> Unable to Install Shifter Cables, help me ughh
post Nov 29, 2019 - 1:33 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

So i bought these shift cables from the guy on facebook (located in UK) that buys salvaged 6gc and sells them.

This is my 2nd helical lsd 98-99 celica transmission s54. but for some reason the cables casting section is too fat. i cant install the retaining clip. i used a pry bar and even tried hammering it in but it stops. wtf do i do.

i posted this on facebook and even updated pics today showing the issue but still waiting on reply. i basically revived my fb thread.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Dec 2, 2019 - 8:29 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

pics? is there any oxidation residue. you may have to clean with wire brush.

is it on the transmission or the shifter side. you may have the wrong cables.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 2, 2019 - 8:59 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

check toyodiy to see if LHD and RHD cables are different part numbers would be my thought, though I doubt the ends that snap the outer cable to the case would be the difference.

--------------------
post Dec 2, 2019 - 9:12 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Did he send you cables for the E series trans?

They are essentially the same, except for the retaining castings. The E series cables have the larger castings.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Dec 2, 2019 - 6:51 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Dec 2, 2019 - 9:12 AM) *
Did he send you cables for the E series trans?

They are essentially the same, except for the retaining castings. The E series cables have the larger castings.

im almost certain he did.

he somehow thinks his e56 transmission is an s54 06D. i thought abdul teem was smarter than this. i have the pics of his e56 transmission which is the same as my friend which i have seen in person. i can post it on facebook but what for, just a waste of time. i need my cables!

the e56 has an aluminum bracket to hold the clips to cables in place as where the s54 is cast from the gearbox. apparently 7afe and e56 are the same cable even though there is a part number difference.

all s54 whether from japan or usa use the same shift cables.

--------------------
For Sale Items:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:56 AM