> The GT-Four Brake Upgrade, ST205 Brake Upgrade for 5x100 & 5x114 PCB
post Nov 25, 2013 - 9:53 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

That's actually really smart......wheel spacer with proper bore and a drill press. Technically you could get away with a standard drill but press makes life way better.

I'll have a picture step by step of this conversion in about two weeks
post Nov 25, 2013 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

yeah man, im tired of trying to get someone to do this. i have been dying to have a reason to buy a drill press, and this might be it...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Nov 26, 2013 - 4:32 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

just found this

subaru impreza sti

326 x 30 mm

hub 58

height 52.7

its 5 x 100. so its 2 mm shy of 32. but when we resurface gt4 rotors, thats prolly where they end up at...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Nov 26, 2013 - 9:37 AM
+Quote Post
Fate

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 30, '04
From Atlantic City
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Nov 25, 2013 - 9:00 PM) *
ok, classic example why i need to get my own tools, its stupid, in this town, no one wants to help. Jackson TN. How bad could it be, just need a jig, and a drill press. right?

ive got the jig already.

i like!

--------------------
post Nov 26, 2013 - 11:01 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (playr158 @ Nov 25, 2013 - 9:53 PM) *
I'll have a picture step by step of this conversion in about two weeks

we can combine to make....the ULTIMATE conversion thread!

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Nov 26, 2013 - 8:26 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Tiga, do you have a set of brake lines that already dont recommend. I know the slot is empty, i may start to look around, but wanted to see what u have tried.

I bought a wrx sti rotor today, for giggles. ill get it on the third. since no one here wants to redrill, i figure ill work my way with a bracket, if it even works, lol

--------------------

post Nov 26, 2013 - 10:14 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

326? isn't that too big for the GT4 setup?
I thought we were looking for 300mm?

I just got my Tap and drill bit today, standard from mcmastercarr is overnight for me biggrin.gif
Picking up everything else for my project at fastenal tomorrow am.

post Nov 26, 2013 - 10:28 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

yes i know, but it will be easier to get the rotor reduced in size than redrill to 5x100 in this damn town.

--------------------

post Nov 27, 2013 - 8:20 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

300mm MAX.

Let me throw that brake line info in, but ST205 lines will work if you can find them, or SS GT lines will fit (I used the rears in the front and the fronts in the rear since the fronts were getting close to stretching when at full lock, when switched they operate just fine)

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Nov 27, 2013 - 11:16 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Cool, I'll keep looking for those lines. Once I get the rotor in ill post the experience, lol this is the fifth rotor. After 2 supras I can't drill and 2 gt4 I don't want to use spacers on.

--------------------

post Nov 27, 2013 - 4:09 PM
+Quote Post
Trodai

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 23, '12
From Ireland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Nov 27, 2013 - 8:20 AM) *
300mm MAX.

Let me throw that brake line info in, but ST205 lines will work if you can find them, or SS GT lines will fit (I used the rears in the front and the fronts in the rear since the fronts were getting close to stretching when at full lock, when switched they operate just fine)

302mm will work also that what i have on my car well its act slightly larger but 302mm works well in mine..(mine are reduced st205 discs) , I would be wary of the pads you choose to use also as some have the braking material located differently on the backing plate and this can have you braking surface of the pad coming out over the top of the disc. have you looked into Vw discs they easily available to you over there? some of those are 300mm, Subaru seem to be the most common for this conversion

I can post pictures of my conversion of the Gt-four brakes on the st202 hubs if you like?

This post has been edited by Trodai: Nov 27, 2013 - 4:13 PM
post Nov 29, 2013 - 11:26 AM
+Quote Post
bnr32celica

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 16, '12
From 860, ct
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Trodai @ Nov 27, 2013 - 4:09 PM) *
300mm MAX.

302mm will work also that what i have on my car well its act slightly larger but 302mm works well in mine..(mine are reduced st205 discs) , I would be wary of the pads you choose to use also as some have the braking material located differently on the backing plate and this can have you braking surface of the pad coming out over the top of the disc. have you looked into Vw discs they easily available to you over there? some of those are 300mm, Subaru seem to be the most common for this conversion

I can post pictures of my conversion of the Gt-four brakes on the st202 hubs if you like?

VW makes a disc that's 288mm or 312mm. More than likely, Subaru would be likely to have an 11.9" (300mm) rotor that would fit.
post Nov 29, 2013 - 11:52 AM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Trodai @ Nov 27, 2013 - 5:09 PM) *
300mm MAX.

Yes, please post pics haha

What size disc spacers did you use for the front?

--------------------
post Nov 29, 2013 - 6:31 PM
+Quote Post
Trodai

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 23, '12
From Ireland
Currently Offline

my conversion (copied from my build trend in another form)
st202 wishbone with Polish bushes
st202 drop links.. (after working on a carlos a while back wondering will the st185 drop link fit? and same dimensions? i need to check this out)Updatewill be fitting Polish drop links when due replacig
st202 balljoint the size of the casting seems to differ in manufacters so some will be tighter than others some just wont fit with the full sized disc in oem fitting position
St202 front strut casing with koni inserts and st202 shock top and st182 spring rubbers( Springs will be changed back to St205 Oem or st205 trd
St205 caliper with mounting point machined to help mounting surface contact and allow disc clearance inside of caliper
1mm spacer made up to fit inside disc to help clear balljoint
st202 hub with the brackets threaded and custom grade 11 bolts(iirc they are same grade as oem anyway) made up so there is a shank that fits inside the st205 caliper hole so it has a good snug fit..., the st202 hub uses the same wheel bearing as the st205 so was happy with that.. i am also using st202 abs sensors,
st205 subframe
st202 ARB with Polish Arb bushings
st205 steering rack with modified st205 inner and outer tie rods
st205 disc reduced to 304mm diameter (would suggest going 1mm or 2mm smaller at this was slightly rubbing the retaining clip fro brake pad pins.
here are the pics

I have more if needed the bolts are grade m14x1.25mm grade 11

here is a picture of 2 different brand of brake pads as you can see one has less material that the other and is also lower placed on the backing plate

are the subaru discs not 295mm and 297mm? i will probably replace mine again with machined st205 discs but if i wasn't i am looking at Volvo discs 302mm diameter and 26mm thickness? even 296 supra discs?, Volkswagen Caravelle models have a 300mm vented disc
post Nov 30, 2013 - 10:43 PM
+Quote Post
99gt3sge

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 7, '11
From so cal
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Nov 26, 2013 - 5:32 AM) *
just found this

subaru impreza sti

326 x 30 mm

hub 58

height 52.7

its 5 x 100. so its 2 mm shy of 32. but when we resurface gt4 rotors, thats prolly where they end up at...

yeah that's what i was researching too, the 04 sti is really close to the gt specs but just larger in diameter, i was going to trim it down with my brake lathe. let me know how it works out. i still need to buy a set of calipers before i buy the rotor to play with.
post Dec 24, 2013 - 1:44 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

Just a thought....BRZ rotors are approximately 295x25.5 mm AND 5x100

This post has been edited by playr158: Dec 24, 2013 - 1:45 PM
post Dec 24, 2013 - 6:16 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

if you see newcelica.org there is a guy who bolted(without modification) on avensis caliper and 295mm rotor onto his 7th gen celica.

i don't know the thickness of the rotor though

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Dec 28, 2013 - 11:48 AM
+Quote Post
jeffrosie

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 11, '08
From Surrey Unitedkingdom
Currently Offline

Only 26mm thick.
post Dec 28, 2013 - 5:20 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

Honestly the 4mm or whatever is not going to make a difference. Thickness is really a marginal issue as it will be compensated for by the pads.

This post has been edited by playr158: Jan 14, 2014 - 2:30 PM
post Jan 12, 2014 - 9:05 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

ok, so the STI rotor sits awesome on the car, but the extra offset of 5 mm that clears the ball joint is so bad that makes the caliper seat not centered.

--------------------

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:39 AM