> rentaspace's ST246 N-Edition Caldina
post Jul 27, 2017 - 4:02 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

So I got time yesterday after work to install the foglights and trim pieces to complete the bumper.
While I was there, I decided to replace the faded grille meshing that came with the bumper and install some brand new black mesh.
Results make it look so much better:

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Jul 27, 2017 - 5:00 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Looks great! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 29, 2017 - 10:11 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Needs some Nolden LED fogs.

--------------------
post Jul 30, 2017 - 12:43 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 27, 2017 - 5:00 PM) *
Looks great! thumbsup.gif

Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 29, 2017 - 10:11 AM) *
Needs some Nolden LED fogs.

They currently do have regular white LED bulbs in there for more light output through the tint. I have some plans for front light mods which are already underway and I think adding foglights to the mix might make it over the top. I will see after the niext mods go though tongue.gif

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Jul 30, 2017 - 5:00 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Nolden's aren't just bulbs, they're whole assemblies built around LED emitters with special optics.

--------------------
post Jul 31, 2017 - 1:23 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 30, 2017 - 6:00 PM) *
Nolden's aren't just bulbs, they're whole assemblies built around LED emitters with special optics.

I know haha, I think they make the front look a bit over the top though.
I will see once the headlight mods are complete though.

--------------------

post Jun 11, 2018 - 9:14 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Well had two cars taken out within a month.
Caldina was hit while turning at a set of lights. Corolla in the inside turn lane changed lanes midway through the corner to enter a shop driveway. Hit the front quarter of the Caldina and pushed it into the gutter on the passenger side. Both wheels, front bumper, front driver quarter panel, drivers wing mirror, front driver suspension strut, front driver steering knuckle and front driver steering end link all were damaged.

Dashcam Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb8zrlph0tQ...1I&index=12

Then, only two weeks later while driving down the M5 Motorway we were rear-ended while in our daily Tiguan. The other driver was an International, uninsured driver who wanted us to claim the crash was on the following Monday. We declined this and got our insurance involved, unfortunately we are with a budget provider as my Fiance and I are in the 'high-risk' age bracket and it is super expensive for us, so we had to put our excess forward upfront. To top it off, the cars registration and CTP Insurance was due on the Monday costing us a total of around $3600 for the weekend. The excess has since been refunded as we are not-at-fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Gj9jRDYu8...HUnKbCRAsLuK01I

The Tiguan was dropped to a smash repairer on the following Friday and was back to us by the Monday (3 day turnaround). The inner and outer bumper, reverse sensor, reverse light and brackets were all replaced. The new inner bumper and the tailgate were repainted and all new rear badges were installed.

Before repair:

After Repair:

--------------------

post Jun 11, 2018 - 10:06 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

well.... this isn't the update I was hoping for when I checked in on this thread. frown.gif glad you guys are ok though.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jun 13, 2018 - 9:13 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 11, 2018 - 10:06 PM) *
well.... this isn't the update I was hoping for when I checked in on this thread. frown.gif glad you guys are ok though.

Thanks, everyone is all good which is the silver lining.

The Caldina is still off the road waiting for parts going on almost two months now :L

--------------------

post Jun 14, 2018 - 9:50 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Cripes sake! I hate those double turning lanes for exactly that reason and also why I have a dash cam, seeing videos like these knowing that cops may take the other persons word over mine since my car is 'modified' which means I'm the default law breaker.

--------------------
post Jun 28, 2018 - 1:31 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 14, 2018 - 10:50 PM) *
Cripes sake! I hate those double turning lanes for exactly that reason and also why I have a dash cam, seeing videos like these knowing that cops may take the other persons word over mine since my car is 'modified' which means I'm the default law breaker.

I don't mind double turn lanes, people are just stupid...

The woman still thinks she wasn't at fault lol... oh well can't fix stupid.

Caldina is still off the road cause they have now found the suspension strut and knuckle are bent and need to be replaced too. Waiting for the parts to arrive...

--------------------

post Jul 26, 2018 - 4:47 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well this is lame... Thankfully no injuries. Also reminds me to get some kind of dash cam if I ever start driving again.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 29, 2018 - 4:41 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Supposedly getting the Caldina back in the next week or so... Only been like 3 months...

aaaaand then I am going to have to sell it and get a sensible daily because my works Cube that I usually drive is screwed and work doesn't want to spend any money or time on it to try and fix it... Feels like it has dropped a cylinder, super super rough running and over 2000rpm feels like it is going to blow... No CEL light or other obvious issues though...

--------------------

post Jul 29, 2018 - 7:58 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Wait, how is a wagon not a sensible daily for pc parts delivery?

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 11, 2018 - 9:49 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Saw an update on Facebook, in for more info.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:10 PM