> Doctavic's 96 Celica ST
post Jan 12, 2013 - 10:15 AM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

I picked up an S2000 conversion kit the other day, and got to installing it today after the rain stopped. It looks pretty good but I still need to attach the rubber hosing and glue the top part down.

I also installed the Celica door sills I got from cww180. They go nicely with the shift knob. ...and I got some TRD front splitters (pictured) and some black TRD rear splitters (not pictured that are on the way, that will all need to be painted).

Things I have (or have ordered) that still need to be installed:
TRD front and rear splitters (need painting, rears will need a slight repair too)
GT spoiler and GT-4 riser blocks:

Fog lights (hoping I have factory wiring, still need to get a switch), NGK wires and Iridium IX plugs (bad pic)

Loving the Magnaflow. Sounds really nice.

I also picked up MOOG rear end links (still tracking the noise in my rear suspension), racing pedals from Autovation (shipping now) and a Meguiar's DA Power System Kit to compound and wax the car...I wish I had a garage, I'd get so much more done on my own... I also need to get those stickers off the inside rear window without affecting the defogger..... any suggestions?

Thats a pretty solid update for now.

This post has been edited by doctavic: Jan 12, 2013 - 10:20 AM
post Jan 12, 2013 - 1:42 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

For removing stickers you'll need a plastic scraper, hairdryer, WD-40, some paper towels, and some denatured alcohol. Soak the towel with WD-40 and place it on the sticker to let it soak the sticker. Then bring out the hairdryer and heat up the sticker while continuing to rub it with WD-40. After awhile switch out to the scraper. Keep rotating through soaking, heating, and scraping until it's just residue. Then can go between alcohol and WD-40 to remove that. How I removed some that were on mine. Didn't take too long, but it came off without damaging anything.

This post has been edited by Box: Jan 12, 2013 - 1:45 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 13, 2013 - 5:05 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 12, 2013 - 2:42 PM) *
For removing stickers you'll need a plastic scraper, hairdryer, WD-40, some paper towels, and some denatured alcohol. Soak the towel with WD-40 and place it on the sticker to let it soak the sticker. Then bring out the hairdryer and heat up the sticker while continuing to rub it with WD-40. After awhile switch out to the scraper. Keep rotating through soaking, heating, and scraping until it's just residue. Then can go between alcohol and WD-40 to remove that. How I removed some that were on mine. Didn't take too long, but it came off without damaging anything.

I will give this a try, thanks for the tip Box!
post Jan 14, 2013 - 5:19 PM
+Quote Post
FrankB2

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 25, '12
From Pennsylvania
Currently Offline

Your car is looking great! Is there an actual S2000 conversion "kit" that you can buy? I have satellite radio in my Celica, but it wouldn't hurt to have a functioning antenna (my motor works, but the mast cable is broken).
post Jan 14, 2013 - 9:12 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

Thanks Frank! There is no actual S2000 "conversion kit" you can buy, but the parts you need to buy (and instructions) are listed here:
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62139

Good luck, its totally worth it!
post Jan 14, 2013 - 9:21 PM
+Quote Post
FrankB2

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 25, '12
From Pennsylvania
Currently Offline

OK.... I saw that tutorial, but wanted a screw on conversion. I like those Scion wheels as well, and my '97 convertible needs some nicer wheels. I like the wheels that they're slapping on Miata's lately as well, but the Scions are fine. Off to ebsy.....LOL
post Jan 14, 2013 - 9:24 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (FrankB2 @ Jan 14, 2013 - 10:21 PM) *
OK.... I saw that tutorial, but wanted a screw on conversion. I like those Scion wheels as well, and my '97 convertible needs some nicer wheels. I like the wheels that they're slapping on Miata's lately as well, but the Scions are fine. Off to ebsy.....LOL

if buy the few things in that thread, it will literally take you 5 minutes to remove the old antenna and install this one.
post Jan 14, 2013 - 10:21 PM
+Quote Post
FrankB2

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 25, '12
From Pennsylvania
Currently Offline

Sounds good. There's a Honda dealer 2 miles from where I live.
post Jan 21, 2013 - 4:36 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

It was 50 degrees on Sunday so I....

installed my GT-Four raiser blocks and GT spoiler (courtesy of culpable04) got new shore plates too, to do my part to support the rebuilding of the jersey shore...

also repainted the orange doggy cluster cover I got from chucho and installed it. totally changed the feel of the dashboard. really happy with this one.

and lastly installed my new Celica pedals from autovation:

I also got around to painting my TRD front splitters with the advice of Special_Edy... but its too cold today to install them or the rear splitters I got from ebay...
post Jan 21, 2013 - 4:39 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Love that cluster, it reminds me a bit of 911. Pedals are classy too.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jan 21, 2013 - 5:08 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Jan 21, 2013 - 4:39 PM) *
Love that cluster, it reminds me a bit of 911. Pedals are classy too.

Thanks! It's coming along nicely.
post Feb 24, 2013 - 11:48 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

Finally installed my GT-FOUR rear and TRD front splitters. Fronts were blue from culpabale04, and took Special_Edy's advice to paint. Came out pretty okay for first time painting... considering. Here's that thread: Thread

Also installed new NGK iridium plugs and NGK wires

If its warm-ish this week I'll wash and wax and take some real non iPhone pics
Next up: Install fogs, paint calipers and drums, and new endlinks. Debating an engine swap

This post has been edited by doctavic: Feb 24, 2013 - 11:56 PM
post Feb 25, 2013 - 2:57 PM
+Quote Post
Legen-dary

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 18, '13
From Portland, OR
Currently Offline

That gauge cluster looks really nice, could you provide more info on it? I tried searching but didn't find anything. Looks like a raised overlay from another cluster?

--------------------
1999 Celica GT Auto - GF's car
1996 4Runner SR5 5sp - Ol' Faithful
2006 Evo 9 MR - For sale
1998 Supra NA Auto very slow
post Feb 25, 2013 - 3:01 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Legen-dary @ Feb 25, 2013 - 2:57 PM) *
That gauge cluster looks really nice, could you provide more info on it? I tried searching but didn't find anything. Looks like a raised overlay from another cluster?

It was made by DCW, http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36862

I think he still has some for $250 http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...76091&st=20

I got mine from another 6gc-er who was selling his. Definetely nice though the plexiglass has a slight glare.
post Apr 14, 2013 - 6:43 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

Washed, polished, and waxed the Celica today, and took out the real camera to take some pics.

and then did some editing:

This post has been edited by doctavic: Apr 14, 2013 - 7:21 PM
post Jun 13, 2013 - 2:42 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

only a few days left with her...

post Jun 16, 2013 - 12:51 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

kindasad.gif

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Jun 16, 2013 - 2:57 PM
+Quote Post
undasighted

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 28, '07
From Columbus, OH
Currently Offline

Don't worry man. She'll be in good hands and pampered. I can tell how much love you've poured in to her since you got her. I can't wait to meet her (and you) on Wednesday smile.gif

Now to find some 6gc crew to meet up with when I stop in Pittsburgh on the way back to Ohio. So stoked to be coming back to the 6th gen scene with such a beautiful car smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
post Jun 16, 2013 - 8:27 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (undasighted @ Jun 16, 2013 - 2:57 PM) *
Don't worry man. She'll be in good hands and pampered. I can tell how much love you've poured in to her since you got her. I can't wait to meet her (and you) on Wednesday smile.gif

Now to find some 6gc crew to meet up with when I stop in Pittsburgh on the way back to Ohio. So stoked to be coming back to the 6th gen scene with such a beautiful car smile.gif

wink.gif
post Jun 19, 2013 - 4:40 PM
+Quote Post
doctavic

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '12
From NJ
Currently Offline

Officially said goodbye and handed the keys off to undasighted. Adios old friend! Glad it's gone to a good home

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 12:21 PM