6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 303 304 305 306 307 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Jun 3, 2018 - 8:54 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

The JL runs the pair of 8ohm 6x9's in the rear deck wired in parallel for a 4ohm load at 300W RMS in mono, there's a Pioneer amp under the other seat that runs the front doors at about 150W RMS each side in stereo. I wanted to get another 300/2 to run the fronts with the same amp cause reasons but **** they're holding value really well. I need to hunt and kill a slight whine in the system at some point, I'm not sure where it's feeding in from yet though and haven't dedicated much time since I can only hear it when I'm sitting still and there's no sound. So it's got to be on the amp side of things, it even could be the Pioneer amp itself.

This post has been edited by Bitter: Jun 3, 2018 - 9:00 PM

--------------------
post Jun 8, 2018 - 10:24 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

Just bought a $400 Rigid (for the lifetime service agreement) miter saw and it had the infamous blade wobble. Had to take it back and I got a cheap Ryobi and it cuts super straight and feels great! I'm debating if I want to return this one though and get a higher serial number Rigid (they supposedly fixed the blade wobble). The Rigid one felt really good, as this one just feels super cheap (it was only $250) compared to the Rigid.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jun 8, 2018 - 10:03 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Old sears stuff on Craigslist man.

--------------------
post Jun 10, 2018 - 11:41 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I think I finally sorted a booting issue with a computer, wifi card was donked and I forgot it had one/overlooked it in the bottom slot of the case. Whoops!

--------------------
post Jun 11, 2018 - 7:15 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 8, 2018 - 10:03 PM) *
Old sears stuff on Craigslist man.

I buy new Rigid stuff for their lifetime warranty. You have to buy them new from HD to get the LSA.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jun 11, 2018 - 7:45 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Eh it's all Made in Taiwan/China by TTI or a license holder from the same parts they make the lower tiered stuff from. Even Milwaukee isn't the real deal it once used to be, it's not awful but it's not all awesome stuff either.

--------------------
post Jun 11, 2018 - 8:06 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 11, 2018 - 8:45 AM) *
Eh it's all Made in Taiwan/China by TTI or a license holder from the same parts they make the lower tiered stuff from. Even Milwaukee isn't the real deal it once used to be, it's not awful but it's not all awesome stuff either.

Yup! They're all made by the same companies. I didn't know they owned Empire though, interesting. The cut difference with the $150 difference between the Ryobi and the Rigid is NIGHT AND DAY though... The bearings in the Ryobi sliding mechanism felt like wheel bearings with 300,000 miles on them.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jun 11, 2018 - 2:28 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 10, 2018 - 12:41 PM) *
I think I finally sorted a booting issue with a computer, wifi card was donked and I forgot it had one/overlooked it in the bottom slot of the case. Whoops!

Had a stupid problem like this with my rig. Stupid 8.1 installed correctly the first time when I had only the essentials on the mobo, then would give a BSOD after attempting to reinstall months later with the WiFi card attached.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jun 11, 2018 - 7:01 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

If I remember correctly I got the wifi card working in a very hackish way, using NDISwrapper to run the Windows7 driver in Ubuntu, likely when something updated it broke the driver which was being referenced by the kernel externally and so vavoom failure to boot and hang on network services stuff, but not always hanging at the exact same point but always hanging on network stuff. I was starting to think there was a hardware failure and that the ethernet had been zapped with some really bad ESD.
I had set it up with Win7 in a VM inside Ubuntu so any ****ery on Win7 could be easily reverted back to a fresh state.
Anyway, I got it up and booted, wiped the platter drive, clean install of win7, and loaded Sims1 on it for my friend, so it's likely going back to her. She bought her mother a Mac and needed stuff off so I used the 256GB SSD in an external to drop all that **** onto and give to her. But their new used Walmart Mac has a bum keyboard and some kind of hard drive failure and I told her 'sorry I don't work on macs' but it's ok, they have a 3rd party warranty that'll fix it all. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA good luck.

tldr: really nerdy ****.

This post has been edited by Bitter: Jun 11, 2018 - 8:29 PM

--------------------
post Jun 13, 2018 - 1:05 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

That is some really nerdy ****.

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jun 13, 2018 - 6:34 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Very. I get just as nerdy with car repairs at work since I do a lot of the diagnosis work on the more technical systems.

--------------------
post Jun 13, 2018 - 8:24 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I had my dumb luck for the week, I changed out some rear spring shackles on a 96 Ford Explorer today and by the gods the bolts all came right out, nothing was seized.

--------------------
post Jun 15, 2018 - 7:08 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 13, 2018 - 8:24 PM) *
I had my dumb luck for the week, I changed out some rear spring shackles on a 96 Ford Explorer today and by the gods the bolts all came right out, nothing was seized.

After growing up with my father who worked on vehicles his whole life, I decided not to become an auto tech. Haha! Up here in the rust belt is a totally different ball game too.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jun 15, 2018 - 12:04 PM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

They're bringing back every single Super Smash Bros. character for the new one for the Switch. I don't own one, but my sister does. Can't wait to play it! I've been playing them since the N64 (still have it).

Snake is back! Yay!

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jun 16, 2018 - 8:42 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

I never got into Smash for some reason...still have a 64 as well. Every once in a while I flip it on (20 times). The Switch is a neat piece of kit.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Jun 16, 2018 - 8:43 AM

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jun 16, 2018 - 11:01 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Only took several days but finally the clean Win7 install has had ALL current updates installed. Thank goodness for WSUS Offline! http://download.wsusoffline.net/ It lets me fetch all available applicable updates and then run them, but I get output as to what's installed and what's failed, and it doesn't fail the whole process when one fails. It also fetches the updates A LOT faster than the built in windows update tool. It's really meant for IT departments to fetch all updates into a single directory and then apply across multiple machines so each machine gets the exact same updates and they only have to be fetched once, but I find it works well for single machines and often will fetch and apply updates to systems which fail using the built in tool. Usually they're so far out of date they just won't grab the updates or fail to apply them, WSUS Offline gets them, applies them, and then once it's reasonably up to date the built in auto update system will begin functioning normally again.

--------------------
post Jun 19, 2018 - 12:48 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

https://youtu.be/obUnEqsTmLg ok but turn subtitles on.

--------------------
post Jun 19, 2018 - 7:10 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 19, 2018 - 12:48 AM) *
https://youtu.be/obUnEqsTmLg ok but turn subtitles on.

Hahaha! I've seen it before, but not with the subs. I have really enjoyed Donut's videos.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jun 19, 2018 - 3:39 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I think we’re going to have to send a search party out for Box. It’s been five days...

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 19, 2018 - 6:48 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

He got in the Firebird and now can't get back out.

--------------------

400 Pages V  « < 303 304 305 306 307 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 9:57 AM