post Aug 6, 2015 - 9:52 PM
+Quote Post
Fate

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 30, '04
From Atlantic City
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 3, 2015 - 9:45 PM) *
will test my theory, and ordered parts for the right disc today. 333 USD crossing fingers

Looking forward to details, PM me if that's easier

--------------------
post Aug 6, 2015 - 10:14 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Pm sent

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Aug 13, 2015 - 3:13 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

well nevermind, theory did not work, its a beautiful rotor, and hat, gorgeous, but not applicable for the gt4 caliper. Dont have the energy or enthusiasm, to spend on ap racing calipers, and try to find a suitable one, lol... nope.

nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol....

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Aug 13, 2015 - 3:18 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

clears the ball joint by several mm

need to remove the shields. but what not..

nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol....
nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol....

--------------------

post Aug 13, 2015 - 5:05 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

whats the specs on those rotors?

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Aug 13, 2015 - 5:26 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

299mm x 32mm (11.75 x 1.25)

problem is they are on a slightly larger hat. they require a hat with rotor bolt circle of 8 x 7. Thus limits the friction area, a lot. the gt caliper is literally hitting the bolts, before it grabs the whole area.

wilwood offers 12.19 x 1.25, but then you get into finding a way to mount the caliper part (160-11835 )

now the calipers from ap racing are part number CP8350 Four Piston Forged, but then the bracket adapter is unknown. I dont think they sell them.
at any rate, its boring to keep reinventing the wheel.

I have found this guy

http://www.rottenleonard.com/Menu.html

i may give it a try.. lol/

--------------------

post Aug 13, 2015 - 2:34 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

man I love your dedication dude.

way to keep developing this mod along.
those are some very pretty rotors
post Aug 13, 2015 - 4:18 PM
+Quote Post
Fate

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 30, '04
From Atlantic City
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 13, 2015 - 4:18 AM) *

clears the ball joint by several mm

need to remove the shields. but what not..

nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol.... nope, nope. get the gt4 rotors, and shave em, or do the supra rotors, and redrill period. lol....

Ugh! sorry it didn't work out.

--------------------
post Aug 13, 2015 - 7:20 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

That sucks... Hopefully you can do a return and get your purchase price back at least.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 13, 2015 - 7:56 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

ill keep it, i have and extra hub, i want to play with... maybe in the future i may go ap racing ...

--------------------

post Aug 13, 2015 - 8:44 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

Im thinking...how much more would it really cost to get AP or DBA to custom make a rotor?

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Aug 13, 2015 - 10:32 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

we dont need a custom rotor, there are plenty of rotor discs, out there, and wilwood sells several 5x3.93 hats in different offsets. we need a custom hat. but with that comes numbers $$$. im pretty sure we can come up with something viable, the question is, price.

the other problem is, rims, most bbk wont clear unless 17 or above, and unless the 6gc is featured in the next ff8 , aint nothing good coming for us.

--------------------

post Aug 25, 2015 - 12:31 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Aug 13, 2015 - 9:44 PM) *
Im thinking...how much more would it really cost to get AP or DBA to custom make a rotor?

I asked DBA about a rotor....basically...no was the answer
post Sep 4, 2015 - 9:18 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

Ive fixed a couple mistakes on the front hub and caliper prep on the OP as well as some more detailed info on the rear caliper mounting.

There are still a whole bunch of details I need to address that I hope to clear up this winter. Hopefully we can get this ironed out over the next few months

I would like to get the Cadillac Catera rotor info and add that to the options list as that has worked for a few members

again, if anyone see's any mistakes or inconsistencies in the OP just let me know

This post has been edited by Tigawoods: Sep 14, 2015 - 10:41 AM

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Sep 14, 2015 - 10:29 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

my own search for new front rotors has begun, im not sure how long my current rotors will last when I start tracking

ATTENTION!!!!!!

I found a pretty cheap ($360/pair) 2-Piece front rotor pair for the Supra Non-Turbo.
Spec:296x32

Its made by a brand I have never heard of before. I myself probably wouldnt trust it for track racing but for spirited street stuff it should be fine.

I cant find the rotor listed on the site but here is the link for it on vivid racing and a link for the disk replacements on the company site. The supra turbo and non turbo may share the same hat, I am not sure. These would have to be re-drilled to 5x100 of course

Ill have to inquire to get some more info on these and whats available.
If only there was a direct bolt on 5x100 frown.gif

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/racingb...98-p-93311.html

rotor replacements
http://www.racingbrake.com/LEXUS-FRONT-p/d206-01-311-01.htm

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Sep 14, 2015 - 5:32 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Lol my search for a bolt on rotor is done for. The biggest issue is the hat. It has to be made. I have not found a single company that mixes and matches. The hat sizes wilwood offers are too big.

--------------------

post Sep 15, 2015 - 6:23 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

funny thing is that I do have a connection with someone who would be able to make hats.
He had hats made for his front and rear rotors on his RX-7 so that he could get the offset he wanted.

I could inquire. As long as we pick a disk that we all would use (I dont think he would be willing to make 3 different hats)
Sucks all the different disks probably have a different PCB

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Sep 16, 2015 - 1:27 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Don't mean to throw this in the mix, but has anyone ever seen the twin piston GT4 brakes in person. My guess is that they use same 315mm rotor according to Toyota diagrams. Googled it but nothing came up. I see one clip for sale locally that has them

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Sep 16, 2015 - 1:28 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Sep 16, 2015 - 6:19 AM
+Quote Post
olilaroche

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 21, '14
From l'assomption, Québec
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Sep 16, 2015 - 1:27 AM) *
Don't mean to throw this in the mix, but has anyone ever seen the twin piston GT4 brakes in person. My guess is that they use same 315mm rotor according to Toyota diagrams. Googled it but nothing came up. I see one clip for sale locally that has them

Yeah front and rear use 315mm disc on the gt4. I've just done my conversion yesterday
post Oct 3, 2015 - 1:53 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

well, points for the homebuilder... lol...

the oem supra rotors.....

--------------------

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 1:13 AM