> 1999 Celica GT with VVT-I Inside, new video up 8/6/22
post Oct 19, 2014 - 11:24 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

since it was near impossible to find a 240km/h white Australian speedometer facce gauge without buying the whole cluster i went this route:

When exhaust was hitting Toe Hitch (since this exhaust is made and fitted for Curren/Coupe Celica)

After, still hits crash bar but not toe hitch biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Feb 2, 2017 - 12:52 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Apr 28, 2015 - 8:33 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Who knows when I'll install these. Got to get my super strut sway bar....

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Apr 29, 2015 - 10:12 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

they look very similar to the wheels already on the car....just a size bigger yeah?

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Jun 30, 2015 - 1:24 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

will be installing these things soon. Installed the superstrut, the oil filled cartridges on the shocks are pretty much done for so, one side is stiffer than the other. Also my right figure 8 link is going out so it clunks half the time I drive it. I've noticed reduced torque steering, but haven't pushed the car around corners because I have no front or rear sway bars yet and have yet to get an alignment

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Aug 16, 2015 - 5:40 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Nov 24, 2015 - 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Had the camber control links rebuilt by the guys in Poland, since shipping ended up being more than I expected. Overall it was $50 cheaper than buy them new from TCB parts. Had to wait 3 weeks, but sometimes they have some in stock and they can send you the refurbished ones and you send them your old ones.

So after 105 days of not driving the car around I get this

Beams axles(wasn't able to install the passenger side because threads were slightly smashed and no shop had a big enough tool for it, ill put it on later. The section between the axle bracket on passenger side and where it plugs into transmission is 5mm thicker vs McPherson axle. And of course they have more bearings according to Mr 2grfe dead pic links!

Also ST205 sway bar

KOSEI K6R wheels in 17X8 with +36 offset @ 18lbs wrapped in Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 in a 215/45R17

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Dec 19, 2015 - 3:13 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Nov 24, 2015 - 10:27 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

new or rebuilt struts?

--------------------
post Nov 24, 2015 - 11:58 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

hey i recongnize that bumper. If you have the super strut, why arent u using the gt4 calipers....?

do you like super strut?....

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Nov 25, 2015 - 2:51 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (enderswift @ Nov 24, 2015 - 11:27 PM) *
new or rebuilt struts?

Can't you tell by the new ball joints, painted strut and Toyota box that they are new. You did see the info I added to super strut measurements thread?!

The only shops that rebuild shocks are off-road places for A TV and dirt bike and those 4 wheel drive golf cart looking things. They can easily do them for super strut but when I called a few they said no. It's just the rubber seals that get worn is all. I'm sure bringing it to their shop personally would make them do it without second guess

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Nov 25, 2015 - 12:58 AM) *
If you have the super strut, why arent u using the gt4 calipers....?

do you like super strut?....

I don't see the need for such huge brakes on a car that doesn't see the track. If I do decide to prepare far for track I'll just buy some gt4 knuckles, but I just pressed my bearing into these ST202 knuckles a few months back before the car sat for over 3 months.

It's hard to say how much I like it. I can notice quicker steering response even before my new wheel and tire combo got put on. But have yet to take my car to a local canyon road.

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Nov 25, 2015 - 2:55 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Nov 26, 2015 - 6:36 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Well SS3 stock pads and twin piston calipers feel good. No vibrations into steering wheel and the stock SS3 pads have more initial bite over Toyota ST204 pads.

Did two launches @ 4,000 rpm and one @ 4,500 rpm. Only felt a Little bit of torque steer at 4500 rpm launch. Yet still have yet to go to a canyon area.

2nd gear reaches 60mph @ 7,000rpm with new tire/wheel combo. Could of went with a 225 width tire but would of made gears even longer.

I'm real happy with this 99 5sfe automatic to 99 SS3 manual converted Celica. If only I could find a super strut abs sensor. Wonder how they react to road conditions

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Nov 26, 2015 - 6:37 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jan 1, 2016 - 11:21 PM
+Quote Post
DIONYZUZ

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 29, '09
From Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Nov 26, 2015 - 7:36 PM) *
Well SS3 stock pads and twin piston calipers feel good. No vibrations into steering wheel and the stock SS3 pads have more initial bite over Toyota ST204 pads.

Did two launches @ 4,000 rpm and one @ 4,500 rpm. Only felt a Little bit of torque steer at 4500 rpm launch. Yet still have yet to go to a canyon area.

2nd gear reaches 60mph @ 7,000rpm with new tire/wheel combo. Could of went with a 225 width tire but would of made gears even longer.

I'm real happy with this 99 5sfe automatic to 99 SS3 manual converted Celica. If only I could find a super strut abs sensor. Wonder how they react to road conditions

Did you do the toyota Avalon caliper mod or ss III caliper mod? I read your posts on a previous thread about it but it was not clear. I'm looking to get rid of these silly single piston front brakes and put on some dual pistons. What do you think are the best parts to throw on with some dual piston calipers?

This post has been edited by DIONYZUZ: Jan 1, 2016 - 11:22 PM
post Jan 2, 2016 - 5:09 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

I see lots of win.

I missed a lot, and just caught up. Good stuff, Sir!
post Mar 6, 2016 - 7:57 PM
+Quote Post
BirdDreams

Enthusiast

Joined Mar 6, '16
From PA - USA
Currently Offline

So I have a 99 Celica GT. I have access to a Beams 3SFE with transmission with wiring harness what else do I need to get this into my car?
post Mar 8, 2016 - 10:48 PM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BirdDreams @ Mar 6, 2016 - 7:57 PM) *
So I have a 99 Celica GT. I have access to a Beams 3SFE with transmission with wiring harness what else do I need to get this into my car?

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=91456
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=91467

Read those^

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Sep 6, 2016 - 11:54 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

restoration here I come. lets see if i can take featured celica. Project time goal: March 13 2017

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Jan 7, 2017 - 4:19 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Oct 12, 2016 - 6:55 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Finally pulled the motor yay progress.

Front and Rear motor mounts after 55,000 miles. you can see how much more the rear one takes a beating. (time for an upgrade)

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Oct 13, 2016 - 11:05 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Bad driver. Lol. Nice to see the old folks doing real work on their cars...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Feb 1, 2017 - 1:32 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

all updates will be vlog style... first one. raw sorry for crap quality its just a nikon coolpix p90 camera. perhaps i'll start recording with my a gro pro hero 4 or borrow my brothers SLR....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BrrNcbxaEg

My Old Exhaust Set up(had to upload to my current channel, lost the view count)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pND6pQ8Ugw

back in 2011. (had to reupload as well, almost had 62,000 views, nooo!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCNEiOL0obM

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Feb 27, 2017 - 3:14 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Feb 2, 2017 - 3:34 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

why the tube.

--------------------

post Feb 2, 2017 - 4:56 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Feb 2, 2017 - 3:34 PM) *
why the tube.

Seems to me Like Im the only 6gc member to ever have videos dedicated to the rebuild. everyone takes pictures and description which can get quite repetitive and boring.

So i said hey, i'll be the first one to start recording. Im just venturing outside the normal. I don't even see any videos for the 7th gen celica restorations on youtube.

I"ll still take pictures and post here, but most of it will be videos.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Feb 2, 2017 - 5:14 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Welcome to the vlog Norberto. I think it's an interesting approach and feels more interactive.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

19 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 3:18 AM