> 6 speed transmission
post Nov 18, 2017 - 7:40 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

So has anyone tinkered with the 6 speed tranny from a TC. or is it a 5 speed seems like it bolts to a2gr, same way it should to a e153.

Be interesting to see what can be done to use it.

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: Nov 18, 2017 - 7:52 PM

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
post Nov 25, 2017 - 5:21 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

2nd gen scion with EB60.

i thought Aurion came with a manual 6 speed, but its a 6 speed sequential automatic...

what are you trying to accomplish. I know its not mpg, you want shorter gearing???

http://www.mr2oc.com/188-v6-mr2-forum/3811...r-soon-yup.html

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Nov 26, 2017 - 11:15 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Dec 5, 2017 - 2:01 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

no, i want newer transmission. because unfortunately the e153 is old, and stupid expensive to repair.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 5, 2017 - 10:02 PM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

Bolting up will be hurdle #1. Is there a clutch that will work with a 2GR and/or 3S flywheel and that box? Driveshafts? Mounts? Shifter linkage could probably be worked out easily though.

An E153 out of a Gen1 Solara can't be that expensive.

And do you mind educating me on what newer features the E153 is missing? I thought it was a well rounded box, especially the later ones with multi synchros and all.
post Dec 5, 2017 - 10:16 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

http://www.mr2oc.com/188-v6-mr2-forum/4244...nformation.html
That's what you wanted to see?

--------------------
post Dec 7, 2017 - 8:04 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (slavie @ Dec 5, 2017 - 9:02 PM) *
Bolting up will be hurdle #1. Is there a clutch that will work with a 2GR and/or 3S flywheel and that box? Driveshafts? Mounts? Shifter linkage could probably be worked out easily though.

An E153 out of a Gen1 Solara can't be that expensive.

And do you mind educating me on what newer features the E153 is missing? I thought it was a well rounded box, especially the later ones with multi synchros and all.

well the 153 missing a 6th speed.

its not about that, its about research and options, e153s are hard to get. a solara will work, but they are not common either.

newer transmissions mean newer parts.

mostly preference. newer engine, newer transmission. If i had never tried to slam the 2gr in my car, i would have never known it fits. So someone has to try... But not right now, need to finish projects. but will continue to research.

clutch, yes... axles yes....

some one did it...

hes running a 6 speed, on a celica. but getting info from him is kinda hard. even in his own facebook group. lol

--------------------

post Dec 9, 2017 - 12:03 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

oh sick

some guy in panama with a 6th gen and 3sge beams with dual vvt-i is in the process of fitting a 7th gen celica GT-S 6 speed. he was quoted $600 for a custom flywheel

that doesnt even include the bell housing plate that is also custom which i assume is another $500....

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Dec 9, 2017 - 12:07 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Dec 9, 2017 - 9:04 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Odd choice fitting a C series on a S engine but OK. From what I can gather the TC/Camry 6spd bolts onto the S series engines and uses the MR2 pressure plate/clutch? I thought that's what it said in the thread I linked but maybe I was reading wrong. I suppose he wants the C60 for it's gearing though which makes sense with a 3SGE.

--------------------
post Jan 2, 2018 - 8:12 PM
+Quote Post
ILoveMySilly97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '12
From Hanford/Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

I know this doesn't help much but I ran into a post where a guy had an white AW mr2 chassis with a 2grfe mated to a 6spd manual trans. IIRC it was from a newer camry or newer TC. He stays somewhere along the coast of California.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 1:00 PM