post Dec 29, 2011 - 8:47 PM
+Quote Post
samir0189

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '08
From Orlando, Florida
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SupraKid @ Dec 23, 2011 - 7:52 PM) *
The car had $565 in back fees and Mike won't answer his phone, and now has it turned off.Thank you mike. Thank you. And it failed smog again.This is turning out just f*cking peachy.

*SIGH*

But at least even with fees it was $1600, but saying when i first got the car it looked like the hood hadnt been opened for years and the interior looked like it was modified by a 9 year old with an obsession for firetruck red it was NOT worth it. The engine now actually feels strong after doing some normal routine maintenance as the oil was blacker than Wesley Snipes, the coolant was the color of Hector and Samir and the interior was so dirty it looked like the car had been driven by Pig-Pen from charlie brown since 1994. Yes Mike, the gloves are off.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Very nice. I have my old catcon, in good condition. Shipping that anchor across the country wouldn't be cheap, but if you want it, it is yours.

--------------------
My F/S Thread!

(14:19:21) Daniel: That was a JDM hole in the side of the box too. There was so much JDM trapped inside that box that they couldn't contain it, so they had to put a JDM hole in the box to let the JDM out.

Ferdi says (11:29)
No, it looks like a hooker put her acid vag on your hood. Acid vag = bigger problem than a few dings.
post Dec 29, 2011 - 9:26 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

I've been reading up on smog NOx levels for fun, and from what I can tell they were talking EGR EGR EGR when it comes to high NOx. So of all the things you previously mentioned, with respect to price, I would DEFINITELY start there. I apparently prevents pre ignition which means your car burns hotter and makes more NOx. So start there in my $.02

--------------------
post Dec 29, 2011 - 9:32 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Yea ricochet that is what the smog tech said. And saying my EGR has a hole in it thats what ill definetly replace before going back. But I think just cleaning the engine out will also help. But thanks for the research!

Today I installed my new 6k HIDs, and LEDs all over. Tomorrow the sway bar bushings, motor mounts and new lugs all go on. Also i bought one of the cassette to AUX things and the OEM sound system is TERRIBLE with my ipod frown.gif. So looks like itll all be getting upgraded. Anyone know what size the top speakers are? Im guessing 6.5".

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 29, 2011 - 9:51 PM
post Dec 29, 2011 - 9:44 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Just now realized you have the 8 speaker system. Nice! The top speakers are 4", the others are 6.5's.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 29, 2011 - 9:47 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Yea the car has all the options that were offered(sunroof, premium sound, leather, etc). Actually the bottoms are real 8"s(not 6.5s in a bracket like normal celicas) and id imagine the backs are 6.5s like normal.
post Dec 29, 2011 - 9:49 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Factory 8's? I had no idea. I was under the impression that it was basically the same system, just with two extra speakers.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 29, 2011 - 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

THE TAPE DECK TO IPOD IS CRAP! I literally just bought one for my sister for christmas. She said it was terrible. Low audio, shotty quality. It's a shame there isn't a better way to get to use the stock stuff..

--------------------
post Dec 29, 2011 - 10:03 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Idk I used one in my first celica and it worked OK...I mean it wasnt great but I used it for a few months, but this is just terrible. My old celica eventually had bostons all around with a kenwood premier headunit and kicker subs, and it was ORGASMIC...This time around i wanna get a double din with 8" subs(amp powered) in the doors so i don't have bulky box in the hatch, with new headunit powered speakers in the top front and back..

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 29, 2011 - 10:07 PM
post Dec 29, 2011 - 10:27 PM
+Quote Post
UndecidedPC9397

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 15, '11
From minnesota
Currently Offline

A noob question but do the jdm tails just bolt right in or is there wiring work you need to do? (spicing wires from the jdm setup)
post Dec 29, 2011 - 10:46 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (UndecidedPC9397 @ Dec 29, 2011 - 9:27 PM) *
A noob question but do the jdm tails just bolt right in or is there wiring work you need to do? (spicing wires from the jdm setup)

They bolt in. Then the JDM wiring harness will either plug right in or you can use your USDM harness, but it will have an extra plug for a bulb that the JDM lights don't use.

Trace- I posted it earlier, but check out the GROM Audio unit. Plugs right into the head unit, full iPod integration. I'm rocking it in the Lexus and love it.

Andrew- I'm jealous of your sound system already and you don't even have it yet tongue.gif

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 29, 2011 - 10:55 PM
+Quote Post
UndecidedPC9397

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 15, '11
From minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Dec 29, 2011 - 11:46 PM) *
QUOTE (UndecidedPC9397 @ Dec 29, 2011 - 9:27 PM) *

They bolt in. Then the JDM wiring harness will either plug right in or you can use your USDM harness, but it will have an extra plug for a bulb that the JDM lights don't use.

Which bulb does the jdm tail not use? and what do you do with the extra bulb? can you just cut it and wrap electrical tape around the exposed little nub?
and if I were to use the JDM, could you just splice it in with the stock wiring?

This post has been edited by UndecidedPC9397: Dec 29, 2011 - 10:56 PM
post Dec 29, 2011 - 10:58 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

I just pulled the bulb and tucked it away. I stupidly bought wedge type LED bulbs for the tails when the USDMS take the bayonnet type..So i ordered a set of sockets that ill have to wire in. Also today I started making plans for the lighting situation on the gt4 front. No oem gt4 bezels for me, and the running lights will be moved.smile.gif
post Dec 29, 2011 - 11:17 PM
+Quote Post
chacha

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 29, '05
From So-Cal
Currently Offline

apply for BAR assistance program for $500 in gov money to help u pass smog if you fail. save your fail smog result print outs and apply online....you should automatically qualify. they'll order the part (cat, o2 sensor...etc...) pay the difference...shouldn't be too bad.

$500 SMOG PROG FOR FREE REPAIR CAILIFORNIA

application

This post has been edited by chacha: Dec 29, 2011 - 11:22 PM
post Dec 29, 2011 - 11:29 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

I looked into that when the supra was having issues, but it takes weeks at least for them to even reply. But I will apply and we will see what happens.

EDIT:My parents are above the minimum income requirement...So much for that kindasad.gif.

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 29, 2011 - 11:30 PM
post Dec 30, 2011 - 1:07 AM
+Quote Post
EKAn

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '07
From CA
Currently Offline

Damn what's the minimum? i have a feeling minevitable won't pass either when the time comes

--------------------
what hes saying is if you put blue lights in you car youll lose hp.
post Dec 30, 2011 - 1:13 AM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

You have to make under 50 grand a year.

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 30, 2011 - 11:43 PM
post Dec 31, 2011 - 9:48 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

I want one so bad :'(

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 31, 2011 - 9:48 PM
post Dec 31, 2011 - 10:03 PM
+Quote Post
chacha

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 29, '05
From So-Cal
Currently Offline

that's weird...I took mines to a BAR station or office and it took them less than 2 hours to say I was qualified. I also brought with me my smog fail test result to show along with the application. I walked in...turned the app in with the results...they told me to leave a number and they'll determine if i made it...2 hours later...i did.

Don't put your parents...you put the app being you and that you're independent.

This post has been edited by chacha: Dec 31, 2011 - 10:04 PM
post Dec 31, 2011 - 10:36 PM
+Quote Post
Neon90424

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '11
From Paraguay, Winchestertonfieldville
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SupraKid @ Dec 31, 2011 - 9:48 PM) *

I want one so bad :'(

which one?

--------------------
post Dec 31, 2011 - 10:48 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

If you have to ask the question of which car(s) in the picture I want then you don't deserve to know tongue.gif

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 3:42 AM