> NBG GT4 CONVERSION BUILD, Planning stage
post Jun 19, 2012 - 1:54 PM
+Quote Post
NeverBeGosu

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 29, '04
From Sierra Vista, Az
Currently Offline

OK everyone, as a member of this forum for a few years now, and not an enthusiast like the rest of you, I have done alot of reading and no real work. SO its time for me to get to that step. I am not a mechanic, nor do I claim to be one. But I do know how to troubleshoot, and make sense of things. I am a tech on the Preditor Unmanned Aircraft Systems so I can say I can figure anything out with a good deal of meaning behind those words.

I am currently over seas and working till February 2013, I am making good money, and have a brand new 3 car garage waiting for me when I get home. The point being, I am now able to start the long awaited projects I have needed a home to start. I have the money to purchase, and the drive to start my project.

This gives me 8 more months of planning, and I am wanting to get as much of the panning done while being here so when I get home I can move forward with the project. All of which will be on this site. I am planning on recording all work and hosting the video's on my own domain and linking them here for viewers. Like I said, I am not a mechanic, but I am going to do the best I can to figure this stuff our.

What I am looking for. I am here to get the "HEY YOU NEED TO DO THIS" or the "HEY YOU FORGOT ABOUT THIS" or the "EXPECT THIS". This has been a dream of mine for years now, since 2001 when I bought my first 6gc and now it is coming to fruition. This site is going to be my tool, and everyone who helps will have my complete appreciation and freindship. This is going to be a ground up build, and I am wanting the best.

Whoever says, "money isnt an issue", is a hella lot richer then me, lol, but I will say, cost shouldnt be a burden, and if it becomes a burden, then I will just take it in smaller steps.

I need to know the ins and outs of this project, and any help will be much appreciated.

Any usable post or information during this planning stage will be moved into this initial planning post in order to keep the planning up to date.

I am hoping to have parts lists, with Part Numbers, and purchase contact information next to all parts required. For those of you who have completed projects, I am relying on your love and support and help. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Michael Del Grosso NbG

THE GOAL

Complete GT to GT4 conversion with a 3SGTE AWD. Keeping it left hand drive.

WHAT I HAVE

94 Celica GT 5sfe Automatic Driveable
95 Celica GT 5sfe Manual Driveable (chassis is refurbished after front fender bender by previous owner.)(I purchased it for a parts car for the 94)

PROJECT OUTLINE

I. Tear Down the 94 to bare chassis. Get new carpet And prep wireing.
a) Remove Fenders/Bumpers
b) Remove Headlights
c) Remove RearLights
d) Remove Hood
e) Remove remove doors
f) Remove hatch
g) Remove Remove Interior Panels
h) Remove Front Seats
i) Remove Rear Seats
j) Remove Steering Wheel
k) Remove Dash
l) Remove Wheels
m) Remove Brakes
n) Remove Drivetrain
o) Remove Transmission
p) Remove Engine
q) Remove Carpet
r) Replace Carpet
s) Paint and modify internals

II. Replace Any Interior parts with 95's parts.
(Parts that can be replaced with stock items.)
a) Interior panels
b) Center Consel
c) Shifter Assembly
d) Rear Hatch
e) Door Panels (if in better condition)

III. Manual Conversion
a) Shifter (TRD Short Throw assembly fron 95's REPLACEMENT CABLE REQUEST)
b) TransmissionTransmission to match engine
c) Clutch Upgraded Clutch for fast Street legal
d) Pedals Don't want stock pedals so whats a good set for manual

IV. AWD Conversion (Really have no idea on what the hell I am talking about here smile.gif)
a) Front And Rear Diff
b) Transmission

V. Front End Conversion GT4

VI. Rear End Conversion GT4

VII. Engine build
a) What is a US legal, generation of 3sgte that will get me the most power. I may rebuild internals with reinforced parts. But whats the best starting motor.

VIII. Assemble Internals

IX. Assemble Exterior
a) Headlights Jeff @ Toyotaworld.com 713-943-7010 PN#'s
LOWS
81014-20100 (Left)
81012-20100 (Right)

HIGHS -
81130-20050
81170-20050

a) Tailights: (Were these created or purchased? Cuase I love them. smile.gif

a) Fenders: (Does any fender that fits a st204 fit the st205 bumper configuration and hood? I dont want oem fenders so looking for something diffrent that will match up.)
a) spoiler
a) raiserblocks
X. Install Engine

This post has been edited by NeverBeGosu: Jun 19, 2012 - 3:05 PM

--------------------
Celica Enthusiast with no experience. LoLs Looking for people closer to my area to talk/work on projects, let me know if your near 85635 Sierra Vista, Az
post Jun 19, 2012 - 3:15 PM
+Quote Post
dliverance

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 15, '08
From Hollywood
Currently Offline

There are a few good threads here on te gt4 conversion. I believe czwalga is one of the members on here who has done one. It's a tricky process so be prepared for a headache. There is no frot diff. Only the rear. Unfortunately the rear subframe doesn't just bolt up to our car. You have to fabricate mounting points for that as well as the drive shaft carriers. There's also the gas tank. The usdm gas tank gets in the way of the subframe. Other than that I think it's pretty easy.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 7:44 AM