post Sep 16, 2014 - 10:31 AM
+Quote Post
timbo16

Enthusiast

Joined Jul 18, '13
From Ontario
Currently Offline

QUOTE (skogs @ Sep 12, 2014 - 5:12 PM) *
Finally, the car has been mapped, but i suspect it is not optimal. Its harder to start, uses more fuel and its useless below 1500rpm. I talked to the mechanic about the last problem, and he just answered " youre not supposed to drive at 1500, so it doesnt matter".

When cruising the AFR shows 10-12. Same conditions with the stock ecu it was around 14-15. If i slowly apply the throttle when driving below 1500rpm, it suddenly jerks forward. Above 3krpm it has got way more power, but drivability has taken a serious hit.

That's unfortunate. A well tuned car on a standalone should be just as drive-able as it was with the stock ecu. I can't tell from the previous posts if you only did the road tune but I would recommend a proper dyno tune.
When it comes to tuning the car it's worth the money to have it done right and by a well known and experienced tuner.
I hope you get it resolved! I plan on going with a standalone as well so I am definitely interested in your setup!

--------------------
1994 Toyota Supra RZ - Weekend Warrior - 715rwhp
post Sep 18, 2014 - 10:53 PM
+Quote Post
cardshark525

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 12, '09
From State College, PA
Currently Offline

Technically the mechanic is right. Really shouldn't be below 2k RPM when driving or else pretty much ANY car will bog down.

As far as your AFR... that should be 14.7 unless you're boosting so you are running extremely rich which can cause other problems down the road besides terrible fuel economy and lack of power down low.

The car running on a standalone should react pretty much the same as on the stock ecu up until 3k when you hit boost, and should destroy stock mapping from there to redline.

Under a proper tune you should actually be getting better gas mileage (obviously with normal driving characteristics), then you had before the setup was effectively optimized and it's full potential was realized with the standalone.

This post has been edited by cardshark525: Sep 18, 2014 - 10:58 PM
post Sep 21, 2014 - 3:43 PM
+Quote Post
skogs

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 19, '08
From Norway
Currently Offline

I have been working on this myself for a while now, and the low end is starting to behave proper good. In a few days i will take it on a dyno, and have real professionals tune the ignition timing. I will be posting details on that in my new project-thread.

This post has been edited by skogs: Sep 21, 2014 - 3:44 PM
post Oct 11, 2014 - 5:17 AM
+Quote Post
jbod

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 15, '10
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

The difference between a standalone and factory ecu is very clear. When you put your foot down the car will boogy not think about it. In the ten st205s i have had i have put a power fc in three of them. My
Current one still has one. It is a must if you have the $ (:

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:11 PM