post Aug 7, 2012 - 3:53 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Got some more done today.

Cleaned all surfaces, and applied new ultra-BLACK rtv to oil pan #1, and of course installed the cleaned oil pickup, and crank splash guard whatever it is thingamajiger.

Installed pan, installed the 2nd oil pump pulley, as well the pump itself with a new fresh paper gasket. Sprayed it with some clear acyrilic because I did not have sealer, but from some web searches I heard that works just as well. Applied proper torque to bolts and got it all done. Tensioner pulley installed, as well the oil pump pulley with some locktite. Just locktited about everything tbh. Even the pain in the butt allen heat bolts found all over the place while doing this job.

Belt put on for mock purposes, tomorrow I'll make sure everything is TDC, and install the tensioner, spin it twice, and check again. Tomorrow is timing hell day =)

The pic

This post has been edited by rave2n: Aug 7, 2012 - 4:51 PM
post Aug 9, 2012 - 3:57 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Getting there, timing slightly off, but I know well enough to do it in 5 minutes now.

had to go buy a vice to reset the tensioner, but meh, needed one anyway.

Jim says, he'll be sending me shipping info in the next 2 weeks...so maybe I'll be getting what I need..maybe I won't don't know. My legal advice says 2 weeks remaining..so we'll see.

Ready to get this done...
post Aug 11, 2012 - 3:06 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Finally got the timing right. Had to pull the tensioner off about 8 times, but I wasn't settling until it was right.

And some cleaning in the area.

Valve cover back on, greased gaskets, and some rtv on the edges, and where the cams are. Just extra leak security I figured couldn't hurt.

Little wire wheel action...

Patiently waiting on parts =/
post Aug 16, 2012 - 6:10 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

A little bit of progress today...

Some more general cleaning, painting little parts such as the bracket around the turbo housing...no idea what that is called, but I know it can be seen, so I sprayed some high temp black on it. Cleaned and sprayed the alt bracket.

As well cleaned and installed the second oil pan. Should be sealed real well.

Threw a filter on, waiting for the gasket to cure. So I can put some oil in it, and rotate it a bunch. Just not comfortable having it sit there dry...may be paranoia...but meh, atleast I know it'll be good and lubed in all the places i've been working. It'll all be drained and done again soon enough. Just going to be a bit of a wait for some parts...and Jim...

Things to acquire:

Downpipe (Berk or cheapo...we'll see)
Clutch & Flywheel (Grind or new..not sure yet)
Spark Plugs
Spark Wireset
Distro Cap & Rotor
AC and Alt Belt (if anyone knows the #s for these, or any one in the US I can grab that'll work let me know please)
Power Steering Belt ("")
Paint for heatshield (havn't decided on color yet, may just go black)
Bunch of hose replacements
Water in & out hoses

Thats about it for the engine itself...bunch for the bay itself...such as rad, exchanger, IC pump, AC lines, harness conversion...list goes on, but its getting shorter day by day.
post Sep 10, 2012 - 12:01 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Argh so busy right now...

Can't get anything done on the engine or car...

Need more time and $$$

post Sep 10, 2012 - 12:43 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

keep it up dude, it's all gonna be worth it in the end

--------------------
post Sep 26, 2012 - 4:21 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Getting closer! You'll have it swapped in no time. Then we will need to see dyno runs. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Sep 27, 2012 - 12:46 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Sep 26, 2012 - 5:21 PM) *
Getting closer! You'll have it swapped in no time. Then we will need to see dyno runs. biggrin.gif

Yessir! I'm thinking it'll be in the vehicle by January at the latest.

Just purchased some items for the celica yesterday..mostly maint. but some other fun items.

Axles, and seals for said axles, also going to pick up a free S54 from someone 30 minutes away. Figured couldn't hurt to have a spare, specially considering the one I have now makes some noises that do not please me.

And I got the dipyourcar kit, so she'll be matte black soon.

Most likely do the axle's and seals this weekend, and sand it down. Some bondo fill, spray the next weekend.

This is all saying my on-call job gives me a break.

On the 3s..still waiting on parts from Jim - "2 weeks" is what I keep hearing..every 2 weeks..
post Sep 28, 2012 - 10:47 AM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

A freshly rebuilt S54 Transmission. Free of charge!

The story goes, this lady send a celica in to get repaired, they rebuilt the transmission, but found issue with the engine during the process. Since it was only a transmission shop, they sent it to somewhere to do the engine work, but was later found to be to expensive on top of the current transmission build, so they took the trannie out, and scraped the celica or sold to shop from my understanding as is.

Sat outside for a year, covered at least. They couldn't find anyone to buy it for what they paid in repairs, so they just posted it for free and I scooped it right up.

So if the story is truthful, I have a freshly rebuilt S54 for the swap. I've turned the spline a bunch and it moves like butter, no apparent damage or binds. Havn't had a chance to shift it through gears, but so far it just looks a little ugly on the outside, but no rust, and the inside differental is clean as could be. So I think i'm good.

And my axles came in for dirty weekend of fun.

So if all goes well, and work isn't up my butt for once this weekend. New axles, seals, fluids. Then sand down, and bondo the dents, then paint the following weekend.

post Sep 28, 2012 - 11:12 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

FREE S54?!?! Throw an MR-S LSD in there and call that a "transmission expense!" That's some incredible luck!

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Sep 28, 2012 - 11:24 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

^ It's deserved, he gave me an excellent deal on his tranny & associating bits. Karma in action.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Sep 28, 2012 - 11:26 AM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Sep 30, 2012 - 9:37 AM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Sep 28, 2012 - 11:12 AM) *
FREE S54?!?! Throw an MR-S LSD in there and call that a "transmission expense!" That's some incredible luck!

Haha, I actually looked up the cost of those LSD's...its...feasible. What I may do is to get the project moving, use the new trannie for the 3s, take out the old S54 and then apply some LSD to it, and replace all the soft bits. Then when its time for a new clutch on the 3s, I'll throw the old trannie back in with its new greatness.

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Sep 28, 2012 - 11:24 AM) *
^ It's deserved, he gave me an excellent deal on his tranny & associating bits. Karma in action.

smile.gif - Now if karma would calm down and let me get this axle bolt off we'd be straight.

---------

Broke 3 breaker bars yesterday and this morning trying to get the axle nut off that I tightened by hand a few weeks ago. Guess this p90x is working...

So..I'm done for the weekend, got nothing accomplished, besides now knowing I have to go purchase an impact gun and fix my compressor....I've been dragging my feet on it for a while, so its due. No excuses!

This post has been edited by rave2n: Sep 30, 2012 - 9:37 AM
post Nov 4, 2012 - 11:59 AM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Putting the skirts on, and rear splitters. Also filling in a huge gap. No idea where it came from, purchased it like this.

Alot of this is temp install. I'll eventually need 2 new fenders, and a few other items, but this is just to get the plastidip on it, and make it look a bit better. Basically it has been annoying me how it looks, and distracting me from working on the swap.

That and Jim still not sending parts, but said is going to send money when he can get steady service...bout tired of his ****. Lawsuit goes active on Monday.

waiting on the caulk to dry, which will be tomorrow...=/ - So no spray today, but will prime the skirts before I drive it around. Hide the blue

post Nov 14, 2012 - 8:39 AM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Well got the skirts and rear splitters put on. As well plastidipped the whole car.

Trying to figure out if I want to put the tail back on...opinions?

This post has been edited by rave2n: Nov 14, 2012 - 8:40 AM
post Nov 14, 2012 - 9:27 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

I spy the ST! Color looks much better.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Nov 14, 2012 - 9:27 AM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Nov 14, 2012 - 10:54 AM
+Quote Post
kurt95gt

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 23, '11
From kenton ohio
Currently Offline

I say put it back on

--------------------
95 gt coupe, v6 swap weekend toy
99 gt hatch beams swapped wife's
94 st hatch my daily driver
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82235
n
post Nov 15, 2012 - 8:44 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

x2

paint looks great

--------------------
post Nov 16, 2012 - 1:30 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Nov 17, 2012 - 3:44 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Nov 16, 2012 - 1:30 AM) *

Same quality of work too wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
post Nov 23, 2012 - 11:48 AM
+Quote Post
Zake

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 7, '10
From Ft. Lauderdale
Currently Offline

QUOTE (rave2n @ Nov 14, 2012 - 7:39 AM) *
Well got the skirts and rear splitters put on. As well plastidipped the whole car.

Trying to figure out if I want to put the tail back on...opinions?

That just looks sexy. I say leave it off. It looks clean and stealthy like this

--------------------

Never Forget. - 2013 Mustang. I miss you every day.

14 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 9:33 AM