> Sept 14th - Green BEANS meet - Berlin, WI
post Aug 30, 2019 - 9:26 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

That's exactly how my friend got rid of a car they lost the title to. Sawzall that bitch in half because the duplicate title cost more than the car was worth since we'd pulled the engine/trans and some other parts off it. But as scrap steel it was worth enough that they'd come pick it up for free, but as a car they wanted like $100 to come get it without a title.

There's something very fun about cutting a car in half, really lets out a lot of frustrations...

--------------------
post Aug 30, 2019 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I think it'd be better to do this:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Sep 1, 2019 - 12:46 AM
+Quote Post
NetsToy

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 5, '14
From Indianapolis, IN
Currently Offline

Yay! A stripping party! I usually don't get invited to those! wink.gif Anyway...

I'm excited the blue car is a coupe, that'll bode well for my vert collection.

I'll even bring my screw driver. biggrin.gif

Is there anything else I should bring?! Dollar bills, a sawzall, cookies?!

I'm excited for this! Operation Green Beans, here we go! smile.gif

QUOTE (cheela @ Aug 30, 2019 - 2:49 PM) *
wanted to add there will be a strip show going on as well....

No, I will not be taking off any clothes (unless you pay wink.gif ) but I/we/you will be stripping the blue coupe or what's left of it for any parts you guys wanna buy(on the cheap) before I junk it. panels, wire, plugs, sensors, bolts, nuts etc. all must go. lowest prices around. all sales are final. no refunds. laugh.gif

--------------------

1999 - Toyota Celica GT Vert Black
1999 - Toyota Celica GT Vert Super White
post Sep 2, 2019 - 9:13 AM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
From wild 100's, South Chicago
Currently Online

QUOTE (Box @ Aug 29, 2019 - 2:48 PM) *
Not to sound belittling, but there are two temp sensors if I recall correctly. One for the ECU, and one for the gauge. If not that then like CheeLa mentioned I'd look at wiring and grounding, then the gauge itself. It could also be air in the system causing it not to read.

I change both of them , the plugs to, and check the wire ,but nothing yet.
post Sep 2, 2019 - 9:28 AM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
Currently Online

QUOTE (cheela @ Aug 29, 2019 - 11:27 AM) *
QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Aug 29, 2019 - 10:53 AM) *
up to now im in .been driving it to cruise and shows with my temperature gauge not working.im still working on it .I already change the sensor and the plug but nothing.

Hopefully you're not overheating. Wonder if it's a wiring issue then since you changed both the sensor and plug? Do you have your aftermarket guages hooked up? Is one of them a temp guage?

thank God it dont look like is overheating.I dont have a coolant temperature aftermarket gauge. I was thinking on getting one,but i dont want to cut the radiator holes to connect the sensor. Next thing I got to check is the needle of the stock gauge.
post Sep 2, 2019 - 9:39 AM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
Currently Online

QUOTE (cheela @ Aug 29, 2019 - 3:49 PM) *
if you think you can make it to my house too then bring it and we'll fix it there too! laugh.gif

I was thinking the same, but is to risky taking that chance driving them hours.If not ill go with the daily(His&Hers) that finally just repair the wheel beering , after 3 months is back rolling.
post Sep 2, 2019 - 10:54 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Zeen, it may in fact be a faulty gauge, you should be able to check the resistance of the gauge temp sender at the gauge itself to verify it's getting a signal up there. It's not uncommon for older gauge clusters to have failing/failed capacitors which cause incorrect needle positions, if that's the case then replacing the worn part isn't too hard if you can solder and have taken apart clusters before. If you're not experienced then a use working cluster is a safe buy but may be on it's way out too since it's nearly as old (and swapping the speedo/odo isn't hard to do). Some places will repair your own cluster, like Southern Electronics but they're not particularly cheap.

--------------------
post Sep 2, 2019 - 12:31 PM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
Currently Online

QUOTE (Bitter @ Sep 2, 2019 - 10:54 AM) *
Zeen, it may in fact be a faulty gauge, you should be able to check the resistance of the gauge temp sender at the gauge itself to verify it's getting a signal up there. It's not uncommon for older gauge clusters to have failing/failed capacitors which cause incorrect needle positions, if that's the case then replacing the worn part isn't too hard if you can solder and have taken apart clusters before. If you're not experienced then a use working cluster is a safe buy but may be on it's way out too since it's nearly as old (and swapping the speedo/odo isn't hard to do). Some places will repair your own cluster, like Southern Electronics but they're not particularly cheap.

yeah im swapping it with another one i have save, to check . I was hoping it was just the sensor, because i have my current one custom and with aftermarket white indiglow .And i did not wanted to go through the work of transffering everything

post Sep 3, 2019 - 10:31 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NetsToy @ Sep 1, 2019 - 12:46 AM) *
Yay! A stripping party! I usually don't get invited to those! wink.gif Anyway...

I'm excited the blue car is a coupe, that'll bode well for my vert collection.

I'll even bring my screw driver. biggrin.gif

Is there anything else I should bring?! Dollar bills, a sawzall, cookies?!

I'm excited for this! Operation Green Beans, here we go! smile.gif

QUOTE (cheela @ Aug 30, 2019 - 2:49 PM) *
wanted to add there will be a strip show going on as well....

No, I will not be taking off any clothes (unless you pay wink.gif ) but I/we/you will be stripping the blue coupe or what's left of it for any parts you guys wanna buy(on the cheap) before I junk it. panels, wire, plugs, sensors, bolts, nuts etc. all must go. lowest prices around. all sales are final. no refunds. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
screw driver and cookies sound good. lol

QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Sep 2, 2019 - 9:39 AM) *
QUOTE (cheela @ Aug 29, 2019 - 3:49 PM) *
if you think you can make it to my house too then bring it and we'll fix it there too! laugh.gif

I was thinking the same, but is to risky taking that chance driving them hours.If not ill go with the daily(His&Hers) that finally just repair the wheel beering , after 3 months is back rolling.

alright. sounds good. lemme know when it gets closer. and text me the day of if you are. I think you have my number right? if not, PM me. wink.gif

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Sep 3, 2019 - 1:00 PM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
Currently Online

yeap , I got your #. With one or the other I will be there. the only thing that I can promise is that is going to be color red laugh.gif .
post Sep 3, 2019 - 1:08 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Sep 3, 2019 - 1:00 PM) *
yeap , I got your #. With one or the other I will be there. the only thing that I can promise is that is going to be color red laugh.gif .

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif of course.

--------------------

post Sep 10, 2019 - 8:08 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

anything you guys think I should prep for you all before this weekend?
maybe take a read through my BEAMS thread and see what you could bring to help me? (probably skill and knowledge more than anything hahaha)

I'll have some food prepared. Should we try to meet up around noonish? I know Annette is planning to come the night before since she's got a longer drive. when do you all plan to get there? lemme know. I'll start up the grill early.

--------------------

post Sep 10, 2019 - 1:20 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I'm for sure out, water heater bill and new tires killed off fun money for a bit.

--------------------
post Sep 10, 2019 - 1:50 PM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
Currently Online

im trying to see where can we meet ,( the chicago area peeps), to roll with annette when she pass by, so we can cruise together. Or who wants to cruise with me? I might be leaving around 3:30 to 4am from joliet .
post Sep 10, 2019 - 3:13 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Sep 10, 2019 - 1:20 PM) *
I'm for sure out, water heater bill and new tires killed off fun money for a bit.

BOO! Quit taking so many hot baths all the time.

QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Sep 10, 2019 - 1:50 PM) *
im trying to see where can we meet ,( the chicago area peeps), to roll with annette when she pass by, so we can cruise together. Or who wants to cruise with me? I might be leaving around 3:30 to 4am from joliet .

Hit up Luke and see where you guys wanna meet up. I think Annette is coming up on Friday night per my last conversation with her. Anyone else you can think of or we missed. lemme know.

--------------------

post Sep 10, 2019 - 5:46 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Ha yeah. Not trying to sleep in my car for a couple nights lol. Next broken car meet...maybe Jake and Sammi GT4 repair meet?

--------------------
post Sep 10, 2019 - 8:18 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

I havent thought through the logistics of sat morning. But at the moment the lakeforest oasis on 90 94 might be a good spot

--------------------
post Sep 11, 2019 - 9:42 AM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
Currently Online

QUOTE (enderswift @ Sep 10, 2019 - 8:18 PM) *
I havent thought through the logistics of sat morning. But at the moment the lakeforest oasis on 90 94 might be a good spot

that sound good to me.
post Sep 11, 2019 - 3:01 PM
+Quote Post
punkxrckprincess

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 31, '11
From Marengo, Illinois
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Sep 10, 2019 - 5:46 PM) *
Ha yeah. Not trying to sleep in my car for a couple nights lol. Next broken car meet...maybe Jake and Sammi GT4 repair meet?

I hope we don't need that but if so, we have a grill and we can have a fire and I can send you all home with an abundance of fire wood. I'm currently no use in the assist department as I wrecked my lower back!
The turbo SHOULD be back to us next week.
We upgraded in conjunction with the rebuild so...

*who will livestream the beans meet so we can be there via video?

This post has been edited by punkxrckprincess: Sep 11, 2019 - 3:01 PM
post Sep 12, 2019 - 10:51 AM
+Quote Post
That97celica

Enthusiast

Joined Nov 11, '16
From Illinois
Currently Offline

QUOTE (enderswift @ Sep 10, 2019 - 8:18 PM) *

What time were you thinking about meeting up there .?

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:10 PM