> Jax's ST204 Thread
post Jan 7, 2019 - 10:12 PM
+Quote Post
jaxx6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 2, '16
From Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Currently Offline

I figured I'd make a thread on how my 6GCs coming along. I have a 1997 Celica GT that started out as a rental car in Michigan. The original owner purchased it with around 30,000 Miles and brought it down to Louisiana. He put about 140k miles on it and blew up the engine. My buddy picked it up in 2013 and had a used 5S put it and also got it resprayed. Heres a picture right after he got it painted.

Sadly the shop broke the badges it came with. If you've got a set of gold badges hit me up. wink.gif After that, he drove it for another 60k miles. In mid 2016 he bought a miatia as a project car and got a fiesta ST. He didn't want to see it go to some random person and I needed a reliable daily so I picked it up. It was in pretty great condition. The only mods it had was a weapon R intake, tint and painted wheels. It also came with the original paperwork, manual, dealer brochures, business cards and window sticker. Here's the car the car right after I got it.

The first thing I did was replace the stereo, oil pressure gauge and give it a deep cleaning. I also tossed a 7G short throw shifter in. I drove it for a couple of years and modded it as I went along. The car had some issues and sat for a couple of months but I worked everything out and got it back on the road in late 2017. In August of 2018 I got backed into by an old lady in an F-150. She broke both passenger side headlights, dented my hood and cracked my bumper. I used the settlement to pick up a 95' ST from a member. It came with a ton of goodies including a full SS-III interior, hypersport floormats, SS-III tail lights, GT4 rear brace, TRD front brace, HIC Visor and toyota sunroof Visor. I swapped over the interior along with the door pannels, some other interior bits, a fender and headlights. I also tossed an old school badge on it.

I then got backed into again in October 2018. My hood was dented in more along with one of my highbeams and my bumper. I decided to sell the ST to a buddy who needed a reliable daily and used that money along with the second settlement to order some BC Racing coilovers and spacers.

I replaced the steering wheel with a 3 post from a Rav 4 and here's how it sits today.

It's come a long way since I picked it up. I've put 50k miles on it and enjoyed every single one! I didn't expect to ever do anything to my Celica but I kinda fell in love with it. I picked up some 5Zigen Pro Racer GN+ for a couple hundred dollars since. I'll update the thread once I get them on.

This post has been edited by jaxx6GC: Feb 5, 2019 - 12:21 PM
post Jan 8, 2019 - 11:26 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Cool beans, love the tiger seats.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jan 8, 2019 - 8:25 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Nice bro!!! Now you gotta get some wheels. Got any specifics on your mind?
post Jan 9, 2019 - 1:09 AM
+Quote Post
jaxx6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 2, '16
Currently Offline

I've got a set of bronze 5zigen Pro Racer GN+ that're 17x8.5 +48. I'm gonna get them on in a couple of days after I clean them up. I'm hoping they'll sit right with my 20mm spacers.
post Jan 9, 2019 - 9:59 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

glad to see you made it on here.
Celi looks great!

you might have to roll your fenders with the wheel setup you're going with. I have 7th gen wheels with 20mm spacers and they sit just about flush without having to roll my fenders.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jan 9, 2019 - 3:48 PM
+Quote Post
Yupe7

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '18
From Oregon
Currently Offline

Nice i love the seats are they the same side as the older one you had are they bigger
post Jan 9, 2019 - 6:01 PM
+Quote Post
jaxx6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 2, '16
Currently Offline

I actually followed your setup when I got my spacers. thumbsup.gif I figure I'll have to roll them but hopefully they'll fit until I can rent a roller. I'm gonna lift the car a couple of inches.
post Jan 9, 2019 - 6:28 PM
+Quote Post
jaxx6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 2, '16
Currently Offline

I picked up a set of 5zigen Pro Racer GN+ wheels for a pretty good deal. One of them has a mild bend in the lip but they held air just fine so I'm not terribly worried. I polished up the lips, tossed in some new valve stems and now I've just got to get them mounted up. Here's some before and after shots.

Before:

After:

I'm pretty pumped to ditch the stock wheels. Now I just gotta wait. lol
post Jan 10, 2019 - 11:10 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jaxx6GC @ Jan 9, 2019 - 2:09 AM) *
I've got a set of bronze 5zigen Pro Racer GN+ that're 17x8.5 +48. I'm gonna get them on in a couple of days after I clean them up. I'm hoping they'll sit right with my 20mm spacers.

Nice man, I ran the 5zigen FN01RC (17x8 +35mm) w/ 20 mm in the back and it sat pretty flush (w/ 235 tires though).
Given that yours is 8.5 though it might poke out a bit?
post Jan 11, 2019 - 10:08 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jaxx6GC @ Jan 9, 2019 - 5:01 PM) *
I actually followed your setup when I got my spacers. thumbsup.gif I figure I'll have to roll them but hopefully they'll fit until I can rent a roller. I'm gonna lift the car a couple of inches.

haha glad I could help then. but regardless they look good from the pics you posted on fb.

--------------------

post Jan 22, 2019 - 12:01 AM
+Quote Post
jaxx6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 2, '16
Currently Offline

So I got my wheels on a couple of weeks ago. Everything fit better than expected but I ended up having to roll the rear because of a slight rub during spirited driving. I've finally got everything sitting right. Here's some glamor shots from cars and coffee last weekend.

I'd still like to get a 5mm spacer for the rear to bring it out just a hair more. My wheel specs are 17x8.5 +48 with 225/45/17s and 20mm spacers for those wondering. Ignore the paint, I'm in desperate need of a respray. lol
post Jan 22, 2019 - 11:11 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

nice!!! that's basically how mine sits except they're 16s and I don't have to roll fenders because of that. it looks awesome!! what's next? paint job? or engine swap? lol

--------------------

post Jan 22, 2019 - 8:41 PM
+Quote Post
jaxx6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 2, '16
Currently Offline

I'm probably going to get a new bumper, carbon fibre hood, 2 post spoiler with blocks and then get some fresh paint. I'm planning a 3rd gen 3SGTE swap for next summer. I'm currently rebuilding my S13 so once it's daily-able I'll get to work on swapping Sasha.
post Jan 23, 2019 - 10:38 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

hmm... sounds like if you just order a gt-four front clip, you'll be all set. You'll get your 3s swap, a new hood and bumper and headlights. lol

--------------------

post Feb 14, 2019 - 7:23 PM
+Quote Post
jaxx6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 2, '16
Currently Offline

So I've done a few small things since My last post. I finally replaced the bad sender to my oil gauge and repainted my battery hold down. I also scored a Griproyal Grain and a NRG quick release for my other project from a buddy. Since that things still a couple of months from running I decided to toss it in the celica. Looks pretty dope IMO.

Next I'm off to find a 2-post spoiler and some riser blocks.
post Mar 1, 2019 - 1:01 AM
+Quote Post
jaxx6GC

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 2, '16
Currently Offline

I Finally got my exhaust redone earlier this month. I went with a 4-inch exit cannon and had my factory resonator and secondary cat deleted. I also replaced everything from the header back with 2.25. I was able to track down a 2 post spoiler too! Now I've just got to wait for my Euro blocks to come in and repaint everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We4auZDBedQ

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:33 PM