> Igpx12s' 1997 Celica
post Nov 17, 2014 - 4:38 PM
+Quote Post
igpx12

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '14
From Cortland NY
Currently Offline

After almost a year of being on this site, thought it was about time to start up a thread.

So here's my celicas story so far.

Purchased in October 2013 and stored to keep out of the elements.

After a winter and spring in storage finally started work on her in July with the original plan to do a thorough cleaning and engine swap to a Silvertop 4AGE out of an AE101 out of japan.

Stock 7A was pulled along with its tranny so engine bay could be cleaned and the interior was stripped to help with process of harness work.

Second part of the project was the 4AGE, so order it however found that I wouldn't be able to use it as NY is OBDII compliant with inspections and it would fail, so put to the side for a later swap into a 94 or 95.

When I bought her, the engine had a lot of exhaust noise so ordered in an OBX exhaust for a GT4, however had to have it reworked to go onto an ST chassis as you can see the bends are a lot different.

The main reason for exhaust noise was this

Then I started to piece her back together, first to go back in was the 7A

Then sprayed the carpet from factory beige to black and to help keep an eye on things, bought some X-Tune gauges, not the most accurate things ever but they do the job.

Also upgraded to a key light ring and Lexus ES300 door strikers, very simple installs

Then made up some bezel pods for the gauge cluster

That was it for the interior currently, next was the engine bay and remedying the exhaust issues. Bought an OBX header and front pipe and had it ceramic coated. Also to easily adapt for oil pressure and temp gauges, ordered in an Upgr8 Oil Sandwich plate.

Then made up an air intake for it, simple one bend pipe with a drilled hole for the MAF sensor.

More things to come for sure but for now this is as far as she has gotten for now. Plans are to get it out after winter when I take my DD off the road for good as its basically done for.

--------------------
1997 ST:Limitedly Green
This car is not about racing... This car is not about power or performance... It's purely about being cool.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 2:53 PM