6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> '98 Celica GT: The Continuation...., Dun dun duuuunnnnnn.....
post Sep 3, 2019 - 11:37 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

I just realized the lower speaker grill is a different design between the 6-speaker and the 8-speaker.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Sep 3, 2019 - 11:41 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

Yup. Plastic grate vs metal grill. I was thinking about converting mine to 8 speaker. I think I can find everything but the driver side 4" cover.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Oct 11, 2019 - 12:00 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Quick update before the site goes down again:

Got another 5SFE and ST185 3SGTE harness in and sent them off to Doug at WireGap a couple of weeks ago. Waiting on his e-mail to let me know when he's going to start the merge so I can tell him to shut up and take my money.

Found out that the wheels I wanted are being discontinued in the colour I want, so I went ahead and placed an order for those before it's too late. Hopefully they'll be here in January.

I finally started a new, stable job last week, so my year of being funemployed has come to an end. That now means moar moniez for car parts, but less time to work on my car. Hopefully by Black Friday, I'll have enough saved up for my standalone and the rest of my fuel system.

List of last remaining major-ish parts (I think):

-Link G4 Plug-and-play ECU
-BTI CAN gauge. (Need to double check with Brandon to see if he's still offering them for the Link standalones since they're listed on his site, but can't be purchased.)
-4 Bar map sensor
-FID1000cc injectors (unless they've updated and replaced these with bigger ones). Should be good for about 480hp on corn juice according to my tuner.
-Walbro 450 E85 fuel pump
-RacerX fuel rail
-ATS Racing cold start injector block-off plate

The car is so close to getting done that I can taste it, but at the same time, it feels so far away. Hopefully I can get it running by the 2-year-anniversary-of-ownership mark.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Oct 11, 2019 - 1:51 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Congrats on the new job! smile.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 11, 2019 - 1:52 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Oct 11, 2019 - 1:00 AM) *
I finally started a new, stable job last week, so my year of being funemployed has come to an end. That now means moar moniez for car parts, but less time to work on my car. Hopefully by Black Friday, I'll have enough saved up for my standalone and the rest of my fuel system.

Congrats bro! I know how you feel about that. I'm still in contract but most people here at my work-place has been contract-to-hire so I'm not too worried. Indeed I have seen myself buying more and more parts now that I have good OT money to spend on the car lol. And I didn't even think about Black Friday!

This post has been edited by TimeslideZ: Oct 11, 2019 - 1:53 PM
post Oct 13, 2019 - 8:48 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Oct 11, 2019 - 1:51 AM) *
Congrats on the new job! smile.gif

QUOTE (TimeslideZ @ Oct 11, 2019 - 1:52 PM) *
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Oct 11, 2019 - 1:00 AM) *

Congrats bro! I know how you feel about that. I'm still in contract but most people here at my work-place has been contract-to-hire so I'm not too worried. Indeed I have seen myself buying more and more parts now that I have good OT money to spend on the car lol. And I didn't even think about Black Friday!

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I'm trying not to be impulsive with my purchases just yet since I'm wanting to clear out some other debts first. Hopefully I can handle these overnight projects work is tossing at me so it'll add to my OT.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Oct 15, 2019 - 9:20 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Got the oil feed and return lines made. I kinda ****ed up the finish on the fittings when I made them, but eh. They'll hardly be visible once installed, so won't bother me. I'll eventually need to make lines for my catch can as well.

Hopefully on Friday, I'll be able to get around to putting these on the car and getting the downpipe and one of the AC lines wrapped along with pulling my old harness off. Work schedule has been kind of unpredictable so far with when my shift ends, so we'll see how things go.

Small progress is some progress.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Oct 15, 2019 - 10:17 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I've decided it's futile to try and make a car 100% perfect, unless you get it to that point then hermetically seal it. laugh.gif If it works and doesn't look sketchy that's all you can really ask for.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 23, 2019 - 8:30 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Fuel rail came in today AND they included some Big League gum with it. I haven't had this gum since I was a kid. Harness also came in right after the rail got dropped off. Pay day is Friday, so I should be ordering my injectors and pump. Decided to go for FID (Fuel Injector Development) 1000cc since they're a bit cheaper compared to the Injector Dynamic counterpart by about $175, so that difference will go towards the cost of the fuel pump.

My work schedule has been pretty "nice" lately, so it should allow me some time to work on my car when I'm done with my shift. We're getting cloooossseeeee...

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Oct 23, 2019 - 10:35 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Wooo parts and gum!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 24, 2019 - 3:14 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Was just thinking, reminds me of ordering stuff from Sweetwater since they always put candies in with your order. It's the small touches.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 16, 2019 - 12:16 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

So not a whole lot has happened since the last update. I've been ordering a bunch of small fittings here and there to finalize my fuel plumbing route. I also ordered an AEM X-line wideband per my tuner's recommendation along with my FID1000cc injectors only to realize that I was sent 11MM injectors instead of 14MM, so I'm waiting on the 14MM top hats to arrive.

Still need to order my standalone and my CAN gauge, but I'm getting there slowly, but surely. Hopefully next week I can place an order for those.

My fuel pump arrived yesterday, so today, I managed to sneak in some time to at least swap out the pump.

It was kind of a hassle due to that plastic bucket thing that surrounds the pump since the Walbro pump is bigger than the OEM pump. At least that's sorted and out of the way.

I also found out that the oil return line that I made was a wee bit too long, so I'll need to find some time this weekend to shorten it down a bit.

Hopefully next week I can have the old harness pulled off so I can run the new one.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Nov 23, 2019 - 1:00 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Got some more spare time today after work to do more fuel work on the Celica.

Pulled the factory fuel rail out along with the cold start injector.

The only thing that was a pain in the ass about this was sitting the injector seats into the head, so to make life a hair bit easier, I pulled the harness and the valve cover out of the way.

ATS Racing makes a plate that replaces the cold-start injector in favor of an IAT sensor, so that make life a little convenient.

Also pulled the old harness off to drop in the new harness I got from Doug. You can see how much cleaner it is compared to the old one on the left. There's a couple of things I still need to change on the harness, but it's pretty much ready. I'll need to shorten the length on the MAF plug, extend one of the transmission plugs, re-pin the alternator to the newer oval style, and then there's a plastic cover over part of the harness by the transmission that I'm not sure how it's mounted, so I may just go ahead and pull it off and figure out what I'm going to do with it.

Got most of it buttoned on. I'll have to come back later with some zip ties to clean up the wiring by the injectors and wire in the IAT sensor.

Also decided to pull the eBay oil filter relocation thing out for the time being and just plug the spot with a temp Fram filter to prevent water from going into the motor when it rains.

Still have a lot more crap to do, but finding time during the week is tough. I ordered my standalone the other day and it's currently getting a base map installed. I'm told it'll be shipped out from ATS on Monday once Scott is done setting that up. I ordered my BTI CAN gauge this morning as soon as my paycheck dropped in. lol Should be here in a couple of weeks as he's about a week behind on orders.

For those who don't know what the BTI CAN gauge is, you can find more info HERE.

Would've been nice if he was able to get a 3.5" display for the Link, but I can live with the 52mm gauge.

I think that about sums it up for the day...

This post has been edited by NgoFcukinWay: Nov 23, 2019 - 1:03 AM

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Feb 13, 2020 - 12:04 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Not much has happened since the last update.

Standalone came in...

and then went straight back out for some additions.

Realized that I didn't have any additional inputs to run on the factory harness to add a fuel pressure, oil pressure, and a flex fuel sensor, so I sent the ECU back along with the auxiliary harness that I bought back to ATS Racing so Scott can work is magic and make me a harness that'll include all of those along with the AEM Wideband since I won't be using the factory narrowband on this car. Wiring loom looks gorgeous and I can't wait to get it into the car.

Did a few other things while the ECU was being worked on:

Swapped out and shortened the connector for the IAT that has replaced the cold start injector. Hope I didn't **** it up and wired the IAT to the wrong pins. lol

I didn't take a picture of it, but I did swap out the map sensor connector for the Delphi ones so I can use my AEM 5 bar sensor. If anyone needs an OEM 3SGTE map sensor, let me know. I think I have a spare one.

Also swapped out and shorted the alternator plug from the old circle connector to the oval one.

I crudely wrapped the downpipe in some DEI titanium wrap. Hopefully it does the job and doesn't burn the AC rubber line it's leaning up against. lol

I bought a carbon fiber intake tube from MR2Heaven hoping that it'll work, but no dice, so I sent it back and will need to fabricate my own.

BTI CAN gauge also came in and I got that mounted into the DCW triple gauge pod. Will get pics of that later.

I think that about sums it up so far. I just need to get water and power steering rubber lines now, figure out what I'm going to do about the AC fan, and mount my fuel pressure regulator, flex fuel sensor, and boost solenoid, but other than that, that should about do it before I clock the turbo compressor housing and start to fab together intercooler piping. I'll probably need to take a day off from work to really focus on that rather than find pockets of time on the weekend to work on the car.

This post has been edited by NgoFcukinWay: Feb 13, 2020 - 12:05 AM

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Feb 13, 2020 - 8:48 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Sweet......

So, you think it'll be running by spring?

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Feb 13, 2020 - 7:15 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

hopefully. At least a first crank or something by spring just to know that it's not all jacked up.

I'm probably gonna take the 28th off from work to dedicate a whole day to it.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Feb 14, 2020 - 8:36 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

It's amazing what a single day can yield.

I'm convinced that it's the only real reason my junk is back together.

This post has been edited by bloodMoney: Feb 14, 2020 - 8:37 AM

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Feb 14, 2020 - 11:26 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

indeed. I just to keep an eye on the weather and see how it goes, cuz my car sits outside and that's where I work on it.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Feb 15, 2020 - 10:46 AM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Feb 13, 2020 - 6:15 PM) *
hopefully. At least a first crank or something by spring just to know that it's not all jacked up.

Completely off topic, But I would love to see this car in action once its running. You gonna do some TX2K/1320 style stuff?
post Feb 15, 2020 - 11:07 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Lorelei6gc @ Feb 15, 2020 - 9:46 AM) *
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Feb 13, 2020 - 6:15 PM) *

Completely off topic, But I would love to see this car in action once its running. You gonna do some TX2K/1320 style stuff?

Like drag racing/highway pulls? I don't really care too much for it. I'd like to build the Celica more for street class road racing/time attack. Same with my Supra. Living at TX2K home base, there's a ****load of cars out there making way more power than I care to dump money into to chase.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:16 PM