> BEAMS convertible, may be time to sell
post Mar 20, 2015 - 11:03 AM
+Quote Post
pgiorgio

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 24, '11
From mass
Currently Offline

Just turned 70 years old(I might be the oldest member of this forum) and I'm downsizing to a condo without a garage for my "baby", so I'm thinking about selling my 1995 red convertible. It has a 1998 BEAMS engine installed by a professional mechanic 2 1/2 years ago. It also has a GT4 hood and bumper installed by Manny (from this forum). It has an LSD s54 transmission with the 5th gear swapped from an s51 trans, so it runs about 2800 rpm at 60 mph making it a little smoother and it gets, at 60mph, a consistent 35-36 mph. From the moment the BEAMS engine was installed, it has run flawlessly and I've driven it about 6000 miles. Before installation the timing belt, the spark plugs and water pump were changed. It has a custom exhaust with a split at the rear axle and dual pipes coming out the back. It has a ceramic coated header and I run it without the heat shield (I like the look and between the ceramic and the GT4 hood vent heat not a problem). Everything in the car works perfectly (including the power antenna). The body has no dents or rust but does have some paint chips. The car was repainted before I bought it 7 years ago. I had shocks and brakes put on it about 3000 miles ago. It has 16 inch gen7 wheels with some very minor curb rash and the tires have about 6000 miles on them. The top was slashed 3 years ago and I had a brand new top installed by Toyota. The interior is in good condition but the driver's seat has a split on the bottom (I've had the left bolster redone). As all of you know, I have way more money invested in the car then I could sell it for. I'll be reasonable on the price but, because I don't have to sell it, I won't give it away. Anyone interested can pm me or email me (peter@thegiorgios.com) and I'll be glad to answer any questions and send pictures.

Thanks,

Peter
post Mar 20, 2015 - 11:35 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

This car is immaculate! I hate to see you sell it, Peter. I hope everything works out for the best!

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Mar 20, 2015 - 7:37 PM
+Quote Post
hurley97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '04
From Portsmouth, RI
Currently Offline

Sorry to see you sell her but hopefully we can keep it in the family, in mass even. I think we have some friends who are very interested. When they get back from Florida we'll come see you... And bring the RI beams, maybe get that picture we missed at csp 😁

--------------------
7A-FTE: It's not about the money. Our Beams Swap.

I <3 Dustin---07/16/06
post Apr 6, 2015 - 10:14 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

I'm very interested in it, pictures please?

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 1:53 PM