> Zephri's ST
post Dec 20, 2013 - 5:40 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

ugh.. i hate those little clips. the plastic piece in the trunk always comes off. I'd try digging around the junkyards for those. usually score a couple here a there.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Dec 20, 2013 - 10:30 PM
+Quote Post
Zephri

Enthusiast

Joined May 4, '13
From Indianapolis
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Dec 20, 2013 - 6:40 PM) *
ugh.. i hate those little clips. the plastic piece in the trunk always comes off. I'd try digging around the junkyards for those. usually score a couple here a there.

I wish it were that easy, Indiana seems to have a void of celicas in the junkyards. frown.gif

I had to go clear to Ohio to get a door, got a good price though. I should've picked the car clean for small parts while I was there.

But that's the bad news, I like good news! It works and I have it all buttoned up now! =D

Video =3
post Dec 20, 2013 - 11:02 PM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

The only place to get those clips, other than a junkyard or Pull-a-Part, is at the dealer. Sorry.

They shouldn't be too expensive - probably about a buck a half a piece each at most.

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post Dec 28, 2013 - 9:42 PM
+Quote Post
Zephri

Enthusiast

Joined May 4, '13
From Indianapolis
Currently Offline

Gonna be a fun day tomorrow, that hood, fender and bumper is gonna shine or have no paint left trying. biggrin.gif

post Dec 29, 2013 - 3:28 PM
+Quote Post
Zephri

Enthusiast

Joined May 4, '13
From Indianapolis
Currently Offline

So uhh...yeah.

The camera definitely makes it look better than it is but it looks a ton better than it did before I buffed it.

Before

After

post Jun 20, 2014 - 3:38 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

Any updates?
post Jun 20, 2014 - 5:04 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Now that it's shiny it reminds me of the one I used to have, sans moon-roof anyway.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 24, 2014 - 12:32 PM
+Quote Post
Zephri

Enthusiast

Joined May 4, '13
From Indianapolis
Currently Offline

QUOTE (msk59 @ Jun 20, 2014 - 4:38 PM) *
Any updates?

Nah not at the moment, I'm still alive though and haven't really lost interest. I just have to get some other priorities finished before I can really start chomping away at this. One of them being an 87 S10 Blazer to prepare for the next winter and to do some offroading. Driving that thing around makes the Celica feel like a real luxury car and how not rusty the celica is in comparison. Although I am enjoying super easy to find and cheap parts for that truck. biggrin.gif

That being said as much as I love this Celica I'll most likely end up selling it to buy a GT if the right deal comes along, I'm tired of not having nice things like a sunroof, fogs, manual gearbox better motor and rear discs, by the time I installed all that I will have been able to buy a GT twice over anyways. =P
post Jun 24, 2014 - 1:08 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

Hey thanks for getting back. A month ago I purchased an ST 1996 with 5 speed. It was just a quick deal and I did not put much research into it before buying and now I have to gather parts to make it to my liking plus the oil consumption issue that pleagues all 7A-FE engines LOL.

Anyway, where did you get that polis Nivite? I cannot find it this end. If you know the link or let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
msk
post Jun 24, 2014 - 3:42 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

The ST had the option of moon-roof, as mind did. Fogs weren't available over here until 1996. At least the ST gets better fuel economy than the GT. The GT is great for swapping though as the performance to economy ratio with it is quite terrible. Then again anything from Honda will be better stock for stock in that regard on either model... The Celica looks better though, so that counts for something. Should find you a GT with a bad engine and drop in a BEAMS or 1MZ.

This post has been edited by Box: Jun 24, 2014 - 3:43 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 8:52 AM