post Jun 23, 2017 - 11:19 AM
+Quote Post
otius

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 23, '17
From South Africa
Currently Offline

Good day guys
Aloha from South Africa from a fellow toyota and 3sgte enthusiast, even although it is found in an sw20.

I have a small problem, after i did the gen 3 swap to my 91 jdm mr2 i am enjoying boost but i noticed on the boost gauge that im running 7psi(0.48bar) only

Now i'm 90% sure its the T-vsv not engaging... only error code i have is 42 as i have a mechanical cluster and electronic sensor.
now tests ive done thus far:

i disconnected T-vsv and put some compressor air towards the actuator(+-11Psi) and i could here the wastegate flap move.

I took off the T-VSV, tested it according to the bgb and it was fine connected the pipe furthest from the electrical connector to the wastegate and the other one to the manifold(but to be honest i have tried both ways around tongue.gif)

I used an injection with a pipe on it to test the voltages at the ecu of the MAP sensor with both positive and negative pressure and it seemed to be fine, could not 100% test it as i only gestimated pressure applied.

i also checked the voltage across ground and the tpc pin on the ecu and saw close to 12v iirc while ignition was on.

also checked the voltage across the two pins of the T-VSV while ignition switch was on and the showed 0V?

as i said i have only error 42, which i have eliminated before by making a small resistor circuit that sends an 8v signal to the ecu but this just cured the error code didn't do anything to the boost.

It doesnt seem like there are boost leaks unless its some how the hks dumpvalve that is leaking(got it with motor)

My mechanic friend reckons it is electrical.

could i hear suggestions from this board? smile.gif

Regards
Brink

post Jun 26, 2017 - 3:03 PM
+Quote Post
Mr_Tee

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 30, '09
From Jamaica
Currently Offline

Check timing and fuel system...

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:00 PM