6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> V8 Turbo Drift Celica, St205 transformed into (hopefully) road legal Drift Car
post Apr 2, 2017 - 6:09 PM
+Quote Post
darkdaywalker

Enthusiast

Joined Jul 9, '10
From Nottingham, England
Currently Offline

After putting a picture of my latest progress onto the 6gc FB page, I had a few people ask me to do a build thread for my 96 UK spec St205 drift car so here it is.

I bought my Celica in 2009, and decided to turn it into a Drift car in December 2016 after spending the last year going everywhere sideways in a v8 Nissan Stagea

First issue was the front subframe being smack in the way, so I had to notch it out and box it back in

Next thing that needed sorting was the gap to the firewall, sorted by cutting a massive hole, and planning to fill back in with new firewall further back

I decided I'd swap the super strut front end for a MacPherson strut off an st202 I'm breaking, so had to adapt the hubs of the st202 for the St205 front brakes to fit

I spent a whole weekend making engine mounts and welding them together and to the chassis, only to figure out later on that they wouldn't work very well for packaging reasons so Chopped them off and threw them in the bin, then came up with the crossbar under the front of the sump (don't worry there's a 7mm gap) and being solid mounted to the chassis

This weekend I've managed to get the steering rack mounted

And also managed to cut the tunnel out where needed to test fit the is200 gearbox to the 1uzfe mock up engine

The propshaft has also been cut to length with the is200 front spline and U/J ready to be welded up once I've felttled the joint a bit, no pictures unfortunately frown.gif

Future plans are fuel cell in the rear, finish up the turbo manifolds, custom wiring harness for the entire car, tube frame front end and general Drift tweaks.

--------------------
'96 UK SPEC GT-4 - Blitz SUS intake, Forged Engine, Whiteline ARB, COMPLETELY Stripped out. FUN
Soon: 3inch CAT back exhaust completely empty, Refurbed Alessio Rims, HIDS, too much to list
EVENTUAL Aim: 400hp @ wheels if turbo'd 325-350 if supercharged.

Start new topic
Replies
post Apr 9, 2017 - 5:19 AM
+Quote Post
The_enD

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '13
From Bulgaria
Currently Offline

Why didn't you just get a Supra?

--------------------
FS thread : Custom Celica parts made to order + more

Click the image to visit my FB page

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 5:21 AM