> Rave's Progress Thread, 3sgte Arrived 11/22/11
post Jun 22, 2009 - 5:59 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Made a battery harness today. Noticed I did not have one, and felt it would be a good idea to secure the battery. Just grabbed some aluminum 1/4 bar, rounded the edges off, drilled some holes, and wire brushed for a finer looking finish. Then drilled into the frame, and tapped, and secured with some long arse bolts. Secure as could be, and free!...well if you have that kinda junk laying around =P

Tools used to install...just incase your wondering, used the monkey wrench as a hammer cause i couldn't find one for the punch

Finished Product...sorry for the brightness, need to invest in a better camera then my phone

First Thread!

This post has been edited by rave2n: Jul 5, 2010 - 10:27 AM
post Oct 5, 2009 - 11:30 AM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Renamed the thread - Mainly because I have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time. So now its just general Progression, instead of simple engine bay work.

Working on quite a few things, but figured i'd drop a few pics to show whats going on.

Alot of stuff is a learning experiance for me, so please keep the comments constructive, instead of "WTF dumbarse, why'd you do that"

Fixing up the ugly Trim

Layers later - Will post the complete finish later this week when both sides are done.

Hood acquired from 6GC.net - In progress - Prep Work

Sanded and Primed - more priming and sanding to come - Learning that painting correctly is quite fun.

I do have a enclosed place to paint and such. I figured the beginning sanding and priming didn't really need that much closed quarters considering I have much much more to go.

Have a strut bar to install which will be done later this week. Enjoy.

post Feb 20, 2010 - 5:12 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Got some new parts in, time to get to work! There some riser blocks otw as well. Much thanks to Vincent, always delivers!

First Thread!

Could a mod move my thread to general? Seems i've strayed off since when I originally started this thread.

This post has been edited by rave2n: Jul 5, 2010 - 10:27 AM
post Feb 20, 2010 - 5:38 PM
+Quote Post
johnnehh

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From Oakley, CA
Currently Offline

Good progress thumbsup.gif

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica GT (GT4 conversion) - SOLD :(
2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro - Daily Driver
post Mar 7, 2010 - 5:12 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Everything installed shown above. Will post pics of loweredness when the sun starts to go down a little more.
post Mar 7, 2010 - 5:30 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Oooooh, coilover sleeves. NICE!

One word of warning, don't expect those GR-2's to last long if you're going lower than 1.5", which of course you will.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Mar 7, 2010 - 5:30 PM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Mar 7, 2010 - 6:14 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

How she used to sit.

and how she is today, with the wheels, tires, axle, struts and coilover sleeves.

The back struts were HORRIBLE to get out. The endlink was almost amusing as to how easy it was considering it has 2 write ups. My issue was removing the strut bolts that attached to the hub. After beating at them for 2 hours, I jacked the hub all the way up, and put my rachet and wrench together, and pushed on it with my foot and back to the ground. That got'em released. PB blaster did nothing but make a mess =P. All in all, its done with the suspension atleast. Yea I have them set at 1.5 front and back according to the sleeve measurments, but it certainly looks alot lower then that. Rides nice, slightly bouncey on big dips, but nothing that will drive me nuts. Feel tighter on turns, and not a single noise. Half a can of grease later.

No pics of the passenger axle getting done, but that was fun needless to say. Came out easy, little harder to get back in, but all in all it worked out and is riding good.

Got a facelift bumper in the other day, as well some 404a skirts on the way as well, riser blocks..hopefully in the mail soon. Then will purchase some front and rear splitters and thats it for the exterior. Not going crazy with kits, just want a flashy mostly oem look. Then saving up for the swap. Which was sappose to be first, but decided to take care of these things first, research more and more then be fully prepped for swap, hopefully 3sgte but we'll see. Doing the figures shows that a 4agze swap is really not worth it when the 3s is only a little bit more.

This post has been edited by rave2n: Mar 7, 2010 - 6:23 PM
post Mar 9, 2010 - 9:33 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Goodies have arrived, the painting process begins agian!

an old one I need to finish..paint'em all at once...my ghetto booth is coming together as well, I only visit that transmitter site maybe once or twice a month, but I have a feeling I'll be there much more in the coming weekends.

Side note, like to thank the community for everything. Everything I've done so far is been due to the community either by the forums themselves, or the connection of finding goodies in the FS threads. Thanks agian guys, everything you see on her and soon to be, is from 6gc.net. Except the new things that just had to be purchased =P
post Mar 9, 2010 - 10:05 PM
+Quote Post
johnnehh

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From Oakley, CA
Currently Offline

Lookin' good!

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica GT (GT4 conversion) - SOLD :(
2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro - Daily Driver
post Mar 24, 2010 - 2:24 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

More stuff has come in. Thank you to both the sellers here at 6gc.net

This post has been edited by rave2n: Jul 5, 2010 - 10:28 AM
post Mar 30, 2010 - 1:14 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Work on the rainguards.

They all repaired now, just need a few coats of paint and will install.

post Jul 1, 2010 - 6:35 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Well, this long weekend the cellie gets a makeover.

I hate to spoil it, but i'm quite excited, so I'll just say it =P

Projectors and Clear Highs getting installed, Facelift Front bumper painted/installed, and 404a skirts painted/installed.

Oh yea, and replace the reinforcement bar that was broken on the accident, hoping to not have to beat out to much metal. Got a new bar to install, but looks simple enough.

Annnd, just a little custom work on the Ghost Emblem for the front bumper, a sign of things to come =)

First Thread! Pics

Don't hate on the horn shape yet, its just the fiberglass putty before I sand it to shape.

This post has been edited by rave2n: Jul 5, 2010 - 10:28 AM
post Jul 3, 2010 - 6:24 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Lots of a progress today, woke up early and spent the whole day at it.

All pics on first post!

This post has been edited by rave2n: Jul 5, 2010 - 10:29 AM
post Jul 3, 2010 - 9:50 PM
+Quote Post
mkernz22

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '10
From MA
Currently Offline

So i have one question for you, how did you get that bracket off that holds the bumper to the fenders without taking the fenders off? I've been trying to get the bracket off cause I sawed off my bumper.
post Jul 4, 2010 - 6:26 AM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

You will a need socket wrench, 2 long extensions, and a 10mm socket.

Remove your wheel well plastics. They'll attach all the way back to under the beginning of the door, all the way to the front bumper bottom. Be careful with the tabs, as they tend to break.

Once you get those off, look straight in forward into your fender, and you will see 3 nuts...and why you need those extensions =)
post Jul 4, 2010 - 9:53 AM
+Quote Post
mkernz22

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '10
From MA
Currently Offline

So just a regular 10mm socket or an extended 10mm socket? Also, did any of the bolts snap on you? cause one of mine did so I need to get another bracket... =/
post Jul 4, 2010 - 10:34 AM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

I just used a regular 10mm socket, didn't have to be deep or anything. 2 12 inch extensions is enough, any more, you have to take the wheel off =P

None of mine snapped, but my damage was't as extreme as yours. Yours were probally bent all the hell. I'd just cut'em off, if you want some brackets, mine from my old bumper are just fine, I can remove them and just pay for shipping and they are yours.
post Jul 4, 2010 - 11:32 AM
+Quote Post
mkernz22

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '10
From MA
Currently Offline

actually mine were in good shape still, but they were sort of rusted out, along with a few other bolts. I think I've had over 10, maybe almost 20, snap in this whole process, 2 of which were for the hood hinges =/

I'll let you know somewhere around the 18th or 19th of this month because on going on vacation the next two weeks.
I'm going to try and get a pair at the junk yard, but if those snap too, then I'll let you know.
You wouldn't mind holding on to them for a little bit would you?

This post has been edited by mkernz22: Jul 4, 2010 - 11:33 AM
post Jul 4, 2010 - 11:50 AM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Jul 4, 2010 - 12:32 PM) *
actually mine were in good shape still, but they were sort of rusted out, along with a few other bolts. I think I've had over 10, maybe almost 20, snap in this whole process, 2 of which were for the hood hinges =/

I'll let you know somewhere around the 18th or 19th of this month because on going on vacation the next two weeks.
I'm going to try and get a pair at the junk yard, but if those snap too, then I'll let you know.
You wouldn't mind holding on to them for a little bit would you?

No prob, old bumper is just sitting under the back porch cause its to big for the trash can =P
post Jul 4, 2010 - 9:17 PM
+Quote Post
chacha

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 29, '05
From So-Cal
Currently Offline

what did you use to cover up broken rain guard?

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 1:26 PM