> mattjw UK st205 project
post Feb 6, 2012 - 5:17 PM
+Quote Post
mattjw

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 6, '12
From leamington spa, UK
Currently Offline

hello all, just signed up, thought a project thread was probably the best start biggrin.gif

heres how she looked when i bought her in november 2010 -

opted for a few changes, vinyl front plate, late spec rear lights and a few other bits and pieces to tidy it up around the edges

then a new exhaust system went on, BC Coilovers and a few other bits such as Forge BOV, Apexi Induction kit and a GReddy turbo timer. I also sprayed the wheels black as I knew the new wheels were soon to be fitted and I wanted to detract from the horror that is the TSW Venom!

Now all we needed were some sexy concave 6 spoke 9.5j 18" Rota Grid Drifts saved from an uncaring impreza owner, refurbished by myself and resprayed bronze, wrapped in stretched Falken FK452s, thrown under some heavily pulled arches with 5mm spacer up front, 20mm at the rear -

How they looked when i got them (test fit showed the need for spacing them out, and u may also notice this is pre-coilovers) -

Now im doing my best to steer clear of any obvious aesthetic mods, going along the 'road-worthy track weapon' approach i want to stay away from non-oem bodykits and anything too fussy form wise. Since the above photos i now have huge white Falken tyre lettering (which looks ridiculous but i love it!) Next on the to do list are some interior alterations, a nice dished suede 330mm wheel, maybe a full interior strip and some bride buckets, a rear diffuser of some description and possibly a c-one front splitter. Along with just keeping her running sweet and fixing the bits that go wrong of course biggrin.gif

Thanks for reading!

--------------------

^ Design Portfolio ^
post Feb 6, 2012 - 5:23 PM
+Quote Post
RoyO

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 8, '09
From Netherlands
Currently Offline

Very nice car!! Good modifications! smile.gif
post Feb 6, 2012 - 5:50 PM
+Quote Post
kurt95gt

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 23, '11
From kenton ohio
Currently Offline

Looks amazing
those rims look sweet you did a great job
Keep up the good work

--------------------
95 gt coupe, v6 swap weekend toy
99 gt hatch beams swapped wife's
94 st hatch my daily driver
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82235
n
post Feb 6, 2012 - 11:25 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

Awesome you finally joined! Glad to have you.

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Feb 7, 2012 - 12:52 AM
+Quote Post
HectortheRican

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '09
From Albuquerque, NM
Currently Offline

So. Gorgeous.

--------------------
taking too long to mod since '09
June '12 COTM
'95 AT200
post Feb 7, 2012 - 1:46 AM
+Quote Post
199celica

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 29, '11
From chino, Ca
Currently Offline

wow that thing is really clean it should be on the 2013 calender if we make another in my opinion
post Feb 7, 2012 - 2:44 AM
+Quote Post
UndaGrwnD

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 16, '11
From The Netherlands
Currently Offline

sick rims !

what specs are the rims and tires ?

got some engine bay pics ?

This post has been edited by UndaGrwnD: Feb 7, 2012 - 3:00 AM
post Feb 7, 2012 - 4:19 PM
+Quote Post
mattjw

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 6, '12
From leamington spa, UK
Currently Offline

rims specs are: 18x9.5j, 5x100 offset et35 (i think), tyres Falken FK452 225/40/18s.

only engine bay photo i have is this one showing the new turbo (oil seals went in the original) and the decat fitted -

and the only shot i have of it with tyre lettering from last week at Ace Cafe London -

--------------------

^ Design Portfolio ^
post Feb 7, 2012 - 4:29 PM
+Quote Post
UndaGrwnD

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 16, '11
From The Netherlands
Currently Offline

Very nice stance man! No rubbing probs?
post Feb 7, 2012 - 5:37 PM
+Quote Post
mattjw

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 6, '12
From leamington spa, UK
Currently Offline

yes rubbing probs! but only over aweful bumps in the road at speed, rarely during cornering or over speedbumps at low speeds so i can live with it. i have raised it since i first fitted the BC coilovers as i bought the car to drive 1st and look good 2nd, its no good having an AWD turbo weapon and not being able to corner in it!

--------------------

^ Design Portfolio ^
post Feb 7, 2012 - 7:02 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Looks great, although let me just say -1 for Rotas...but +20 for fitment. I am rather curious how you did the tyre lettering; I tried mine with a generic automotive-store chalk, which looks great, until it rubs off five minutes later.

I don't mind those original wheels either, they look nice in black. They'd make a good candidate for orange on my car.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Feb 7, 2012 - 7:03 PM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Feb 8, 2012 - 12:26 AM
+Quote Post
Mycurse180

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 23, '10
From PA, USA
Currently Offline

Nicest Celica I've seen on this site hands down.

You, sir, have taste!
post Feb 8, 2012 - 2:06 AM
+Quote Post
UndaGrwnD

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 16, '11
From The Netherlands
Currently Offline

+1 on that!

i tought that 9.5J would be to wide for a st205...but you even put spacers on it!
post Feb 8, 2012 - 3:52 PM
+Quote Post
dudeofchaos

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 9, '08
From Blainville
Currently Offline

Man this is sick! I want mine pretty much like yours, but mine is white wink.gif Keep up the good work, car def looks insane!
post Feb 8, 2012 - 4:21 PM
+Quote Post
mattjw

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 6, '12
From leamington spa, UK
Currently Offline

tyre lettering was sprayed on with a white primer, manipulated the Falken logo on photoshop so it wrapped around an 18" diameter circle in the size i wanted it, printed it out and cut it out with a scalpal then spray mounted it onto the tyre. This would have worked even better if i hadnt done it with the wheels still on the car outside in the wind and just as the sun went down!

dudeofchaos - this wheel and stance setup was always my plan but i spent ages looking for a white one before i settled for black, white will always be my favourite colour for the st205. Storm grey as a second choice although ive never seen one in the flesh, i do like a sexy dark grey on a car though.

--------------------

^ Design Portfolio ^
post Feb 10, 2012 - 1:01 AM
+Quote Post
dudeofchaos

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 9, '08
From Blainville
Currently Offline

QUOTE (mattjw @ Feb 8, 2012 - 6:21 PM) *
tyre lettering was sprayed on with a white primer, manipulated the Falken logo on photoshop so it wrapped around an 18" diameter circle in the size i wanted it, printed it out and cut it out with a scalpal then spray mounted it onto the tyre. This would have worked even better if i hadnt done it with the wheels still on the car outside in the wind and just as the sun went down!

dudeofchaos - this wheel and stance setup was always my plan but i spent ages looking for a white one before i settled for black, white will always be my favourite colour for the st205. Storm grey as a second choice although ive never seen one in the flesh, i do like a sexy dark grey on a car though.

Haha, I've always wanted a black Gt-Four, though I got myself a white one (which was my 2nd option) and finally Idk if I'd change for a black one if I could hehe.
post Feb 10, 2012 - 8:51 AM
+Quote Post
williamw1987

Enthusiast

Joined Aug 10, '11
From England
Currently Offline

QUOTE (mattjw @ Feb 8, 2012 - 4:21 PM) *

Car looks great dude. Always admired it when I saw your thread on CCUK. Those Grids + BC Coilovers look incredible! Storm Grey is a great colour for the Four. I have one myself and think it suits perfectly. I've only ever seen 1 other car in the same colour though! Here is a pic of mine with it's old wheels on (now got rota forces).

This post has been edited by williamw1987: Feb 10, 2012 - 8:52 AM
post Feb 10, 2012 - 11:05 AM
+Quote Post
UndaGrwnD

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 16, '11
From The Netherlands
Currently Offline

yes, nice color
post Feb 11, 2012 - 12:33 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

wow simply clean!!! I really like it biggrin.gif

i think some oem sideskirts would compliment it quite well!!

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Feb 11, 2012 - 7:45 AM
+Quote Post
Sunny

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 15, '10
From Austria
Currently Offline

Hi,

great car mate, does i ask you what kind of suspension aligment you drive? i also use BC in my car and tested a lot in 2011

greetz

--------------------
KEEP COOL UNDER PRESSURE

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:38 AM