> New Project!, Pics comming soon
post Feb 14, 2008 - 12:48 PM
+Quote Post
Jaws4God

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 27, '04
Currently Offline

QUOTE(playr158 @ Feb 14, 2008 - 5:37 PM) [snapback]641493[/snapback]

you are basing judgment on a cop who knows probably minimal about car safety.....I trust research, not a walkin stick o'bacon
Just cause a cop says something means he's 100% correct?!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1hxOr3q7nrk .........i think not.

my guy was nice smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jaws4God: Feb 16, 2008 - 11:53 PM

--------------------
~Daniel~ No Longer Celica Owner.. moved on to a 03 WRX-EJ207
post Feb 14, 2008 - 1:01 PM
+Quote Post
dagreat1

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 27, '06
From Gainesville
Currently Offline

so mine are ok?

--------------------
IPB Image
post Feb 14, 2008 - 2:25 PM
+Quote Post
Jeunesse

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 21, '07
From Toronto
Currently Offline

No its not... Coz it will compress your spinal column you have to mount it higher than your shoulders. Look at the drawing... see that it is mounted on pillar c which is higher than your shoulder.

--------------------
-Derick

"In hoc signo vinces." In this sign thou shalt conquer."

Gone but never forgotten....
post Feb 14, 2008 - 2:48 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

Ok this is the requirement for shoulder harness

sit in the car....your shoulder line = 0*

DO NOT GO OUTSIDE
5 degrees BELOW your shoulder
or
30 degrees ABOVE your shoulder

since i already posted the link to the thread and Jaws can't read....

IPB Image

(read the bottom paragraph)
here is a picture to show it for those who can't read

IPB Image
pink = 0* from shoulders
blue = your stupidity
red = upper and lower limits STAY BETWEEN THEM

This is why we invented the "Harness Bar"
(note picture might not be to scale, or 100% accurate measurement, get out a protractor and do some real work figuring it out on your car)

This post has been edited by playr158: Feb 14, 2008 - 2:48 PM
post Feb 14, 2008 - 3:16 PM
+Quote Post
celica3sgte

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 12, '02
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Jaws4God @ Feb 14, 2008 - 10:31 AM) [snapback]641486[/snapback]

QUOTE(playr158 @ Feb 14, 2008 - 3:50 AM) [snapback]641326[/snapback]

I hope you seriously enjoy spinal compression!!!!!!!!!

I thought that was correct, you just couldn't mount them higher than shoulder..

I actually got pulled over by a police man cuz he thought I didn't have my seatbelt on, but when he saw the 4 point harness, he looked at the back and said "its hooked up correctly"

Jaws4God's diagram is correct. Playr158 Why would you tell someone to do a bunch research after chiming in, and then 12 posts later,,,,you actually try to help out????
post Feb 14, 2008 - 6:08 PM
+Quote Post
tonytutino

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 16, '06
From Bowling Green KY
Currently Offline

back to the topic at hand... lol

what speakers/ subs do you plan on using man?

--------------------
**If you play My Brute, joing the 6gc.net clan!**

--A section of a kid's actual test that had been scanned--
post Feb 15, 2008 - 8:20 AM
+Quote Post
dagreat1

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 27, '06
From Gainesville
Currently Offline

well i have some jbl audio components up front

am putting these in the back
IPB Image

keeping the 2 kickers you see above and then adding a 12 inch sub

also have 2 1200W sony xplod amps

the thing i haven't covered yet is the deck. I have an eclipse flip out monitor.. but i think double din looks so much better

--------------------
IPB Image
post Feb 15, 2008 - 6:46 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

and with the topic,

what is the material that you are using for dampening.. Is it better? Cost?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Feb 15, 2008 - 7:53 PM
+Quote Post
addictions

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 26, '07
From iowa
Currently Offline

u should go with the double din! lol j/k well i just started the post on my build ill pm when i get my head unit in that i suggested for ya show ya what your missing out on! lol i think you should do a CRX style box with your car sense its a hatch and all that would work best for SPL. and i might have like 6 fusion 2 Ch 300 watts amps and they will work perfect for a front and rear stage hit me up if you are interested like i said i have 6 extra lol and 4 extra 8 gage amp kits so ya need somthing hit me up look forward to seeing your build man best of luck

--------------------
-Boss III
post Feb 15, 2008 - 8:25 PM
+Quote Post
OOBE

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 30, '02
From San Juan, PR
Currently Offline

QUOTE(playr158 @ Feb 13, 2008 - 9:50 PM) [snapback]641326[/snapback]

I hope you seriously enjoy spinal compression!!!!!!!!!

LOL at where he connected those harnesses. What a Darwin Award nominee. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by OOBE: Feb 15, 2008 - 8:26 PM

--------------------
Past - 7A-FTE: Will never forget you
Present - 3rd Gen 3S-GTE: Swap in progress
QUOTE (SinisterSinner @ Dec 19, 2009 - 10:52 AM) *
I dont want to even think of turbos, they blow up way too often...
post Feb 16, 2008 - 12:05 AM
+Quote Post
dagreat1

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 27, '06
From Gainesville
Currently Offline

1.. The brown stuff is cork.. you can get it at home depot for cheap and it works great... Over that i'm laying down some heat shielded dynomat. I live in florida where it gets real hot and that T4 turbo under the hodd adds a little bit as well. That stuff goes for about $100 a roll so i wouldn't buy it unless you really think you'll need it, cork does plenty

2 .. I'm doing my best to get my hands on a double din eh i so don't want to go the ebay route though

3.. A darwin award nominee...? Are you retarded? For one I did not install those Harnesses. Secondly the person that did install them did his research and found those to be a suitible position for them and thats why half the people here think its right and the other half think its wrong. Darwin Awards are won for doing something obviosly stupid not making a mistake that anyone could make. I'm sure you didn't really mean that though, I'm sure thats just your sarcastic way of calling me stupid. Well I won't beat around the bush... I think you are an idiot for turboing an economy engine and then pouring the rest of your money into making your celica look fast. What a ricer award nominee :laugh.gif:

--------------------
IPB Image
post Feb 16, 2008 - 12:11 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

:wow:
post Feb 16, 2008 - 8:04 PM
+Quote Post
addictions

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 26, '07
From iowa
Currently Offline

QUOTE(dagreat1 @ Feb 16, 2008 - 12:05 AM) [snapback]642052[/snapback]

1.. The brown stuff is cork.. you can get it at home depot for cheap and it works great... Over that i'm laying down some heat shielded dynomat. I live in florida where it gets real hot and that T4 turbo under the hodd adds a little bit as well. That stuff goes for about $100 a roll so i wouldn't buy it unless you really think you'll need it, cork does plenty

2 .. I'm doing my best to get my hands on a double din eh i so don't want to go the ebay route though

3.. A darwin award nominee...? Are you retarded? For one I did not install those Harnesses. Secondly the person that did install them did his research and found those to be a suitible position for them and thats why half the people here think its right and the other half think its wrong. Darwin Awards are won for doing something obviosly stupid not making a mistake that anyone could make. I'm sure you didn't really mean that though, I'm sure thats just your sarcastic way of calling me stupid. Well I won't beat around the bush... I think you are an idiot for turboing an economy engine and then pouring the rest of your money into making your celica look fast. What a ricer award nominee :laugh.gif:

that was harsh!!! lol wow is rite

--------------------
-Boss III
post Feb 16, 2008 - 11:29 PM
+Quote Post
OOBE

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 30, '02
From San Juan, PR
Currently Offline

QUOTE(dagreat1 @ Feb 15, 2008 - 11:05 PM) [snapback]642052[/snapback]

A wonderful display of thin skin from your part, eh? Just like I expected. Let's resort to name calling, right? You truly are a winner. I can see you have a fuse shorter than the space between each spoke on those mighty hubcaps of yours. If my GT-4 hood and bumper are ricy, I honestly don't know what adjective to use for (quoting from your profile) that "Terquosie" beauty of yours and that hideous The Fast and The Furious spoiler on the other car with the 5th gen mirrors.

--------------------
Past - 7A-FTE: Will never forget you
Present - 3rd Gen 3S-GTE: Swap in progress
QUOTE (SinisterSinner @ Dec 19, 2009 - 10:52 AM) *
I dont want to even think of turbos, they blow up way too often...
post Feb 17, 2008 - 12:19 AM
+Quote Post
presure2

Joined Oct 1, '02
From fall river, ma
Currently Offline

you seriously BOTH need to relax, or you can BOTH have a nice long vactation from 6gc.
take your pick.
learn how to use the report this post button, it works wonders.
thread closed.

--------------------
Former Team 5SFTE pro member ;)

13.6@108MPH, 5SFTE Powered

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 9:04 AM