> My 6th Gen ST
post Feb 28, 2011 - 8:38 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I just recently bought myself a 95 Celica ST Coupe 5Speed. A ton of mules on her 336k to be exact. I'm in process of getting her title and service records (if I get get the latter). Ill post pictures in a few hours when the sun comes up. The previous owner took really good care of it. There were seat covers on the seats and plastic mats over the stock mats. And both are still in great condition. She runs smooth and better than my 07 Cobalt ever did. Smoother too! Well just wanted to say high.
Current Plans:
Clean her up
Routine maintenance
A few interior addons. (Mainly radio and shift knob and possibly short throw shifter)
Replace High Beam Headlight assemblies (both are cracked)
Fixed rusted wiper arms
Fix Trunk lock
Change out the stock speakers (16 yrs of music they don't sound so well anymore)
Future plans are:
GT-Four conversion (just the bumpers Hood sideskirts and wing)
Turbo the motor (possibly the hybrid setup with the earlier 4A-GZE motor)
Lightweight rims and summer tires (Will be putting winter tires on steelies)

Here are some pictures to tide you over until I can get better ones.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is the stock boot and knob. Boot was all ripped up and knob was a little loose.

and after a quick trip to the local auto parts store I bought a boot and used a knob I had sitting around. Temporary for now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to build the Turbo 7A hybrid?
post Feb 28, 2011 - 11:13 AM
+Quote Post
NYp8tBaller07

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '11
From Albany, NY
Currently Offline

Welcome, Looks like were on a similar boat only your st seems to be in better shape cosmetically

--------------------

Power in Balance
90 ST coupe- Sold
95 ST hatch- Dead :’(
02 Impreza RS- DD
post Feb 28, 2011 - 11:50 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Haha there is a dent by the front passenger sidemarker, on on the hood by the driver side high beam and a few around the body, but this car was a 1-owner car from VA. Ton of miles but VERY well taken care of. its 16 yrs old I didn't expect much but this thing in in great shape I'll have to get some interior pics up, and in the next few days I'm changing out the stock speakers. The very same speakers that have been in the car since it was new! Only downside was when I found out the speakers themselves are 6.5 and the mouting whole is 8. I was cussing last night. But I'm not returing my speakers I got a great deal on four brand new speakers for $35. They are 2-way Dual Speakers, not top of the line but hey better then what I had, and I don't really wanna be thumping anyway just want a nice sound. I'm sourcing a bracket I can use now so I can complete the install tonight.
post Mar 1, 2011 - 6:48 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Depending onthe weather I'll be pulling out the rear seats and front seats to clean the car, will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow.
post Mar 2, 2011 - 7:09 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Alright did a bit of work yesterday (or as much as I could before it got cold and dark [no garage]) Cleaned her up a bit too. Atleast on the inside.

I've replaced the rear speakers after modifying the stock bracket to fit the 6.5" Dual DS Speakers I bought, I have aftermarkt brackets coming in today to fit the 8" opening up front. I'll post pics after work, or possibly tomorrow of all of that.
post Mar 3, 2011 - 9:46 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

No one posting a reply but this thread is keeping me motivated haha.

Phew well got it all back together and just need to clean, now I gotta work on making a bracket for the front speakers, or I'll just order 8" subs.

Progress.
This is what I did to the rear brackets to make the speakers fit, not sure if you can tell? I have to take all the pictures with my phone since I don't havea camera.

Here is the speaker sitting in the one bracket. Cheap speakers but the y sound better then stock speakers and they werer cheap (all four for $35 USD)

Everything put back (had my speakers for the front door and my jacket on the rear seats it was getting hot inside this little car)

the previous owner took very good care of the seats in this car I'll have to grabe pictures of the floor mats too. Only downside to the seats are the tops of the rear seat where sun damage has turned the tops a slight purple. But otherwise this interior is very nice.
post Mar 3, 2011 - 11:15 AM
+Quote Post
Mycurse180

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 23, '10
From PA, USA
Currently Offline

Did you drive it when you had the back stripped out?
post Mar 4, 2011 - 11:25 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Haha yeah had to get to work.
post Mar 4, 2011 - 11:58 AM
+Quote Post
NOVAKx17

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
Currently Offline

with all that change you found, you should consider re-covering your center console lid,

that thing is rough. hahahah

but nice progress bro, keep up the good work.

--------------------
NOVAKx17
2000 Eclipse GT- DD=== oil pump went blown up and sold
1997 Celica ST- swapped and sold
2004 Ford explorer xlt 4x4- totaled
1997 Celica Convertible GT- Going Topless (;
(18:32:21) yarik83: axel has a sensitive wife. i hear she used to be a lesbian and then became ferdi

( PARTING OUT A GT COUPE http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=88592 )
post Mar 4, 2011 - 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
Mycurse180

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 23, '10
From PA, USA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CoreyST @ Mar 4, 2011 - 12:25 PM) *
Haha yeah had to get to work.

Notice any performance gains with it stripped out?
post Mar 5, 2011 - 4:33 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Well it was a bit lighter so There could have been but I don't really do any drving in which I would notice. I do know road noise was terrible. Haha
post Mar 6, 2011 - 2:01 PM
+Quote Post
zoik

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 28, '07
From france
Currently Offline

i've always wondered why the armrest ends like that
post Mar 16, 2011 - 9:15 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Haha I wish it didn't. I'm gonna grab an armrest off of the Kamikaze website in the future.

I have also decided on what I'm gonna do with the motor when it blows (or when I have another car to work on this one more).

I'll be saving my money for a Blacktop 4AGE 20v. I'll also be getting a custom wiring harness made for the car as well (im not the greatest at wiring and would rather have one premade for me). So looking into it I can get a complete package Blacktop for around 1500 (comes with ECU, manual trans, harness and more) with free shipping and liftgate service to my door from VA. And the wiring harness is around 650. so for roughly around 2200 I can have a plug and play engine, I'll just have to work with the A/C lines since I want to keep that, I'm still looking into this swap though so I know it will cost more than what I have so far.

I'll also be rebuilding the 7AFE for either someone else to put in their car, or a possible hybrid setup. Either way I won't scrap the engine. I'd like to see it get some use out of someone else.
post Mar 16, 2011 - 6:51 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

As far as the blacktop goes your not going to get out only spending 2200, sorry just not going to happen, timing system needs to be replaced, water pump, various belts, ignition, and while its out a clutch and lightweight flywheel is your best bet, gotta pay to play

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica Project Mean Green
3RD Gen 3SGTE WRC Edition W/LSD E153 - Love BOOST <3

2001 Solar yellow Lexus IS300

2001 Dodge ram 1500 Off-road edition
post Mar 17, 2011 - 11:12 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Well see i understand that much, that's why I said I was still looking into it. But as far as wiring would go i'd be set.

But I still got a little while before I do a swap, so I'll get myself well educated and a spreadsheet for all the costs made up, that way I won't have to much running around trying to source parts at the last minute.

But thanks for your input.
post Mar 20, 2011 - 1:46 AM
+Quote Post
killerfight

Enthusiast

Joined Apr 18, '10
From valdosta, ga
Currently Offline

you are doing exactly what i want to do...good luck.
post Mar 23, 2011 - 8:00 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

thanks, same to you. I'm thinking of doing of wire tucking too when I swap engines, and at the least cleaning and smoothing since I'll have full access to everything.

Does anyone have some good guides for the 4AGE swaps?
post Mar 23, 2011 - 3:32 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

Honestly for the gain the 4a is not worth it your better off going 3s, I never used to listen when everyone on here said it but it is true, i have priced both of them, yes the 3s is a bit more and minor modification to the car but you get alot more

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica Project Mean Green
3RD Gen 3SGTE WRC Edition W/LSD E153 - Love BOOST <3

2001 Solar yellow Lexus IS300

2001 Dodge ram 1500 Off-road edition
post Mar 24, 2011 - 6:07 AM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Yeah your right about that. I'm still going between the two, I've priced a full front clip from a GT-Four (including the rear subframe for eventually going AWD) and the 4AGE. Ofcourse the Clip was more, but I'm still going between the two, I still got some time to make up my mind. It al really comes down to how much money I'll have saved by the time my 7AFE goes. If I have enough for all the things needed for the 3S I'll do that if not I'll do the 4AGE.
post Mar 29, 2011 - 2:28 PM
+Quote Post
CoreyST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '11
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Just a small update. Still throwing around what do with the engine when it goes....really need to figure it out, but need the money to do anything really.

But, I've started fixing some dents on it, I think the fender is beyond fixing, (it had a really huge dent that I popped out a bit but more of the fender was warped than i thought) ohh and my dad scratched the fender trying to pull it into his garage. I'll get pics up soon. I'll most likely be buying a used fender off a member here or at celicatech, whichever has cheaper shipping really. But I gotta fix a bit of rust on the left rear wheel well. I sanded it down and prined it, but there were some holes, but since I'm going for a flush fitment later on I'm just gonna sand them back down, put some rust stopping stuff and roll them. And then gotta fix a dent in front of the wheel well....and that is all I can remember right now, OHH I took the damn spoiler off it was rusting out, so I put some fibergalss cloth and bondo in and filled the holes. (quick fix until I can do it right). This car will just probably end up turning all black primer as I fix small dents here and there. Still trying to decide on a coilover set up, and rims that will fit the color I go for ( I may stay black and go with either gunmetal, bronze, or gold rims, or second option is yellow with gunmetal rims)

But I need some money first, so anyone willing to donate to a broke joker fund let me know haha (j/k). also got a replacement headlight to fix the cracked on I got, just need to take it apart and clean it.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:27 AM