> St204 Kouki
post Jun 27, 2013 - 2:42 AM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

I love my 1999 Celica gt biggrin.gif it has that driving feeling that other cara don't. The fun!!!!!
post Jun 27, 2013 - 7:44 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Let's here some more about it then! biggrin.gif

And pics too... Cars run on gas, 6GC runs on pics!!! tongue.gif

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!
post Sep 7, 2013 - 2:47 AM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

I wanna let everyone know that I just purchased a full 3sge 3d gen full swap with ecu and uncut harness and trans only things missin are intake box and down pipe so please give me advice how hard is it to swap? What parts like belts and water pump I can get from? 3sgte same part numbers? For usdm?
Also swap guides? Or other people that have done this swap? smile.gif I'm so excited pix tomorrow
post Sep 7, 2013 - 3:32 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (mi645 @ Sep 7, 2013 - 3:47 AM) *
I wanna let everyone know that I just purchased a full 3sge 3d gen full swap with ecu and uncut harness and trans only things missin are intake box and down pipe so please give me advice how hard is it to swap? What parts like belts and water pump I can get from? 3sgte same part numbers? For usdm?
Also swap guides? Or other people that have done this swap? smile.gif I'm so excited pix tomorrow

redface.gif redface.gif redface.gif

1st: Listen to the podcasts.

2nd: Read the stickies.

3rd: Read some project threads.

... then LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Sep 7, 2013 - 9:42 PM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

Well I was looking someone knew how to get the JDM parts thru Toyota what usdm parts are compatable?
post Nov 25, 2013 - 6:30 PM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

i havent posted on my thread for a while but i have tons of pictures coming soon ill try to add them tonight, but lets start with this so i realized i had some sort of after market part on my intake avis area, and i was looking for some parts today online and i randomly found the part thats on my intake, it says its discontinued,
http://www.nengun.com/top-fuel/power-deck-spacer heres the link.
post Nov 25, 2013 - 8:29 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (mi645 @ Nov 25, 2013 - 7:30 PM) *
i havent posted on my thread for a while but i have tons of pictures coming soon ill try to add them tonight, but lets start with this so i realized i had some sort of after market part on my intake avis area, and i was looking for some parts today online and i randomly found the part thats on my intake, it says its discontinued,

Ahh yes, power deck spacers... they're nifty smile.gif Very popular in the UK where the standard GT model has the 3rd gen 3S-GE engine... looking forward to pics smile.gif

--------------------

post Nov 26, 2013 - 12:08 AM
+Quote Post
H8TRAIN

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '13
From Cal Bay Area
Currently Offline

QUOTE (mi645 @ Nov 25, 2013 - 6:30 PM) *

Hey congrats! that's exactly the swap I'm trying to get right now. Have you got it in and running? Where'd you get the motor?
post Nov 26, 2013 - 2:19 AM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

no but it will be going in the car very soon this weekend hopefully im just trying to figure out the axle issue, im running an e56 transmission and idk what axles i can use.
post Nov 26, 2013 - 4:17 PM
+Quote Post
H8TRAIN

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '13
From Cal Bay Area
Currently Offline

Can you tell me a little about the wiring? It's reported to be very easy but I can't find info anywhere about what exactly (however little) needs to be changed.
post Nov 29, 2013 - 1:14 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I know you've got a clean chassis and some mods done. Post some pictures!

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Nov 29, 2013 - 1:19 PM
+Quote Post
mkernz22

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '10
From MA
Currently Offline

You need to post some pictures up so we can see what you have, otherwise we really cannot help all that much!
Is it the Red Top 3SGE with the VVT-i or just the regular 3sge?

Also, the wiring is very simple from what I heard. All you have to do is splice a couple wires.
Richee3 and Batman722 would know what needs to be done for wiring
post Nov 30, 2013 - 1:08 AM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

Honestly I use my iPhone to post on forum, I honestly don't know how to post pictures here that's why, and Id love to show you guys
post Dec 1, 2013 - 5:03 AM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

So I've fixed the fuel line issue, but now putting the motor back together, the vaccum lines on top r scaring me
post Dec 1, 2013 - 8:10 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

I would go to the yards and get mr2 axles and v6 camry axles to play

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 8, 2013 - 2:14 PM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

which axle combo works? cuz i tried to buy mr2 axle from napa they sold me ones that dont even have allen key bolts it was a completely different axle, and good news im uploading pictures right now for everyone.
post Dec 8, 2013 - 2:37 PM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

before i pulled the 5sfe

This post has been edited by mi645: Dec 8, 2013 - 2:38 PM
post Dec 8, 2013 - 3:19 PM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

pulling the motor!! =/ pain in the ass when ur alone lol.

so i called for help from my cousin and friend in rescue!

and its out!!!!

attention important detail i hope (my e56 transmission the axles were cut, the shifter cables were cut also, here are a set of celica ST shift cables 1.8 usdm, they are the same, and they are on my car now with the e56 trans and it shifts!!!

my good friend Robert, i made him detail my fire wall and subframe as he is a neat freak, also my 5sfe axle was leaking grease so i made him clean it up hahaha!

here is a pic of when he first got his car (i couldnt have done the swap without him thank you roberto!, also neal but i dont have any pics of him lol.

roberts clean subaru impreza RS our current project also.

goodbye 5sfe you shall be missed.

cleaning up the bay

the difference of the E56 transmission rear mount and the factory s54 mount, completely different angles, but same mounting point, i doubt anyone is gonna use the e56 trans but just in case here you go!

Rob models the mount for a close up picture lol

also some pics of what kind of suspension im running, twos r us end links front and rear, st sway bars , and megan racing coilovers (too stiff)

my friend was cleaning up our garage (room mate) and he was tossing scion xa brake lines for the rear and guess what we came into lol, steel braided line from the scion xa for rear brakes work for our clutch lines!!

do not make fun of my hair please i am egyptian this is how i was born =/ lol, here im installing the 5sfe AC compressor on my 3sge, i did not trust the jdm 1 to be working.

here is a pic of the 3sge rev 3 ready to be dropped and the 5sfe is jealous next to it.

3sge rev 3 with HKS header, down pipe, and full catback system and decat pipe. thank you FORGMAN you are trully blessed! wink.gif

here you are rev 3 3sge in my car, still cleaning up the wiring, and other small issues, but the motor does turn on and run.

a pic with bad lighting sorry, can you guys see the power deck spacer from here? i forgot to take a pic of that.

i have more pictures coming, but if anyone here has any question please let me know, im still learning everyday about this car, but i absolutely love it!
post Dec 8, 2013 - 3:39 PM
+Quote Post
H8TRAIN

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '13
From Cal Bay Area
Currently Offline

Bravo! If you could tell me a bit about the wiring that would be great! All I've seen is that it's easy. Did you have to make any changes at all? Or did the 3sge harness plug right up?
post Dec 8, 2013 - 4:27 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

did u ever get it running, sorry i was not of great help that looks very good. you killed the mojo when you asked about no hair jokes, lol....

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 2:08 PM