us.

But I want you guys to try new spots! Eventually the kids will be old enough for roadtrips, and I'd love to branch out. I've only been talking about it for years.....

Yeah. at this point I don't even know if I can get up there on my own. I'd be down for a "they left us behind" mini meet.
post Feb 14, 2020 - 12:53 PM
+Quote Post
NetsToy

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 5, '14
From Indianapolis, IN
Currently Offline

The best way to see bloodmoney is to have your car break down near his house! Just sayin'!

Exhibit A

Thank you for rescuing me, btw! smile.gif

--------------------

1999 - Toyota Celica GT Vert Black
1999 - Toyota Celica GT Vert Super White
post Feb 14, 2020 - 4:04 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NetsToy @ Feb 14, 2020 - 12:53 PM) *
The best way to see bloodmoney is to have your car break down near his house! Just sayin'!

Exhibit A

Great.... Now you're going to have people purposely breaking down around here, just so I can fix their stuff. You're lucky the Mrs. likes you.....

And you're very welcome. I'm glad it was an easy fix and we were able to get you back on the road.

Now, do we need to do the same with your psh????? lol

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Feb 14, 2020 - 4:25 PM
+Quote Post
NetsToy

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 5, '14
From Indianapolis, IN
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Feb 14, 2020 - 4:04 PM) *
Great.... Now you're going to have people purposely breaking down around here, just so I can fix their stuff. You're lucky the Mrs. likes you.....

And you're very welcome. I'm glad it was an easy fix and we were able to get you back on the road.

LOL! Rut Roh! Look what I started!!! biggrin.gif

The feeling is mutual, your wifey, is an amazing lady! smile.gif

Actually, I would love some help! When it get's nicer out, I'll hit you up! Maybe we can have a wrenching day!

--------------------

1999 - Toyota Celica GT Vert Black
1999 - Toyota Celica GT Vert Super White
post Feb 14, 2020 - 4:35 PM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Chicago, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Feb 14, 2020 - 3:04 PM) *
QUOTE (NetsToy @ Feb 14, 2020 - 12:53 PM) *

Exhibit A

Now I just need to plan a local meet. Oh, wait?

Meat? Mmmmmm!
post Feb 15, 2020 - 12:09 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NetsToy @ Feb 14, 2020 - 11:53 AM) *

Exhibit A

I'm confused, when did this happen? There's leaves on trees and no snow on the ground. I know Chicago weather be crazy but come on...

--------------------
post Feb 15, 2020 - 7:40 AM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Chicago, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 14, 2020 - 11:09 PM) *

Exhibit A

I'm confused, when did this happen? There's leaves on trees and no snow on the ground. I know Chicago weather be crazy but come on...

Come on now friend, we at least have one season where it doesn't snow, we call it construction.
post Feb 15, 2020 - 2:59 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 15, 2020 - 1:09 AM) *

Exhibit A

Didn’t bother to call you because you “hate coming into they city” and I didn’t feel like listening to you bitch about it tongue.gif

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Feb 15, 2020 - 3:55 PM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Chicago, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Feb 15, 2020 - 1:59 PM) *

Exhibit A

Didn’t bother to call you because you “hate coming into they city” and I didn’t feel like listening to you bitch about it tongue.gif

Bitter sounds like a younger version of myself, I hated the city with every ounce of my being. I hated the people, the traffic, the crime, etc.

Then I grew up and realized that there's a lot more opportunity here. There is more money to be had working in the city limits of chicago, and living outside of cook county. (especially if you live walking distance from any L line). A monthly ventra pass (pace and cta busses, most 'L' subways. 100 bucks and can get you more or less anywhere in the city for a month, and some places out by skokie, rosemont, schaumburg, o'hare etc.

In theory, you can have your home with a personal garage you can wrench in, take the red or blue line inbound, not really worry about commuting expenses (and insurance will be significantly cheaper if you don't commute via car. when I drove 100 bucks of gas was right about 18 days worth, and insurance was a ton. Garaged car insurance is dirt cheap. I figure a vehicle you own outright and commute in (not counting repairs or any of that) costs around 300-350 dollars a month in gas and insurance on average, with $150 a year for a plate sticker. Garage insurance is like $20 a month and if its in the garage for the winter you aren't really putting any gas in it, so it adds up to be a nice amount of yearly savings (more car parts!)
post Feb 15, 2020 - 8:17 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Exhibit A

I was probably busy anyway if it was anything other than a weekend day and I'm usually busy on those trying my best not to be busy. So for the next meet we're all driving up near Chris's place and deflating a tire or chucking out a spark plug. Guaranteed 6GC meet!

--------------------
post Feb 15, 2020 - 11:15 PM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Chicago, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 15, 2020 - 7:17 PM) *

Exhibit A

I was probably busy anyway if it was anything other than a weekend day and I'm usually busy on those trying my best not to be busy. So for the next meet we're all driving up near Chris's place and deflating a tire or chucking out a spark plug. Guaranteed 6GC meet!

Boats and hoes will be provided, but everyone must bring their own.
post Yesterday, 12:56 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 15, 2020 - 9:17 PM) *

Exhibit A

It was a Sunday. I only called Ender because he’s right down the street from me. We needed to turn it around quickly to get Annette back on the road.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Yesterday, 06:03 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Feb 16, 2020 - 11:56 AM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 15, 2020 - 9:17 PM) *

Exhibit A

It was a Sunday. I only called Ender because he’s right down the street from me. We needed to turn it around quickly to get Annette back on the road.

No explanations needed, just razzin ya'll. I'm out here in the Illinois prairie where there's only chipseal country lanes and tacos. The nearest Walmart is a staggering 15 minute drive. An Amazon warehouse is a shocking 2 whole miles away from me! It's all so distant. How do I ever survive this...abyss...

--------------------

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: February 17th, 2020 - 12:08 PM